Fishy no wages story

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

No chance am I sitting reading through 4 pages of petty bitching and arguing. Have just logged on to Kickback after a night in front of the Ryder Cup and want to know if the no wages story has a thread of credibility or is it the usual Michael Knight posted in here by fantasists pretending to have the inside word.

Please help!!

No chance am I sitting reading through 4 pages of petty bitching and arguing. Have just logged on to Kickback after a night in front of the Ryder Cup and want to know if the no wages story has a thread of credibility or is it the usual Michael Knight posted in here by fantasists pretending to have the inside word.

Please help!!

if it is true then we will find out at 3pm tomorrow but i think its a hobo onthe wind up imo

Please help!!

Or Tom Kite?

Apparently it was reported on Talk 107 and will be in all the street rags tomorrow.

Some folk were saying that there has been some problems with their pay as well, at present and in the past.

One guy called another guy a hobo. The guy accused of being a hobo said 'i hope I'm wrong', 'can't name my source', the usual sh*t we're used to.

I'd say it was a pretty tame affair for what generally happens with these types of threads. I think they're hobos on the wind up, but there's a couple of the usual "im no suprised, that mad fud vlad" type of posts from Hearts fans.

Malcolm Tucker
I'd say it was a pretty tame affair for what generally happens with these types of threads. I think they're hobos on the wind up, but there's a couple of the usual "im no suprised, that mad fud vlad" type of posts from Hearts fans.

Flight of the Conchords is amazing. Fact.

Anyway, I think the rumour pish.

On the wages some of these guys are on- i'm sure they wont starve or have to worry about the baliffs arriving over the few days delay.

Some of them are reportedly on ?8000.00 :rolleyes: I'm sure someone can buy them a pint if they fancy a night out :P

Apparently David Southern 'hearts spokesman' has confirmed this on talk 107. I never listened to it so can't really say .

I've been receiving texts all night on the matter ..He's also apparently stated that it was just a technical hitch and the players would all be paid in full early next week.

I really hope there is nothing in this as this would not be a good sign :(

Since i never heard it with my own ears i sincerely hope its some wind up from the :hobofish: across the city

Quality journalism-they cant even spellcheck FFS which says it all :rolleyes:

'talk in the stands will be dominated by offfield problems'

Hopefully Hearts will again come out again and slate that gutter rag, they probably lifted their story from JKB/Talk 107.

Non-story IMHO-'mountain out of a molehill' spring to mind

Just as predicted, the DR just sees it as a chance for a dig and to throw a few speculative pieces of excrement in at the end for good measure.

Why any Hearts fan buys that rag I do not know.

Hopefully Hearts will again come out again and slate that gutter rag, they probably lifted their story from JKB/Talk 107.

I absolutely hands down REFUSE to read that rag, I wouldn't even wipe my backside with it.

That includes the "Edinburgh Edition" that is rammed in my face if ever I am on Princes Street in the afternoon.

Just as predicted, the DR just sees it as a chance for a dig and to throw a few speculative pieces of excrement in at the end for good measure.

Agreed

I am fairly positive that it would be more than a mountain/molehill incident if you went to the bank to find out you hadnt been paid due to technical difficulties. In a day and age where same day transfers can be made it should have been possible to resolve this from Tuesday onwards. What is interesting, however, is that they are waiting till Monday which is conventiently after a home game.

This is not the first time that this has happened either.

Apparently David Southern 'hearts spokesman' has confirmed this on talk 107. I never listened to it so can't really say .

I've been receiving texts all night on the matter ..He's also apparently stated that it was just a technical hitch and the players would all be paid in full early next week.

I really hope there is nothing in this as this would not be a good sign :(

Since i never heard it with my own ears i sincerely hope its some wind up from the :hobofish: across the city

Why not just transfer the money now? If I move money from my current account to my savings account it's there in seconds.

I am fairly positive that it would be more than a mountain/molehill incident if you went to the bank to find out you hadnt been paid due to technical difficulties. In a day and age where same day transfers can be made it should have been possible to resolve this from Tuesday onwards. What is interesting, however, is that they are waiting till Monday which is conventiently after a home game.

This is not the first time that this has happened either.

That's my worry too. If cash flow is that bad this will happen again.

A company doesn't just log onto internet banking and make instant transfers between their accounts :rolleyes:

Wages are made in batch payments so if there is a glitch or delay it is more hassle to cancel and arrange same day payments as suggested - so as the next working day is Monday it is hardly disgusting of Hearts if payment goes through then.

