Picturing People from only their Voice

CostaJambo

OK, you may have to use a bit of imagination for this one as I'm a bit peshed the night. Does anyone else find it amazing when you speak to someone for ages either on the phone or hear them on the radio and then when you finally see them they look nothing like the mental picture you have of them in your head?

There was once a receptionist at my work who my mates all ended up chatting to whenever they called me as they reckoned she had to be totally gorgeous from the sound of her voice. I was totally mystified as she was definitely at the back of the queue when looks were being handed out. She was about 15 stone, her eyes rarely focussed on the same point and she had a gammy leg to boot.

Nucky Thompson
OK, you may have to use a bit of imagination for this one as I'm a bit peshed the night. Does anyone else find it amazing when you speak to someone for ages either on the phone or hear them on the radio and then when you finally see them they look nothing like the mental picture you have of them in your head?

There was once a receptionist at my work who my mates all ended up chatting to whenever they called me as they reckoned she had to be totally gorgeous from the sound of her voice. I was totally mystified as she was definitely at the back of the queue when looks were being handed out. She was about 15 stone, her eyes rarely focussed on the same point and she had a gammy leg to boot.

It's the same as internet persona:rolleyes: I imagine JR to be like Norris from Corrie but I bet he's feck all like that;)

Konrad von Carstein

Used to work in BAE Sytems and dealt with a girl from RAF Wyton, she had a gorgeous "essexy" voice and I had a mental picture of a tall dyed blonde cutie, sort of like Jo Guest (80's page 3 model). Any way under normal circs we would never had met but she managed to get co=opted into a meeting in Edinburgh...by the way she was even cuter in the flesh...future phone calls were muuuuuuuch longer :P

alwaysthereinspirit

Your mates must be thick. The first few seconds of any conversation are usually a dead giveaway for a gammy leg.:P

When I first heard Chris Moyles I had a picture in my head of some lanky guy with blonde hair. Hell was I wrong!:eek:

Archived