Under 19's v Falkirk

londonjambo

Cant see a thread on this - at least not on Page 1 where it belongs - so just to let you know that Hearts colts appear to be 2-0 up on the Bairns Bairns (geddit?) after 63 minutes.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Thanks for your time.

GC

Cant see a thread on this - at least not on Page 1 where it belongs - so just to let you know that Hearts colts appear to be 2-0 up on the Bairns Bairns (geddit?) after 63 minutes.

Just thought you'd like to know.

Thanks for your time.

GC

Update?

jamboinglasgow
Ridgers

C. Thomson, Balatoni, D. McGowan, Delans

Wagner, Mulroony, J Stewart, Woods

McKenzie, Cowan

thanks for that, i find it interesting that the U19s have a team which is changing very little this season unlike last year when there was many changes between games. That is a good thing and will build these players being in a solid team which they are used to all the players around them. Think we will see more victories this season and could have a good go for the league.

Am I right in think that the back four and goalie have not changed in the last 5 games, a back four of players who look great defensive prospects.

Mckenzie must be the fastest player on our books,...great to see/hear he is back to fitness!

Would love to see 99% of these guys come through.

eight of the starting eleven were with hearts as schoolboys & came thru youth initiative age groups which is a credit to academy staff; even w ithout glen husband rapnik brown & wallace who are eligible but in re serves or first team & inj ured visconte or danny t homson

eight of the starting eleven were with hearts as schoolboys & came thru youth initiative age groups which is a credit to academy staff; even w ithout glen husband rapnik brown & wallace who are eligible but in re serves or first team & inj ured visconte or danny t homson

Your spacebar got a cold? :)

jamboinglasgow

speaking of which, any news on danny T, i heard they feared that it might be the end of his career but hes having an operation to try and fix it, does any one have any more news on that? And when is rocky expected back?

speaking of which, any news on danny T, i heard they feared that it might be the end of his career but hes having an operation to try and fix it, does any one have any more news on that? And when is rocky expected back?

I've heard that he has had his op, but will definately be out for some time as he had damaged all of the ligaments in his knee, time will tell if he can come back from this but he is still young. It is interesting to note that the last 2 under 19 games the team and formation hasn't changed and it is the only wins they have had this year.

I was talking with Rocky a few weeks ago and he said he's hoping to be back around Xmas time.

thanks for that, i find it interesting that the U19s have a team which is changing very little this season unlike last year when there was many changes between games. That is a good thing and will build these players being in a solid team which they are used to all the players around them. Think we will see more victories this season and could have a good go for the league.

Am I right in think that the back four and goalie have not changed in the last 5 games, a back four of players who look great defensive prospects.

I think you may find this is as a result of Csaba's policy regarding the style of play required for all the teams, ie Reserves and Under 19's.

You can see a consistency in the players used for the first team and he wants the transition for any players moving up through the teams to be a seamless as possible.

What's the point in having three teams all managed differently and playing different brands of football, this is more or less what used to happen before Csaba.

I think he is the best thing to happen to the club since GB.

jamboinglasgow
I've heard that he has had his op, but will definately be out for some time as he had damaged all of the ligaments in his knee, time will tell if he can come back from this but he is still young. It is interesting to note that the last 2 under 19 games the team and formation hasn't changed and it is the only wins they have had this year.

I was talking with Rocky a few weeks ago and he said he's hoping to be back around Xmas time.

I do hope Danny plays again, he always looked good when playing and it is never good when a young promising player picks up an injury that ruins their career when there is so much promise in them. Even if he is out for 2 seasons, if can play again then it will be good.

As for Rocky, as thought he was a good left winger and if he can pick up his form from the past he can be a good player for us.

I think you may find this is as a result of Csaba's policy regarding the style of play required for all the teams, ie Reserves and Under 19's.

You can see a consistency in the players used for the first team and he wants the transition for any players moving up through the teams to be a seamless as possible.

What's the point in having three teams all managed differently and playing different brands of football, this is more or less what used to happen before Csaba.

I think he is the best thing to happen to the club since GB.

I have said it before and will say it again, we are the begining of what could a great period for HMFC, but like all times when a new manager comes in and could make agreat team but before we start the succesful period we have to mould the team to what is needed. But if you look at most teams who have had successful periods under a decent manager one of the interesting things that come up is the managers that build a successful team around promising youngsters and expernce. Matt Busby did it with the 50s Man Utd team. Tommy Walker did it with the 50s Hearts team, Bill Shankly did it with Liverpool, Alex MacDonald did that with the hearts team of the 80s who could of won the league, Alex Ferguson did it with the golden generation of the 90s for man utd. Jim Jefferies group pushed us to win the scottish cup and almost reach 2nd. Wenger has been quite succesful with his generation though it is not quite as succesful but still quite effective.

What I am trying to say is in Csaba I see a manager who is building up the team so that we have good youngsters with experenced players. I think the players we get in January will be either experecned players or youngsters who will go into the U19s or reserves. He has been building up the youth system changing things all over which need to be changed and as you say he is playing the same style from U19s to first team which will mean that they are used to style. Barca do the same thing and it is seen as a good academy. The consistant team selections will benefit people as well and it should work well.

As you say CL is the best thing to happen to the club since GB, I would argue in the long run he is the best thing to happen to the club since at JJ and probably even longer if given the time.

Ooh hark at him!

When did Vlad buy you that?

Nobody bought me one I borrowed it - we were away on holiday for the weekend & it was the only internet access I could get. :)

Toxteth O'Grady
Nobody bought me one I borrowed it - we were away on holiday for the weekend & it was the only internet access I could get. :)

:P Shame you missed the game.

I spoke to DM (briefly) at Tynie on Saturday and he was very pleased with the way the 19's had played

Archived