Honestly some people get wound up about anything. Complete non-story, just like the Arbroath and Dunfermlinegate whinging.

Seymour M Hersh

Almost looks like they've created a story from the pages of JKB. Surely not.:rolleyes:

That's my worry too. If cash flow is that bad this will happen again.

How much money do you think Hearts make in cash on a matchday via sales and cash gates?

Now, how much do you think we pay in wages per month?...

Is this true? Missed the other thread.

Anyway taking away people feelings about the Glasgow Beano, this ain't good. No matter how it is dressed up.

Business's failing to pay wages on time is never good and usually a sign of much bigger problems. Lets be honest, how would people on here feel if their employers failed to pay them on time? Livid and rightly so people could be put in difficult circumstances.

Hopefully, it is just a technical issue. Though that does not really make sense as that could be resolved very quickly.

The story is certainly worrying if true.

Just last week, I missed out on a payment from a customer due to a banking glitch. It went into my bank 2 days later.

Maybe that company is going tits up as well though, just like Hearts.

Come on eh.

A company doesn't just log onto internet banking and make instant transfers between their accounts :rolleyes:

Wages are made in batch payments so if there is a glitch or delay it is more hassle to cancel and arrange same day payments as suggested - so as the next working day is Monday it is hardly disgusting of Hearts if payment goes through then.

Honestly some people get wound up about anything. Complete non-story, just like the Arbroath and Dunfermlinegate whinging.

Only the next working day from the 16th isn't the 22nd, is it ?

Seymour M Hersh
Technical reasons ???

Could David Southern please be more vague the next time he's answering a question !!

What would you like to know? The computer code glitch that caused the problem (if there ever was a problem)?

What would you like to know? The computer code glitch that caused the problem (if there ever was a problem)?

What do you mean....If there ever was a problem ???

Hearts have confirmed there was/is a problem.

What else do you need is proof ?

A copy of Berra's Bank Statement ?

Almost looks like they've created a story from the pages of JKB. Surely not.:rolleyes:

Obviously David Southern would have to confirm a story that had been made up on JKB.

:sad:

Whether it's a technical glitch, a cash-flow shortage or something completely different, it's hardly ideal motivational preparation for the players before an important match.

I guess Csaba will be signing off his team talk with "Don't worry boys, the cheque's in the post".

Seymour M Hersh

I didn't hear the statement did you?

I didn't hear the statement did you?

I didn't.

But as a few folk have confirmed they actually heard David Southern on Talk 107 last night plus the DR quoting him as saying so - I would suggest this is enough proof that David Southern did indeed say the players weren't paid due to "technical reason".

Those blinkers are getting bigger SMH.

5731.jpg

Seymour M Hersh
I didn't.

But as a few folk have confirmed they actually heard David Southern on Talk 107 last night plus the DR quoting him as saying so - I would suggest this is enough proof that David Southern did indeed say the players weren't paid due to "technical reason".

5731.jpg

Dear oh dear. Just how bitter can you get?

I looked on there web-site and saw no sign of the statement. I'm not saying it didn't happen just I can see it. You didn't hear it either but without question believe other posters on here. I didn't hear it but prefer to see/hear something directly before making a judgement. Tell me who's blinkered?

I didn't.

5731.jpg

Do you enjoy these sorts of stories DH?

Incidently, I once was offered a job with RBS a few years ago, I signed the contract then got made a better offer from another company before I was due to start. I informed RBS straight away, but lo and behold, RBS still paid me for a months work that I never started. Lucky for them I was honest enough to inform them and send a cheque.

My point is that companies several thousand times the size of Hearts, regularly make mistakes such as this. This is nothing more than an administration error, pure and simple.

Try to hold off shooting your load all over your keyboard while your get into this thread.

Dear oh dear. Just how bitter can you get?

I looked on there web-site and saw no sign of the statement. I'm not saying it didn't happen just I can see it. You didn't hear it either but without question believe other posters on here. I didn't hear it but prefer to see/hear something directly before making a judgement. Tell me who's blinkered?

David Southern is quoted in the DR as saying the wages weren't paid due to "technical reasons".

I've read the DR this morning.

comical_ali.jpg

Do you enjoy these sorts of stories DH?

