Houdinis

i8hibsh

Anyone guilty of these on a night out?

You know when you are so wasted you can't actually be ersed saying bye and you just slip out without anyone seeing.

I am the king of them

Sometimes its just easier that way mate. Been known to do a "fast one" now and again:)

You mates will only try and persuade you to stay for 'another'

A good one is to pretend that you don't get a signal in the pub or pretend you are on the phone and leave with the phone in your ear

To do a successful one is actually quite a skill

You mates will only try and persuade you to stay for 'another'

A good one is to pretend that you don't get a signal in the pub or pretend you are on the phone and leave with the phone in your ear

To do a successful one is actually quite a skill

A skill that takes a certain amount of alcohol consumption. Such an act can never be performed sober. Also I would be reluctant to do one if I was only with one other person....

jack D and coke

Reckon i'm the undisputed world heavyweight champion at Houdinis, or do a dog in the fog as i like to call them. Dae it aw the time.

Happens with me all the time. I get to a certain point in the night, suddenly the homing beacon kicks off and I am on my way home sharpish.

Done it several times. Prefer to call it going AWOL.

I have gone 'AWOL' from:

City (A good few times)

Stereo (More than once)

Faith

Siglo

Plus many more, its all done in good banter though.

Also best was to go about it is to say you're going for a 'Tam Kite'.

ToadKiller Dog
Happens with me all the time. I get to a certain point in the night, suddenly the homing beacon kicks off and I am on my way home sharpish.

yeah do the same myself ,often though it leads to drunken walks home ,taking short cuts used to take a short cut drunk across the local cemetery up here in dumdee nothing like a graveyard at 3am .

another time staying up at my uncles in inverness left a party houdini style took a short cut across a golf course jumped a fence ended up in a ditch .

Not overly gulity of doing it myself, though has happened on extremely drunken ocassions when the 'homing instinct' kicks in...

Do have a couple of mates who are prone to curiously 'Houdini'ing' when its time for their round at the bar right enough...:cool:

Doctor FinnBarr
yeah do the same myself ,often though it leads to drunken walks home ,taking short cuts used to take a short cut drunk across the local cemetery up here in dumdee nothing like a graveyard at 3am .

another time staying up at my uncles in inverness left a party houdini style took a short cut across a golf course jumped a fence ended up in a ditch .

I just go to the bog and never return!

And as for short cuts, well I used to take one thro Bathgate golf course every week and every week fell into the same ditch!

:P

Me coppercrutch and a good few more of our mates were up in Thurso a few years back.

We were in this pub, it was late we had all been well oiled for about 12 hours and coppercrutch houdini'd.

Unfortunately for him our hotel was right next door, so we went and dragged him out his bed, dragged him back to the pub, then he done it again, so we went back and dragged him out his bed - AGAIN.

This happened again and again, and I can honestly say that he must hold the world record for houdini's in the one night - 4 in total!!!

A mate from work stays in Livingston, so he usually bunks on my sofa after a night out after work on Friday's. It is a week from payday so he was root (taxi's from here to Liv are ?35).

It was too late for his last bus and for some unexplicable reason my homing device went on auto pilot and next thing I know it's 9am, i'm in my scratcher and I had 12 missed calls.

The voicemails were from him giving me jip. Taxi cost him ?35 - oops

Doctor FinnBarr
Me coppercrutch and a good few more of our mates were up in Thurso a few years back.

We were in this pub, it was late we had all been well oiled for about 12 hours and coppercrutch houdini'd.

Unfortunately for him our hotel was right next door, so we went and dragged him out his bed, dragged him back to the pub, then he done it again, so we went back and dragged him out his bed - AGAIN.

This happened again and again, and I can honestly say that he must hold the world record for houdini's in the one night - 4 in total!!!

A mate from work stays in Livingston, so he usually bunks on my sofa after a night out after work on Friday's. It is a week from payday so he was root (taxi's from here to Liv are ?35).

It was too late for his last bus and for some unexplicable reason my homing device went on auto pilot and next thing I know it's 9am, i'm in my scratcher and I had 12 missed calls.

The voicemails were from him giving me jip. Taxi cost him ?35 - oops

He was robbed, Ted P managed to get us 1 to Blackburn last night for ?30.

:eek:

He was robbed, Ted P managed to get us 1 to Blackburn last night for ?30.

:eek:

That another thing..............taxi drivers!! they take advantage of the steamers

That another thing..............taxi drivers!! they take advantage of the steamers

Ha ha, once had a cab to a night club in Manchester for 7 quid. Got up the next morning and rifled through my pockets to find a receipt for the same ride back for 28 quid!!

BTW A very good Houdini to pull off is when you go ugly early and don't want your mates to see. It takes a lot of skill to get the lot of them moving on to the next boozer while you slink back to chance your arm with the slightly desperate looking bird who you thought was giving you the glad eye all night, only to find she doesn't even recognise you and is waiting for her boyfriend to finish work, while you have lost contact with the boys.

Coppercrutch tried and failed several times to do a Houdini last night.

I did manage the phone to the ear trick last night, pulled off to perfection! However walking through Saughton Park in the pitch black wasn't the best idea when I saw my Converse this morn!:P

I did manage the phone to the ear trick last night, pulled off to perfection! However walking through Saughton Park in the pitch black wasn't the best idea when I saw my Converse this morn!:P

Coppercrutch has zero talent at Houdini's.

It is only a good Houdini if you pull it off

Moonface were you there that day watching the Rangers QOS final in the Haymarket when coppercrutch houdinid at 4.30 in the afternoon?

You said bye to me last night ya clown!

Moonface were you there that day watching the Rangers QOS final in the Haymarket when coppercrutch houdinid at 4.30 in the afternoon?

Pass! I don't remember last week!

If that's right Dave, moonfaces's houdini is null and void!

He was probably butchering a Kings of Leon song at said time....he's an unreliable witness!

He was probably butchering a Kings of Leon song at said time....he's an unreliable witness!

NULL AND VOID!!! Graham could teach you a thing or 2.

Anyone guilty of these on a night out?

You know when you are so wasted you can't actually be ersed saying bye and you just slip out without anyone seeing.

I am the king of them

From the man who left Robbos at 7 last night!

I don't think I've ever told my mates when I'm leaving a night out. Usually head towards the bar and then sneak out. Usually too fecked to see it through to the death.

Archived