Kello v Banks

Hibs Nil

After all the furore surrounding the arrival of Kello and the 'demotion' of Banks do any of the greeting-faced-moaners still believe that Banks is the better goalkeeper?

Banks was better than average and better than anything else we had at the time. However, his time was up as there were more and more preventable goals going past him in the last 6 months ( I don't agree with the way it was all done though).

Kello has made a decent start and not been at fault for any goals. That is all - he's not world class and never will be.

Banks was better than average and better than anything else we had at the time. However, his time was up as there were more and more preventable goals going past him in the last 6 months ( I don't agree with the way it was all done though).

Kello has made a decent start and not been at fault for any goals. That is all - he's not world class and never will be.

Strange comment after the guy has played only 3 or 4 games.

I guarantee you that you have never seen a Hearts No1 command his area as well as he does in the last 10 years. I also guarantee that you have never seen a Hearts No1 distribute so well and so early either.

I am very pleased with his contribution so far and will hold fire on judging the guys potential.

Rod.

Jambof3tornado

Kellos command of his area and great throwing distribution are something we havent seen at tynie since Niemi's time,and its been missed. To have a keeper be able to come out for a ball and throw it to a hearts player on the halfway line 9 times out of 10 is brilliant,and as Berra says "takes some pressure off the back 4".

Banks was a journeyman keeper,but Kello is something more than that.

Strange comment after the guy has played only 3 or 4 games.

I guarantee you that you have never seen a Hearts No1 command his area as well as he does in the last 10 years. I also guarantee that you have never seen a Hearts No1 distribute so well and so early either.

I am very pleased with his contribution so far and will hold fire on judging the guys potential.

Rod.

I'm going on the premise that I've only seen 2 world class players at Tynie in over 30 years and neither of them arrived at the club.

I said he had made a good start and would be happy for him to prove me wrong.

After losing CG, I always felt that we were in safe hands with Banks.

I feel the same with Kello, who is extremely solid & also offers a far better distribution.

Got to agree there.

I think Kello could be our Grobbelaar - without the League Champonships and European Cup medals.

Maybe I'm too pessimistic.

He does command his area very well and apart from one kick that he took onto his left foot and got a poor hit on it, his distribution was excellent.

The problem was that the rest of the team were second to every ball for much of the game.

One quality moment was when he came way out of his goal to catch a long throw. I think he's going to be a very good keeper for us.

I'm going on the premise that I've only seen 2 world class players at Tynie in over 30 years and neither of them arrived at the club.

I said he had made a good start and would be happy for him to prove me wrong.

Can't disagree with that.:)

Rod.

ToadKiller Dog

Bank was/is a solid reliable keeper, Kello looks so far more than that ,i would say he has a bit of a swagger about him.

the complaint was always about the way Banks was dumped not the talents of both men.

Banks has at all times tried his best for the club ,i hope he goes on to become a top coach.

I think he is an EXCITING player.

That's pretty good for a goalie.

He has not been around long enough yet shown the consistent shot stopping ability of Gordon (and might never be as good in that dept) but he has shown early promise of being able to - all other parts of his game look top drawer.

siegementality
After all the furore surrounding the arrival of Kello and the 'demotion' of Banks do any of the greeting-faced-moaners still believe that Banks is the better goalkeeper?

Brilliant question to illict opinion.

Bank was/is a solid reliable keeper, Kello looks so far more than that ,i would say he has a bit of a swagger about him.

the complaint was always about the way Banks was dumped not the talents of both men.

Banks has at all times tried his best for the club ,i hope he goes on to become a top coach.

Some complained it was not fair, the way Banks was moved on but also there were moans about the fact Kello was from Kaunas but Kello looks better than Banks.

Then the complaints moved onto MacDonald should be playing because he played against Rangers. There are still some that think Jamie should be playing and it is not fair but maybe Kello is the better keeper.

Do you know where hell is

I have to admit kello has look decent to me, the guy does have a bit of a swagger as was said above. Seems to command his area well and is very vocal, one moan would be he is quite small and does have a tendancy to wander off his line, other than that though he looks decent and not a bad keeper.

My issue was never with how good Kello was going to be, I was just angry at the treatment of yet another Hearts stalwart by our owner.

I'm delighted Kello looks like he's going to be good- that doesn't take away from the fact that Banks was treated very poorly by Romanov, and that still angers me.

Johanes de Silentio
I've only seen 2 world class players at Tynie in over 30 years and neither of them arrived at the club.

So who are these 2 world class players, then?

Surely there's been more than 2?

I've been very impressed with Marti Pellow...

Loved it when heturned to the Caley fans that were jeering him to go 'What I'm putting on my gloves'

I wasn't one of the pro-Banks whining girlies, so have no axe to grind in that regard. However, I have to say that Kello has the makings of a very very good keeper.

Any argument was never in regards to either players abilities. I was only upset at how another loyal Hearts player had been treated by the club. Kello's very good performance have not made that feeling go away.

So who are these 2 world class players, then?

Surely there's been more than 2?

Craig Gordon and Craig Levein imo.

Some top drawer players at the back of them but they both have that bit extra. Levein was robbed of many caps and trophies (with another club) - hopefully Gordon will get a move to a club that reflects his ability in the next year or two.

My issue was never with how good Kello was going to be, I was just angry at the treatment of yet another Hearts stalwart by our owner.

I'm delighted Kello looks like he's going to be good- that doesn't take away from the fact that Banks was treated very poorly by Romanov, and that still angers me.

Not the whole truth. :P

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/showthread.php?t=25896

And anyway, what is the new way to drop players when better players are brought in?

The club should ask them kindly if they would mind?

Like the look of Kello.Always thought Banks would be replaced easily.Did not see what the fuss was about with Banks being demoted.He was told at pre season that Hearts see him as a coach before a player.

MacDonald Jardine

I agree with the second part but not the first.

Banks was popular IMO for three reasons:

He wasn't the absolute bombscare the others were.

He came across as a good influence with the other players.

He related well to the fans.

None are good reasons for keeping him as first choice goalie, especially given he could increasingly be blamed for the goals we lost.

Archived