Xbox 360's worth it?

heartsfc_fan

I'm tempted to go out and buy one today.

Argos have an offer on for the 60GB version + Halo 3 game for ?169 which seems decent value, as I've had a look everywhere else and nowhere appears to be cheaper.

I've read about the "dreaded red ring" fault that can happen with Xbox's but hopefully buying a brand new one, it should be safe from it for a few years.

Anyone got any heads up they would like to mention to me about Xbox 360's? Any home truths that I should know? :rolleyes:

Rudi Hates Hibees

Well worth the money IMO. Never played Halo 3 but heard its a good game. Call of Duty 4 is superb especially on line and the new fifa game looks good as well.

EDIT- I'm pretty sure i read somewhere Microsoft will cover the Red Ring of Death under the consoles warranty. Could be wrong tho.

jack D and coke

Its now the cheapest console on the market and barring blu-ray is on a par with the PS3 despite what some folk might say. Basically your getting Halo 3 for brussell so you cant go wrong, its a cracking game especially on online co-op. The online multiplayer is good as well. The red ring of death is covered for 3 years but i'm sure the newer models will be more reliable. Call of Duty 4 is brilliant, dont miss that but you'll pick up a 2nd hand copy for around a score. New fifa out on october 3rd and that looks brilliant. Basically just hook your 360 up to the net and you can download demo's of almost every game available for the system. Think woolworth's were doing a similar deal but with the new star wars game, just depends what you prefer. ?170 is well worth it.

Just went and got it in my lunch break. It was actually ?179 and a game but still a good buy if you ask me. The 60GB version with a headset and wireless controller.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Just went and got it in my lunch break. It was actually ?179 and a game but still a good buy if you ask me. The 60GB version with a headset and wireless controller.

Good man you wont regret it, get signed up to Live and let the real fun start.

Literally just bought one in Gamestation. Premium with two controllers, wireless adaptor and Tiger Woods 09 for ?267. Had to negociate a bit but they don't want you going to game/hmv so they are willing to talk!

Literally just bought one in Gamestation. Premium with two controllers, wireless adaptor and Tiger Woods 09 for ?267. Had to negociate a bit but they don't want you going to game/hmv so they are willing to talk!

Good deal as the wireless adaptor is worth ?60.

Superb console, for a great price. Excellent back catalogue of games.

BUY GEARS OF WAR AND CALL OF DUTY 4 NOW!!

:)

Good deal as the wireless adaptor is worth ?60.

Superb console, for a great price. Excellent back catalogue of games.

BUY GEARS OF WAR AND CALL OF DUTY 4 NOW!!

:)

Yup considering popping along later and getting Gears of War. Mate has the game, and it looks good.

jack D and coke
Yup considering popping along later and getting Gears of War. Mate has the game, and it looks good.

Another game with a superb online co-op mode. Play it on insane difficulty with a mate its class!

If you are looking mainly to play online then go for a 360.

However I have a PS3 and aside from the basic online features it's very good.

jack D and coke
Seen the price is really low now, you can get the Arcade version for ?120, is it worth getting the extra 60GB hard drive?

Without a doubt yes. When certain games like GTA4 or Fallout 3 have new downloadable content your going to need the HD and buying one at a later date is more costly. Your as well buying the pro version imo.

Seen the price is really low now, you can get the Arcade version for ?120, is it worth getting the extra 60GB hard drive?

For the sake of an extra 50 or 60 quid you NEED the hard drive.

I got my xbox yesterday and already I am putting music onto it (so I can listen to it during playing a game) - It's great!

And like J+D and coke said, bigger games like GTA4 need a lot of space to store data. I can imagine football manager games would too :rolleyes:

Archived