I-Pods

Marsh

I am going to buy one of the above, what is the best one?

Cheers in advance.

:107years:

It all depends on how much memory you want, i.e. how many songs you want to be able to store on it. No doubt somebody will be along soon to provide the average number of songs stored per available memory size. I'd do it but I'm rubbish at computers me.

i have 4 ipods and personally i like the Classic purely as it sits in my car connected to my stereo .... and never have to touch it. got about 400 albums on it and still room for about 2000 more ... its mental the space.

i also have the 32GB ipod touch ... great for when travelling as can put on mp4 movies to it ....

4GB nano i use for the gym and Ipod shuffle for when going out for a run .....

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I've got the touch, it's a fecking superb piece of technology.

I've only got the 8 gig mind you but you can only listen to one song at a time!

I've got the 16gb ipod touch. Had a classic before but the touch beats it hands down. 16gb isn't big enough to house my complete music collection but its more than enough to hold a decent portion of it. Its also excellent for watching films when you're travelling on a train/plane/bus.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I still use my old I-pod mini. It is 4Gb and holds about 1,000 songs. I've had it for years.

The girlfriend is getting me a new one for Chrimbo.

I'm on my second iPod in 2 and a half years.

First was a 60GB video one which I thought I'd never fill. The headphone socket went & that one is now for the car while I replaced it with an 80GB video one - slimmer & lighter than the 60GB!

I keep on piling stuff on them (both synced the same) and the 60GB one's just about full!

Tunes, pocasts (incl video), a few movies (music DVDs) & photos all in one place.

Haven't looked recently at the size of these things but get as big capacity as you can afford - you'll start to use it. Although the 'touch' technology is great fun, I don't think it adds to the functionality, and since it sits in my pocket without being touched once it's running, I'm not too bothered about how it gets itself started.

Whatever you get, keep some cash aside to upgrade the earphones. I got Bose ones (Triport ie, or some such) and they make a helluva difference.

I've got the 'classic' 80G

It is ?159.99 and you will never want for extra room on it.

It looks good too

I got the 80g - wish that I had the 160g. :mad:

The Ipod Touch

It is the best.

been thru a few ipods in the family.

I myself have a 16 gig sony mp3 player and made the mistake

of sticking everything on it.

Just put the stuff you like on it or navagation is a nightmare.

At 47 i have a lot of crap,although i listened to

new boots and pantes for the first time in years last week

at the gym and it was the biz.

I have two 13 year old girls,1 who is deaf and was the main reason

for buying the touch as i could put the music videos with subs on it.

http://uk.youtube.com/Sarahsvideopage

After setting it up for her (crimbo) i had to get my other girl one.

The menu with the album covers is superb.

How can she hear if she is deaf......

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cochlear_implant

She loves music.she does not get dolby 5.1 but what she gets she loves.

well done mate,

i would never of looked at the ipod touch in that way as being beneficial to people who are hard of hearing but thats a great way of doing it.

it is an excellent machine

Whatever you get, keep some cash aside to upgrade the earphones. I got Bose ones (Triport ie, or some such) and they make a helluva difference.

Couldn't agree more. If you're going to pay ?150-?300 on a decent mp3 player, you should really be spending the extra few quid on a good set of earphones. It makes all the difference.

I think apple are missing a trick by not offering a separate bundle with premium headphones.

i forked out ?60 for a pair of headphones but apple aint missed a trick they advertise headphones on their website.

http://store.apple.com/uk/browse/home/shop_ipod/ipod_accessories/headphones?mco=MTI3Nzg

its a pity we have to trek to glasgow to visit an apple store.

The Apple store in Manchester is amazing, spent a fortune last time i was in there.

Archived