Laryea Kingston

The Merse

Seriously, pull the fecking finger out. Getting seriously peeved with his half hearted performances.

Also sick of him firing it into the box from about 40 yards out instead of actually trying to get down the byline. Obviously he isn't an orthodox winger but these balls into the box from so deep are absolutely pointless.

Good player, crap attitude, may need rid of in January if a semi decent offer comes in.

Seriously, pull the fecking finger out. Getting seriously peeved with his half hearted performances.

Also sick of him firing it into the box from about 40 yards out instead of actually trying to get down the byline. Obviously he isn't an orthodox winger but these balls into the box from so deep are absolutely pointless.

Good player, crap attitude, may need rid of in January if a semi decent offer comes in.

Agreed. He does my ****ing nut in. learly has the ability but doesn't try a jot.

Sorry, couldn't read your post after seeing your picture of whats his pus. karabochitup. I hate that guy, he's a narse. get him tae fooooooooook

Sorry, couldn't read your post after seeing your picture of whats his pus. karabochitup. I hate that guy, he's a narse. get him tae fooooooooook

It's Eduard Malofeev actually.

Guess The Crowd
It's Eduard Malofeev actually.

Shortly after he joined the club, I remember marvelling at his work-rate and effort at Pittodrie (in the game where he was harshly sent off and then went mental). That day, he put in more effort than all the other outfield players put together. Anyone any idea what's up with him?

Agree with all that.

The most frustrating thing is that we all know he has tons of ability and could quite easily be one of the better players in the SPL but for some reason he just seems lethargic.

Agree with all that.

The most frustrating thing is that we all know he has tons of ability and could quite easily be one of the better players in the SPL but for some reason he just seems lethargic.

His talent is obvious. Once or twice per game he can take down a pass and go past a player like they are not there. He's got great skills.

But he can't be bothered - not a team player - and he should be dropped, particularly if appearance/win bonuses are a decent sized bit of his wage packet.

I think the truth is he's not that good. Not saying he's bad but he's nowhere near as good as many claim, IMO. I think he made an impression because of where we were when he arrived. He had huge holes in his game when he arrived but they were largly ignored.

People were proudly claiming him as world class or the best player in the SPL.

We may be lucky to get our money back on him.

I agree. No serious bids or speculation of bigger clubs wanting to take him. A big sign as to his actual quality.

Maybe now it becomes clear why he has spent his career in places like Libya and Chechnya when other Ghanaian players are in top leagues around Europe?

Plenty skill, little application.

He is the most talented player to have pulled on a maroon jersey in my memory, although he can be lazy and sporadic. However, today I thought he was one of our better players who looked the most likely to do something. Too many tits in the stand looking for scapegoats (a la Miko), and pick on Kingston. He is a player who could (and will) grace the EPL, so enjoy his undoubted ability while you can.

He is the most talented player to have pulled on a maroon jersey in my memory, although he can be lazy and sporadic. However, today I thought he was one of our better players who looked the most likely to do something. Too many tits in the stand looking for scapegoats (a la Miko), and pick on Kingston. He is a player who could (and will) grace the EPL, so enjoy his undoubted ability while you can.

Oh dear. Open your eyes. Yes he has ability but most talented player to play for Hearts in your memory?! Your memory must be very very short.

If he continues as he is he has no chance of making the EPL. He doesn't try a bit and its incredibly frustrating. He's meant to be RM, not upfront. Makes little/no attempt to get back and help Eggert and strolls around like Billy Big Time waiting on the ball reaching him. Then he'll go on a solo greedy run and fire a shot wide/over.

Also we won today so how can anybody be looking for a scapegoat?!

Are you a week old? Jankauskas and Skacel are twice the player Kingston is.

He will not touch a football in the Premiership in his career unless he changes his attitude quickly. He gives the team nothing when he doesn't have the ball, and that simply will not cut it in the Premiership. He's no more than ordinary in the SPL for 75% of the time.

He's got ability, he just doesn't want to use it.

Oh dear. Open your eyes. Yes he has ability but most talented player to play for Hearts in your memory?! Your memory must be very very short.

If he continues as he is he has no chance of making the EPL. He doesn't try a bit and its incredibly frustrating. He's meant to be RM, not upfront. Makes little/no attempt to get back and help Eggert and strolls around like Billy Big Time waiting on the ball reaching him. Then he'll go on a solo greedy run and fire a shot wide/over.

Also we won today so how can anybody be looking for a scapegoat?!

