Van the Man Randan Ban!

Craig_

Just reading that Van Morrison's touring soon, however he's only playing on the condition that no alcohol is sold at the gigs! Apparently it distracts him when he's on stage, and it's nothing to do with his well-documented booze problems...

I've always been a fan of his music, but what a tosser!

Went to see Van in the Playhouse about 15 years ago, great concert but he was a complete T*ss*r, treated his audience with complete contempt, he also turned up late for the gig, played about an hour and then had to rush back to Edinburgh Airport to catch a flight back to Belfast

"Van the Man Randan Ban"

:rofl:

Are you a copy editor for The Sun?

Have to admit I only wrote the thread for the headline! Not too bad though, think I might give Rupert a bell...

ArmiyaRomanova
"Van the Man Randan Ban"

:rofl:

Are you a copy editor for The Sun?

Pah, amateur :whistling:

If he were a copy editor for The Sun it'd be along the lines of....

Can Van The Man Plan Randan Ban For Fans?

Or for the North-East edition.....

Can Van The Man Plan Shan Randan Ban For Fans?

That all-important false outrage factor was missing!

Billy the Jambo

I think he is quite right asking for alcohol to be banned at his concerts .In fact it should be banned from all concerts .I have been to a few concerts and there is nothing worse than some ****ed up idiot throwing lager all over you when the band play one of their hits or the same idiots pushing past you to go to the toilet .If they cant go a couple of hours without alcohol then they have big problems

I think he is quite right asking for alcohol to be banned at his concerts .In fact it should be banned from all concerts .I have been to a few concerts and there is nothing worse than some ****ed up idiot throwing lager all over you when the band play one of their hits or the same idiots pushing past you to go to the toilet .If they cant go a couple of hours without alcohol then they have big problems

have a friggin word.

Went to see Van in the Playhouse about 15 years ago, great concert but he was a complete T*ss*r, treated his audience with complete contempt, he also turned up late for the gig, played about an hour and then had to rush back to Edinburgh Airport to catch a flight back to Belfast

Trivial point. Ivan lives in Bath. Was there for a weekend once and saw him walking towards us on the other side of the road. My mate quickly crossed over and said to him as he passed, "I thought you'd be on the bright side of the road?" to be met, unsurpisingly with a scowl and no words.

I used to work with a bloke who did some keyboards for him at live events - said he wasn't quite the curmudgeon that he portrays but that wouldn't convince me to rush out to buy a ticket. Too risky as he's too moody.

...it's not lager.

Same colour, but not lager.

Great thread title.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Trivial point. Ivan lives in Bath. Was there for a weekend once and saw him walking towards us on the other side of the road. My mate quickly crossed over and said to him as he passed, "I thought you'd be on the bright side of the road?" to be met, unsurpisingly with a scowl and no words.

I used to work with a bloke who did some keyboards for him at live events - said he wasn't quite the curmudgeon that he portrays but that wouldn't convince me to rush out to buy a ticket. Too risky as he's too moody.

...it's not lager.

Same colour, but not lager.

Great thread title.

Yup.

To warm to be lager unfortunately. :sad:

I saw him at the Playhouse in the mid '80s during what might be called his late flowering. Came on stage, said nothing all night, played and sang brilliantly and buggered off again. Just what you want from him.

When I next saw him - in Brighton, maybe around 1997 - he was going through his '60s jazz club and pork-pie hat revival, mumbling dreadful renditions of material familiar and not so familiar and - horror of horrors - trying through gritted teeth to exchange witty banter with both band members and audience. A dreadful spectacle.

Alcohol at gigs? I don't mind if it's loud music and fairly lively. But I've had more than one singer/songwriter gig ruined by people with no manners barging in and out of the place in the middle of songs because they want a drink or can't keep their bladders tight.

Archived