Hearts Legends Result

JohnnyPunter

The Hearts Legends took on a Grampian Country Foods side at Broxburn Athletic this afternoon in aid of the Education and Comunity Trust and CHAS.

The Legends won 3-0 with a first half header from Robbo from 8 yards. Hearts' Commercial Manager Ross Easton Scored the second after a penetrating run from the right back slot and Crabbo completed the scoring with a shot that flew into the roof fo the net from a wide angle.

Approximately ?2,000 has been raised beteween the two charities and thanks go to Dave Shaw from Grampian Foods for organising the game.

Hearts team included; Robbo, Crabbo, Mackay, Quitongo, Alan Lawrence, Sandiosn and Brian Hamilton with a guest appearance from Mickey Weir!!

Next game for the legends is against a Penicuik select at Penicuik Jnrs on the 5 October.

with a guest appearance from Mickey Weir!!

What the ****?

I'll certainly not be donating any cash ever to watch a "Hearts" side containing such a little green and white mod edit!

What the ****?

I'll certainly not be donating any cash ever to watch a "Hearts" side containing such a little green and white mod edit

Classy come back my friend but I think the most important thing is beacause of everyones involvement and giving up their time there has been funds raised for the Children's Hospice Association Scotland

Classy come back my friend but I think the most important thing is beacause of everyones involvement and giving up their time there has been funds raised for the Children's Hospice Association Scotland

Sorry mate, I do think it's excellent that certain Charities benefit from work of a Hearts legend team. I just can't bring myself to agree with Micky Weir lining up beside Gary MacKay, Robbo, Crabbo etc. Surely we enough fit ex-players without having to let that little rodent play! I see someone from the office scored, surely we ould just use another of the admin staff!

Sorry mate, I do think it's excellent that certain Charities benefit from work of a Hearts legend team. I just can't bring myself to agree with Micky Weir lining up beside Gary MacKay, Robbo, Crabbo etc. Surely we enough fit ex-players without having to let that little rodent play! I see someone from the office scored, surely we ould just use another of the admin staff!

How about bringing on Vlad's niece with a minute to go for the traditional swapping of jerseys at full-time?

Trying to get an all Hearts team at times is actually quite difficult and the reason why other pro players are drafted in. I know where you are coming from but the teams that played the legends would rather play against former pros than people they hadn't heard of and thats why these games are proving popular. The legends team is always predominantly Hearts boys anyway

Do the 'Legends' still use their 'influence' to ensure the refs give the decisions in their favour?:rolleyes:

joking apart.....;) it is a great experience for any jambo to play against these guys,the JKB team played them last year and felt aggrieved at the result.Spoke to Crabbo yesterday and he said "bring it on,hardest game so far,BUT we are fitter now"!

Quite fancy a kick at Ross Easton anyway:rolleyes:

Still bitter toward Mickey Weir 20 yrs on. :rolleyes: Sad stuff.

The guy was helping a freeking charity FFS! Obviously the ex-Hearts guys think he's alright or he wouldn't have been invited.

Well done to the guy, he must have known he'd get a few pelters but he still showed up.

Robbo donated a signed Hearts jersey to the Aussie Hibs supporters club so they could raise money to bring over an ex hibby. Does that make Robbo a rodent too.

Cheers Mickey Weir, nice one mate.

Great causes and great result for the Legends but who is Ross Easton?!!

:sheep:

Aberdeen fan who's worked for Hearts for several years, very decent bloke actually !

Mickey stays in my village and i know him and his family and you couldnt meet better people, great to hear he was helping good causes. I used to sit in the stands singing songs about Mickey back in the 80s but now i know him and his family i have a lot more respect and wish him all the best for the future.

Archived