Rock n Roll Footballers...

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp

Who are, or were, the most rock n roll footballers out there?

Robin Friday, immortalised by the super furry animals, is an obvious contender; a talented genius, who, like so many, couldn't reign in his wild streak. Gazza was a similar wasted talent, but he had a more mainstream edge than the likes of Friday.

I suppose as well, who are the indie* footballers? Christian Dailly is apparently in a band. I always liked Dailly, especially after that "cheating bast**ds!" outburst back in the dark days under berti vogts. Of course he's gone and spoiled all of that by signing for der hun.

*a pretty nonsensical phrase nowadays.

Sawdust Caesar

It's a shame there is no tv footage of Robin Friday. I've read that book about him, he scored some great goals and was a fantastic player according to reports, would love to have seen him in action.

I reckon Frank Worthington was a bit of a rock'n'roll footballer. He certainly fancied himself as Elvis anyway.

Phil Stamp. Indoor BBQ's (allegedly) and pizza stuc to ceiling of a rented flat.

That's how he rolls.

The People's Chimp

yeah rock n roll behaviour, a lot of it, but i suppose i'm more interested in the hard to define "rock n roll cool." which footballer had that? if any?

yeah rock n roll behaviour, a lot of it, but i suppose i'm more interested in the hard to define "rock n roll cool." which footballer had that? if any?

Cantona?

No doubt a godo few in the 80's aswell.

Lee Sharpe? Maybe not Rock'n'Roll, but he was a highly promising youngster before becoming crap, getting fat, and shagging ****loads of Z-list celebrities.

Legend.

Archived