Limited Edition framed prints of the Main Stand, Tynecastle Park

Sgt.Rock

Over the last three years, with the co-operation of HMFC, I have been assembling a photographic record of the Main Stand at Tynecastle Park, in anticipation of it's eventual demolition. It's been something of a labour of love: hours spent in a cold, often wet, and sometimes plain spooky, empty stadium with just the seagulls for company, but I now have a sizeable archive of images of this iconic structure, from late 2005 to date.

Anyway, Buffalo Bill (aka Andrew-Henry Bowie, author of Two Miles to Tynecastle) asked me to produce some prints to embellish his star-studded book launch in the Gorgie suite a few weeks ago. I selected six images and had them mounted and framed. I would like to keep a couple myself, but the remainder are now up for sale. These archival quality prints are mounted on conservation grade board prior to framing and, if properly cared for, should literally last a lifetime, and then some.

Anyone interested in purchasing one should follow the link here. Be warned: because of the quality of the materials used in the printing and mounting of these images, they are not cheap...serious enquiries only, as they say.

And if you've ever wondered what a seagull knows about the merits of 4-4-2 versus 4-4-1-1... I know the answer... ;)

Because of the unique nature of this sale offer, and because of its relevance and interest for Hearts supporters and collectors of HMFC-related limited edition memorabilia, we thought we'd copy this to the Terrace and Shed.

If you are interested in any of the prints, please contact Sgt.Rock privately or via the link provided, rather than posting offers here.

Ray French? I've forgotten your previous user name, Ray. I have a recollection of discussions about real ale pubs in the south of England.

Love the prints of Newhaven harbour. Just down the road from me.

Ray French? I've forgotten your previous user name, Ray. I have a recollection of discussions about real ale pubs in the south of England.

Love the prints of Newhaven harbour. Just down the road from me.

Ah, real ale.... my second favourite subject.... :)

R.

jamboinglasgow
The one with the festival fireworks in the backgroud is pretty good.

thought so too, really impressive. Take it that was taken during the festival fire works and not you spent new year sitting in tynecastle.

Would love to get that but being a student its a bit much to spend at the moment.

I've viewed them up close, and I can say with hand on heart that they're awesome.

Buffalo Bill

terrific photos sgt rock, out my price range, but wonderful

i loive the castle & merry go round pic on the same page though, thats brilliant

Take it that was taken during the festival fire works and not you spent new year sitting in tynecastle.

Yes, it was the end-of-festival display last year (2007). I sat in the Wheatfield stand and illuminated the main stand (which was in darkness) with a big torch (!) while the fireworks went off...

i loive the castle & merry go round pic on the same page though, thats brilliant

Why thank you ma'am, your too kind. 10% discount to JKB subscribers btw... ;)

jamboinglasgow
Yes, it was the end-of-festival display last year (2007). I sat in the Wheatfield stand and illuminated the main stand (which was in darkness) with a big torch (!) while the fireworks went off...

you lit the main stand with a torch:eek: that must be one powerful torch, I thought they had switched on two of the floodlights. Good on you.

you lit the main stand with a torch:eek: that must be one powerful torch, I thought they had switched on two of the floodlights. Good on you.

I had a few sleepless nights thinking about how I was going to do this. When I arrived at Tynie that night the floodllights were on as the team were training. Had they carried on through the fireworks the night would have been a bust, as the floodlights would comprehensively outshine the fireworks. Fortunately they stopped and the lights were extingiuished. I had bought one of those 5,000 candle power muckle things from B&Q and I 'painted' the stand with torchlight as each exposure was made.

No-one was more surprised than me when it worked though... :cool:

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

That one with the fireworks is absolutely brilliant.

Do you have any of the changing rooms? Can we see them?

Do you have any of the changing rooms? Can we see them?

Yes, I've got a lot of detail of the changing rooms, the physios room, even the ref's changing room :eek:. These images will eventually see the light of day, but just now I'm being careful not to throw anything onto the Interweb thingy without consulting with HMFC...

Photoshop ;)

Indeed. I don't know of a digital image that doesn't go through Photoshop. In the digital age it's the (best) software equivalent of an old photographic enlarger. But (he continued, indignantly..;)) that still doesn't mean that I wasn't sat high up in a darkened Wheatfield stand, waving a torch around like some demented extra from the X files, while keeping one ear on the radio broadcast and firing the camera shutter via my foot on a cable release bulb, in order to capture that image.

Next time I'll take my pinhole camera and take one picture of the entire display. Actually, that's not such a bad idea...:rolleyes:

Lombardia Jambo

Believe me, mr. French is a real genius ! Great in everything he does ! Photos absolutely BRILLANT.........aka BARRY !!

Believe me, mr. French is a real genius ! Great in everything he does ! Photos absolutely BRILLANT.........aka BARRY !!

Grazie mille, Sig. T. Jamboista siamo noi! Or something like that...

Grazie mille, Sig. T. Jamboista siamo noi! Or something like that...

Valpolicelli Chianti Barolo Pinot Grigio.........hic, time for bed I think. :rolleyes:

Archived