Incidently, I once was offered a job with RBS a few years ago, I signed the contract then got made a better offer from another company before I was due to start. I informed RBS straight away, but lo and behold, RBS still paid me for a months work that I never started. Lucky for them I was honest enough to inform them and send a cheque.

My point is that companies several thousand times the size of Hearts, regularly make mistakes such as this. This is nothing more than an administration error, pure and simple.

Do I enjoy these stories ?

I don't tbh.

How do you know it's nothing more than an administration error ?

David Southern is quoted in the DR as saying the wages weren't paid due to "technical reasons".

comical_ali.jpg

Well you tell us what you are going to do about it then? Honestly it has become moan, moan, moan, moan, moan with you, with not one hint of constructive criticism or suggestion of action that can be taken.

If Hearts make you so miserable, feel free to stop supporting them.:rolleyes:

Do I enjoy these stories ?

I don't tbh.

How do you know it's nothing more than an administration error?

How do you know it's anything more than an administration error? What exactly is your theory? Is it about the solvency of Ukio Bankas? Because:

http://www.ub.lt/ShowPage.aspx?MenuC=1568&ShowDoc=news.2008_08_27&PageLang=ENG&PageFontSize=&BackUrlName=All%20news&BackUrlHref=AllNewsHref

Their credit rating has recently been upgraded and....

http://www.ub.lt/ShowPage.aspx?MenuC=1568&ShowDoc=news.2008_09_10&PageLang=ENG&PageFontSize=&BackUrlName=All%20news&BackUrlHref=AllNewsHref

Net profits are up 39% on the same period from last year.

Well you tell us what you are going to do about it then? Honestly it has become moan, moan, moan, moan, moan with you, with not one hint of constructive criticism or suggestion of action that can be taken.

If Hearts make you so miserable, feel free to stop supporting them.:rolleyes:

The only moan I've had on this thread was regarding SMH being in a state of almost denial that the wages weren't paid because he had not seen or heard anything 'directly'.

Hearts don't make me miserable - not at all.

But thanks for the concern.

How do you know it's anything more than an administration error? What exactly is your theory? Is it about the solvency of Ukio Bankas? Because:

http://www.ub.lt/ShowPage.aspx?MenuC=1568&ShowDoc=news.2008_08_27&PageLang=ENG&PageFontSize=&BackUrlName=All%20news&BackUrlHref=AllNewsHref

Their credit rating has recently been upgraded and....

http://www.ub.lt/ShowPage.aspx?MenuC=1568&ShowDoc=news.2008_09_10&PageLang=ENG&PageFontSize=&BackUrlName=All%20news&BackUrlHref=AllNewsHref

Net profits are up 39% on the same period from last year.

I never said it wasn't an administration error.

You said it was and was merely asking how you knew this.

Haha! Can we not sue newspapers who print bull**** for emotional distress????

Not one sign of a comment of a furious hearts player. As usual a story is twisted and embellished to destroy any sort of good mood hearts and the fans muster

Exactly, I feel dirty from just being on their website.

The thing I find strange is that they have gone with the story as an exclusive, whereas there is no mention of it on Talk 107's website.

You think the fact that they broke the story would give them the right to claim exclusive but the haven't even mentioned it.

Haha! Can we not sue newspapers who print bull**** for emotional distress????

Not one sign of a comment of a furious hearts player. As usual a story is twisted and embellished to destroy any sort of good mood hearts and the fans muster

How is the story twisted ?

Were the players actually paid on time then ?

Have the DR fabricated a quote from David Southern ?

comical_ali.jpg

DR do you think the Daily Record investigated this story and contacted D.S.?

All i can see is a story lifted from here, including the same quote that David Southern allegedly(no-one has verified that yet) gave to Talk107.

Talk107 are not even running with this 'exclusive' on the airwaves or on the web.

I think he is talking about their claim that the players are "furious" and such comments. Even though there is not one quote from a player.

The undertones that are suggested in the story is twisted. The players weren't paid on time due to a error, not exactly the financial meltdown the report is angling at. They've took the quote and built the rest round it.

Im not surprised you cant see it as you seem to lap up all these types of stories like a spoon fed toddler.

I think he is talking about their claim that the players are "furious" and such comments. Even though there is not one quote from a player.

But if there were "quotes from players", the same people would be out in force saying the players should keep their traps shut, keep it in-house or rot in the stands.

It's win-win for the thread police.

This man gets it!

Archived