First Game Back at Tynecastle......

bigbryanthejambo

bigbryanthejambo

Awright folks!

Havent contributed in a while. Due to the nature of my work I had to take a 6 week absecence from JKB and from Tynecastle. Although I have watched all the highlights since my last game....Saturday afternoon and the ICT game was the first time back at the theatre of dreams and watching a full 90minutes football live from our boys under Csaba!!

Just thought I'd share a few of my wee observations on the team and the game having not been ther for a wee bit and see what others think?

I thot first of all, Marian Kello was terrific between the sticks for us on Saturday. I had been bumping my gums to have Jamie MacDonald in goal.....but....the big man Kello looks confident and he isnae scared to come out for a ball or to an on rushing player! Long may THAT continue. Makes all the difference having complete confidence in the man behind Christophe.

Mikey Stewart was superb. Similar to his form at the start of last season he was sharp, full of energy for the whole game, seemed to win tackles and balls in areas of the field that it should have been somebody else's job, and if he can keep his temperament and form....could be a big player for us this season.

Jamie Mole is in my opinion getting as bad as Clum for positioning, maturity and any signs that he has consisent instict as a striker. Nade's fitness is still at an alltime low for a professional football player and if thats him BEEN on a diet then.......Csaba surely has to look elsewhere for our hopes of a 10 goal plus striker!

Kingston was getting plenty shouts of "wage thief" from where I was sitting on Saturday but even although he doesn't run at defenders nearly as much as his talent wud suggest he should, he still won more headers from 2 foot closer to the ground than Jamie Mole *****in DID! haha!

Apart from my on-going problem with why Heart of Midlothian FC dont have a single striker to speak of....(unless Gary Glen gets back in the 1st team) there are a lot of positives to take from Csaba and how he has got the team playing.

Under Frail's regime we'd have lost that ICT game. Fact. Or at the very least drawn. How often last season did we see away teams coming to tynie and battering us till they got a draw or a win. Lee Wallace was looking sharp, and Eggert Jonsson put in a shift despite a few scary moments with the ball at his feet.

I walked away from Tynie chuffed for 3 points on the board, and chuffed that we're playing some form of football again under Csaba. If we can get Tullberg fit...and wee Audrey hits a run of form we might be ok....but in my opinion it's strikers and positive attacking options that's hindering us at the moment!

Would be good to hear what the vibe is on here from fellow kickbackers after that wee spiel!

A fair reflection of the match.

Saturday was more of a "composed struggle" than anything else. We didn't play great, but at the same time were well organised and got the win - which is all that matters.

Funnily enough, I thought Wallace was a liability for most of the game, and that Mole played well, but just didn't have the support. Guess that's what makes football so interesting...

bigbryanthejambo
A fair reflection of the match.

Saturday was more of a "composed struggle" than anything else. We didn't play great, but at the same time were well organised and got the win - which is all that matters.

Aye, I'd agree with the composed struggle! I thought Jonsson was superb at the back and justifys his move in position, and it was much better than last season with Bambi and Neilson. My heart skipped a beet everytime they got their ball at their feet in the back 4! haha!

bigbryanthejambo
Funnily enough, I thought Wallace was a liability for most of the game, and that Mole played well, but just didn't have the support. Guess that's what makes football so interesting...

To be honest though....apart from Kingston on 2 occasions, and Mikey Stewart....Lee Wallace looked like the only one willing to run at players wide. Both Wallace and Kingston should have enuff tricks or speed in the locker to get past players and take them on. Wallace isn't totally solid at the back in his defending duties....but better than Jose last season anyway!!! :)

As for Mole....I just dinnae see it. He reminds me a lot of Elliot....just missing the spark that makes you a good striker. Something players of Bednar and Velicka's calibre have about them!

Archived