Kevin Thomas

Broxburn Jambo

Broxburn Jambo

I have just returned from Tenerife where the local Bar was run by Kevin Thomas and Karen, They are a great couple and what is more Kevin is a great cook, I will post some pictures of him soon.

I have just returned from Tenerife where the local Bar was run by Kevin Thomas and Karen, They are a great couple and what is more Kevin is a great cook, I will post some pictures of him soon.

Cheers. Went to school with him. Was a sound lad.

Nucky Thompson
What part of Tenerife mate? I'm over there in February.

Broxburn Jambo
What part of Tenerife mate? I'm over there in February.

La Caleta on the outskirts of Las Americas, on the opposite side from Los Cristianos, the Bar is called Oscars. If you give me an idea where you are staying I can give you directions.

My mum and Dad were in the Altamira Hotel across the road last year and were in his bar, it's just up from Fanabe Beach in quite a quiet bit of Tenerife.

I use to work beside his missus Karen when she worked in the health center at the Carlton Highland Hotel on the bridges.

Strange considering she was a wee short "heavy" lass

Nucky Thompson
La Caleta on the outskirts of Las Americas, on the opposite side from Los Cristianos, the Bar is called Oscars. If you give me an idea where you are staying I can give you directions.
I'm in Las Americas near Scotch Corner and the old Aqua park close to Costa Adeje.

I'm in Las Americas near Scotch Corner and the old Aqua park close to Costa Adeje.

Will be staying near there with Mrs RB in three weeks time... :)

Broxburn Jambo

Cross the road to the San Eugenio Shopping Centre and get the 416 bus to La Caleta and the street you are looking for is El Beril walk down it and it is on the left hand side. I was staying at Altamira as well.:thumb:

Nucky Thompson
Cross the road to the San Eugenio Shopping Centre and get the 416 bus to La Caleta and the street you are looking for is El Beril walk down it and it is on the left hand side. I was staying at Altamira as well.:thumb:
Cheers bud:thumb:

Nucky Thompson
Will be staying near there with Mrs RB in three weeks time... :)
I was there last February as well, it was that good I booked up to go back the day after I got back. I found it really cheap, 1 euro a pint during the day and at night most places were doing 3 course meals for 6 euros:) I came back with ?500 and I wasn't scrimping.

I was there last February as well, it was that good I booked up to go back the day after I got back. I found it really cheap, 1 euro a pint during the day and at night most places were doing 3 course meals for 6 euros:) I came back with ?500 and I wasn't scrimping.

Looking forward to it, despite the fact will be there with my sister-in-law and her Hibby husband... :rolleyes:

I use to work beside his missus Karen when she worked in the health center at the Carlton Highland Hotel on the bridges.

Strange considering she was a wee short "heavy" lass

She worked at Edinburgh airport as i recall.

I know kevin and karen personally,Karen is like a sparrie wi`asthma,great bum tho!!

They bought a hotel up north first i believe,never knew they went to tenerife.

Karen was engaged to my mate for 5 years,but kevin stopped all that,not a bad lad for a hibby!!

Used to drink with them in Renwicks,(now the goschen lounge ) in Broxburn.

Give my regards,

Doctor FinnBarr

Drug taking Ersehole! Do not go near this clowns pub or you are justifying what that knob did!

Did anyone know I hate drugs?

:107years:

Nucky Thompson
Drug taking Ersehole! Do not go near this clowns pub or you are justifying what that knob did!

I hate shiiite drugs:)

The Old Tolbooth

Had the unfortunate experience of meeting him at Gala Fairydean once after the Dean played Hearts in a pre season friendly, he was in the bar after the match and was loud, obnoxious, big headed, and generally a tosser.

Paul Hegarty didn't half put him in his place though as he was youth team coach at the time.

Harsh.

He tried hard for Hearts.

I'm a little too young to remember him well but I do remember the game where he came back from injury (maybe against Raith?).

From what I've heard was it not a case of him being a good prospect and then having his career wrecked by injury?

Nucky Thompson
I'm a little too young to remember him well but I do remember the game where he came back from injury (maybe against Raith?).

From what I've heard was it not a case of him being a good prospect and then having his career wrecked by injury?

That's about right. He did have an attitude problem and was a Hobo growing up. It was rumoured he once turned up to training wearing a Hibs top under his jumper:cool:

Broxburn Jambo
She worked at Edinburgh airport as i recall.

I know kevin and karen personally,Karen is like a sparrie wi`asthma,great bum tho!!

They bought a hotel up north first i believe,never knew they went to tenerife.

Karen was engaged to my mate for 5 years,but kevin stopped all that,not a bad lad for a hibby!!

Used to drink with them in Renwicks,(now the goschen lounge ) in Broxburn.

Give my regards,

My Local

Broxburn Jambo
Does he still call himself "legend"? Don't know what he is like now, but he used to be full of himself.

He was a great guy, I was the one who recognised him, he never talked up himself or acted like a big time Charlie at any time. He did admit to being a hobo without any problem. Any Hearts supporter would have known anyway.

Archived