Neds With Mullets

Acey

What's up with that? You can barely move these days without bumping into a schemie ned with a mullet (bonus points for a blonde-highlighted mullet). Since when were mullets "pure barry" again?

:eek:

Mullets have never been 'Pure barry'.

However, I have met the odd ned who is fond of his long hair.

I was on holiday in Cyprus recently, and the amount of Russians with Mullets was unbelievable! Even young kids were wandering around looking like an eighties throwback - so I fear it may be a world wide thing!

Say What Again
What's up with that? You can barely move these days without bumping into a schemie ned with a mullet (bonus points for a blonde-highlighted mullet).

Oddly enough I was talking about this phenomenon with my mate after the game on Saturday.

5 lads aged about 14 came down the stairs and every one of them had this barnet (with the bonus points you mention).

For extra ned bonus points, every one of them was 'wide' to the driver as they walked past.

That's pure hard as likesay ken.

The People's Chimp

It's quite amusing that it's taken about 5 years for the fashion to trickle down to the neds. I remember in about 2002/03 when ironic mullets appeared on the scene.

It's quite amusing that it's taken about 5 years for the fashion to trickle down to the neds. I remember in about 2002/03 when ironic mullets appeared on the scene.

Bet you had one ;)

Haha, it'd be fecking brilliant if neds start adopting the emo trend in 2 or 3 years.

I was on holiday in Cyprus recently, and the amount of Russians with Mullets was unbelievable! Even young kids were wandering around looking like an eighties throwback - so I fear it may be a world wide thing!

I second that. my grandparents live in Paphos, the amount of russians and georgians out there with uber mullets is unbelieveable.

i also believe that that the common term for the flapping mullet hair at the back of the head is known as a " ***** flap " dunno why

The People's Chimp
Haha, it'd be fecking brilliant if neds start adopting the emo trend in 2 or 3 years.

Ha ha, so true. Could you imagine it. Brilliant. Think of all the emos playing for hibs in 2011....

Malcolm Tucker

I used to have a GHD straightened mullet back in the days of the 05/06 season.

Wouldn't call myself a ned. Also, I wore the mullet in a civilised way. None of this blonde-dye s***e.

heartgarfunkel

Was at the Ayr Gold Cup on Saturday - some shocking ned mullets on professional weedgies, not teenagers mind, usually accompanied by Calderwood tan and Frank McAvennie court suits (Charman Mao collars et al). Bad, bad fash.:eek:

The Mighty Thor
Was at the Ayr Gold Cup on Saturday - some shocking ned mullets on professional weedgies, not teenagers mind, usually accompanied by Calderwood tan and Frank McAvennie court suits (Charman Mao collars et al). Bad, bad fash.:eek:

You forgot to mention the liberal application of the Elizabeth Duke jewellery collection (sovvy's and thick 'real gold' rope neck chains and bracelets) to finish the 'look de jour' of our cousins in the west.

Classy.

Guilty as charged..

Also, I wore the mullet in a civilised way.

That's a complete contradiction in terms!

No civilised society should entertain the mullet ever.

Did Plato have one? No.

plato4.jpg

Did Cicero? No.

cicero%20capitolini.jpg

Did Hume? No.

david-hume.jpg

Did Pat Sharp? Yes.

pat_sharpe.jpg

I rest my case. :rolleyes:

Malcolm Tucker
What's changed? Still GHDed. Still long at the back. Slightly askew fringe is the only difference I can see. Ya ned.

The mullet needs no length at the sides. I have plenty of side-length.

Chicks dig the fringe, man.

The People's Chimp
The mullet needs no length at the sides. I have plenty of side-length.

Chicks dig the fringe, man.

Not speaking for you, but yeah they dig the fringe.

using ghds = wrong

Why? I have very curly hair so using straightners and a bit of wax makes it look far more presentable. They also dig your cute ringlets Rob :D!

Mullets are for hockey players, red necks and Hibs players.

GHDs are for girls, gay men and Fabio.

Please take note and fashion your life accordingly.

Why? I have very curly hair so using straightners and a bit of wax makes it look far more presentable. They also dig your cute ringlets Rob :D!

Curly hair? 0.5 all over. Straighteners? NO!

What's up with that? You can barely move these days without bumping into a schemie ned with a mullet (bonus points for a blonde-highlighted mullet). Since when were mullets "pure barry" again?

:eek:

or the odd craze of pink/purple/electric blue etc. Bufftys!

That's a complete contradiction in terms!

No civilised society should entertain the mullet ever.

Did Plato have one? No.

Did Cicero? No.

Did Hume? No.

Did Pat Sharp? Yes.

I rest my case. :rolleyes:

A case very well put and, I'm sure, one that would convince any jury of our peers.

But just in case, may I add another piece of evidence:

bono_mullet.jpg

Archived