Christos' Heart was in Greece

jumpship

Daily ranger

HEARTS star Christos Karipidis has revealed how the club blocked his summer return to Greece after the birth of his child.

The 25-year-old signed from PAOK Salonika in July 2006 and the Greeks wanted to re-sign him.

Karipidis said: "Having a child changed things. I want what is best for my family and for me and that was being in Greece.

"PAOK offered money but Hearts wanted more.

"I spoke to the boss who asked me to stay. These things happen."

If he signed a three year contract two years ago then he can't exactly complain, can he?

He didn't seem nearly so upset about it in yesterday's match programme.

Buffalo Bill

The Record article is based on selective quoting from the interview in yesterday's programme. It misses out comments such as:

"PAOK offered money but Hearts wanted more. I also spoke to the manager and he persuaded me to stay here.

"I spoke to the boss who asked me to stay. These things happen and it's over now."

'I am not angry with anyone at the club. I understand the club's position and told that to the manager when I spoke to him.

I have forgotten about it and am cincentrating on Hearts and will continue to give everything for the club.

Yup,

It's just a sensationalist spin on a non-story to try and make Hearts look bad.

It's pretty simple. DON'T BUY THE RECORD.

And another thing.....

Isn't it time that we created a new sub-forum for non stories like this to be moved to.

By giving them the attention they crave we are prepetuating the problem, giving the website extra clicks and therefore extra advertising revenue and encouraging htem to keep spouting nonsense about Hearts.....

Once it's clear that it''s a non-story that's just been spun to make Hearts look bad - as is completely obvious in this case, given that most of us have already read the interview in yesyerday's programme - it should be taken away from The Terrace.

Archived