George Street Zebra Crossings

Gershwin

Well done to the council road dept. :rolleyes:

Removing the crossings before installing the new traffic signals. Bunch of plums. Getting across is like playing ****ing frogger.

It shouldn't affect taxi drivers though as they usually ignored the zebras anyway.

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Had some ar5e swearing at me last weekend after he walked out in front of my hearse

He called me something that rhymed with "shop front" and turned round to point at the place where the zebra crossing had been much to my amusement

I might go back up again tomorrow to do it again

Had some ar5e swearing at me last weekend after he walked out in front of my hearse

He called me something that rhymed with "shop front" and turned round to point at the place where the zebra crossing had been much to my amusement

I might go back up again tomorrow to do it again

I'll be waiting for you with a spear :P

Another ridiculous idea from the cooncil. Remove the zebra crossings that worked perfectly well and install traffic lights to slow things down even more. Another waste of money.

Honestly i hate these tubes.

Another ridiculous idea from the cooncil. Remove the zebra crossings that worked perfectly well and install traffic lights to slow things down even more. Another waste of money.

Honestly i hate these tubes.

To be 'fair' I think it has all changed to help George Street cope with the traffic when Princes' St closes in january.

To be 'fair' I think it has all changed to help George Street cope with the traffic when Princes' St closes in january.

Yes, it is another symptom of the tram disease.

While we are on signals ... why is the Council replacing 'flashing amber' traffic lights with non-flashing amber traffic lights? Yet another attempt to create congestion?

Yes, it is another symptom of the tram disease.

While we are on signals ... why is the Council replacing 'flashing amber' traffic lights with non-flashing amber traffic lights? Yet another attempt to create congestion?

Budget dumping?

Brian Whittaker's Tache
Budget dumping?

Yup same reason they've spent the last 4 weeks replacing the perfectly good pavements in the streets near my house, while the roads like something out of Basra

Budget dumping?

I think that some Council bureaucrat will have a 'target' of cutting pedestrian road accidents by some % and a committee of such bureaucrats will have decided that there is a possible risk to pedestrians if they are still crossing roads on the flashing amber.

Of course in the real world, the crossings are often cleared well before the lights eventually change - and so there is a nice side benefit of another increase in congestion.

As for the standards of the roads - driving along Gorgie Road at the moment is like driving in a ploughed field.

I hadn't realised that mate... But that could lead to a much much larger rant on the trams that i'm not even gonna get started on!

I don't know if anyone can confirm, but a few years back, did they not have the bright idea of changing the zebra crossings to traffic lights, to help ease traffic. This made the traffic even slower and about half a year later they changed them back to zebra crossings. What a waste of money.

I don't know if anyone can confirm, but a few years back, did they not have the bright idea of changing the zebra crossings to traffic lights, to help ease traffic. This made the traffic even slower and about half a year later they changed them back to zebra crossings. What a waste of money.

Indeed they did. Complete *******.

I hadn't realised that mate... But that could lead to a much much larger rant on the trams that i'm not even gonna get started on!

I have to travel down Leef walk each day to work. It's the biggest joke of them all. The funny thing is, I rarely ever see any work actually getting done.

I can see the trams taking a beating when they arrive. When do they arrive anyway?

Archived