RM thought Obua was man of the match at Hamilton.

Nuff said.

:eek:

RM thought Obua was man of the match at Hamilton.

Nuff said.

:eek:

In fairness to Obua, he is the most talented player to have pulled on a maroon jersey in my memory...

:rolleyes:

Shortly after he joined the club, I remember marvelling at his work-rate and effort at Pittodrie (in the game where he was harshly sent off and then went mental). That day, he put in more effort than all the other outfield players put together. Anyone any idea what's up with him?

thinks that he is better than he actually is !!!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Strawberry Jam

I was hoping that Shabba subbing Kingston in the first few games would make him realise he needs to work harder and be more of a team player but on todays performance it doesn't seem so!!

Kingston in present mode is not fit to wear the jersey - he's cheating on himself,the club and all the rest of us. There was a situation today in the 90th minute where Caley broke down the middle,moved it wide right and all the time their left midfield player was breaking his neck to get into the box to get on the end of something.Eggert was sucked in to the middle to cover. Kingston saw what was going on and just trotted back - the Inverness guy got at least 20 yards on him - absolute disgrace,could have cost us dear.

Has talent sure, but lazy as feck, fairly obvious as to why the rest of the Ghanian midfield are worth ?m and he's playing in the SPL.

Wonder if he's looking to move and nobody has ratified it, so he's in the huff. Even Skacel when he couldn't be arsed could still put the ball in the net or set one up when it really mattered. Just can't see Kingston doing that anymore, everything is quite half hearted now unfortunately.

We are supposed to enjoy watching an undoubtedly talented player who will not put the effort in to earn a reputed ?10 grand a week.

I don't think so - the guy deserves all the pelters he gets.

Try thinking about the effort that Mikey Stewart put in today and think what Kingston could be like if he applied that to his talent.That I would enjoy but right now he needs to be doing a bit of bench warming !

I think Kingston won man of the match for a reason. Made a number of good runs with and more importantly without the ball. He may not b on fianal cross but I thought overall he put in a good shift.

I think Kingston won man of the match for a reason. Made a number of good runs with and more importantly without the ball. He may not b on fianal cross but I thought overall he put in a good shift.

He didn't win MOTM. He was as far from being MOTM as you could possibly be.

Stewart won Sponsors MOTM, Karipidis won Ukio MOTM.

The most talented player to have pulled on a maroon jersey - couldn't lace Ricardo Fuller's boots.

Johanes de Silentio

Prima-donnas in Hearts jerseys are exactly the reason why I appreciate the likes of Grondlund & McFarlane - guys of 'limited ability' [burley!] whose application justified their selections every time.

Players like Kingston are the complete antithesis of such semi-legends.

However...

we dinnae have that much quality in the squad, so maybe it's an idea to use Larry solely for his ability to keep the ball moving - even if he's not willing to push himself.

It's just frustrating that he only shows up as a shadow of the player his ability would suggest.

If we're basing our team selections on application and effort, then Larry wouldnae even make the bench.

Even more annoying when Ruben is champing at the bit for a start or two.

Shame innit?

What really ****es me off about Larry is that I've watched him play for Ghana loads of times.......and every single time he's been immense for them.

He doesn't even try at Hearts, you know, the guys that pay his wages!

He seems to just barely do enough and save his talent for his country.

Shame.

If we had the box of jewels we had two years ago then Larry may be cooling his heels right now on the bench.

But we need him. And how anyone can say he doesn`t try gets to me.

In a squad with "limited ability" his control and wisdom are needed, not headless chickens who don`t have a bit intellect on the park.

Yesterday, i saw Larry try, no question. I think many of you are jumping on the bandwagon and can`t from your own opinion.

Yes, he maybe should be taking on players more but maybe the guy is suffering from lack of confidence just now?

He is the most talented player to have pulled on a maroon jersey in my memory, although he can be lazy and sporadic.

He is one of the most over-rated players to have pulled on a maroon jersey in my memory, although he can be skillfull and play some great stuff.

His game just now is as predictable as the Hobo's making it 108.

Kingston wouldn't even make it into my top 20 Hearts players of all time, might scrape into the top 40 if he's lucky. He's a lazy git at times and it's so frustrating knowing he has the talent but only plays if he can be bothered, i'd drop him onto the bench for a few matches, could be a decent player to bring on if we need something to happen in a tough game but that's about it.

Plenty skill, little application.

In a nutshell. Should be dropped for someone who actually wants to work hard for the team.

When Chesney/Driver return from injury, he should be dropped in favour of moving Miko to the right side and Driver on the left, or Chesney on the right.

He probably thinks his place in the team is assured either way, so he doesn't feel the need to work as hard as the others.

Have to say it's really cringeworthy for the fans to sing his name when he offers nothing to the team at all.

I confidently predict that Larry's attitude will start to improve and we will see the best of him again....

As soon as we get a bit closer to the transfer window.

I agree that he will end up in the EPL, where he will HAVE to try his best just to keep up with the players around him, he has all the skills he needs to get himself there.

But I really do think it's time to drop him, even if it's just for a couple of games.

He would be a real impact player coming off the bench and it might just give him the kick up the backside he needs.

There is absolutely no doubting his ability, but you can't earn yourself a place in the EPL from the bench and once he realises that I think he will buck up his ideas and recapture previous form.

Should be punted in Jan.

How can he be punted. If as reported he is on 15k per week nobody will pay him that sort of money. I think he will see out his contract with Hearts.

We need management to figure out whats up and sort it or drop him. Kingston should be too good to stay in the SPL, but right now he's not good enough to justify his starting place.

He didn't win MOTM. He was as far from being MOTM as you could possibly be.

Stewart won Sponsors MOTM, Karipidis won Ukio MOTM.

I have to confess to only watching on BBC Alba and he was "Clydesdale Bank Man of the Match" (although it was written in Gaelic)

Spot on,I never ever liked him,you could see he had talent but just another in a long line over the past 3 years who couldn't give a toss.

If we had the box of jewels we had two years ago then Larry may be cooling his heels right now on the bench.

In a squad with "limited ability" his control and wisdom are needed, not headless chickens who don`t have a bit intellect on the park.

Yesterday, i saw Larry try, no question. I think many of you are jumping on the bandwagon and can`t from your own opinion.

Yes, he maybe should be taking on players more but maybe the guy is suffering from lack of confidence just now?

Thank goodness some sense at last.

I'd agree with that. Csaba is (correctly, like Levein) building the team from the back, and, without Nade, any midfield player has few options for what to do with the ball going forward.

He is doing as he is told and we won the game.

He is told to stroll about contributing very little like a lazy overpaid erse?!

Got to say I think he was showing signs of getting back to form yesterday.

I think it's a bit strong to say his attitude stinks - sounds exactly like the kind of attention Miko used to get - players hit and then dip out of form - that's football.

If he isn't brilliant every week doesn't mean he should be punted, but once again, due to injury our options were limited so a player not at his best had to be played.

There is rampant impatience on here, he will get back to form for us, but will need time due to the change of system and his own "cycle"

Kingston is a great wee player and I'm delighted he is here.

Got to say I think he was showing signs of getting back to form yesterday.

I think it's a bit strong to say his attitude stinks - sounds exactly like the kind of attention Miko used to get - players hit and then dip out of form - that's football.

If he isn't brilliant every week doesn't mean he should be punted, but once again, due to injury our options were limited so a player not at his best had to be played.

There is rampant impatience on here, he will get back to form for us, but will need time due to the change of system and his own "cycle"

Kingston is a great wee player and I'm delighted he is here.

Agreed don't why he's singled out for usually harsh criticism on here - maybe some people are missing Clum as our whipping boy. Thought he was one of our better players yesterday along with the also much malined Miko.

I reckon the reason Kingston isn't running about here there and everywhere is that he has been told not to as Csaba probably wants the team to keep it's shape more.

Kingston is easily one of the best players in the squad but maybe some of you guys probably prefer Mole because he does more running!

I thought Kingston had quite a good game yesterday but unfortunately didn't have his shooting boots on.

I reckon the reason Kingston isn't running about here there and everywhere is that he has been told not to as Csaba probably wants the team to keep it's shape more.

Kingston is easily one of the best players in the squad but maybe some of you guys probably prefer Mole because he does more running!

I thought Kingston had quite a good game yesterday but unfortunately didn't have his shooting boots on.

Do you think Csaba has told not to bother tracking back as well ?

Bang on. Csaba said as much after the game.

When he was given the ball he was trying to some extent.

When he did not have the ball his effort was minimal.

Numerous times during the game Jonnson was left with 2 players to mark and at one point ICT were very close to scoring.

At one point miko had to drop into left back as the entire back four shifted across just to cover Lazy Larry.

Archived