5 aside leagues

Jimbinho

Me and a few mates aged around 18-20 are looking for somewhere to play 5 asides regularly, was just wondering if anyone knew where there are leagues/tournaments. I know of the Powerleague at Portobello but not sure about the details, can anyone help. Cheers in advance!!!

Westsiiiiiide ...yove got the 'Pitz' at Sighthill and 'World of Soccer' at Corn Exchange.

Phone them for details.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Westsiiiiiide ...yove got the 'Pitz' at Sighthill and 'World of Soccer' at Corn Exchange.

Phone them for details.

The indoor pitches at the Hearts academy are good.

Used to play their every Thursday.

The indoor pitches at the Hearts academy are good.

Used to play there every Thursday.

think the bloke was looking for leagues to join

I didnt know there was pitches available for punters at the Hearts academy , good shout.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
think the bloke was looking for leagues to join

I didnt know there was pitches available for punters at the Hearts academy , good shout.

Ah, so he was :o

There are no leagues at the Hearts academy, but you can block book out a pitch for 12 weeks at a time. They put a curtain down the centre of the indoor pitch to create two pitches.

If you and your mates are students and therefore don't have fulltime jobs, the World of Football at the Corn Exchange runs brilliant leagues on Wed and Fri afternoons. Not only are the pitches a million times better than the Pitz but you also don't have to worry about facing a bunch of Neddy Bampots out to beat you up and break your legs.

If you and your mates are students and therefore don't have fulltime jobs, the World of Football at the Corn Exchange runs brilliant leagues on Wed and Fri afternoons. Not only are the pitches a million times better than the Pitz but you also don't have to worry about facing a bunch of Neddy Bampots out to beat you up and break your legs.

Sighthill Pitz have just been relaid.....with the same grassy ish/rubberry astroturf stuff as the world of soccer has.

Sighthill Pitz have just been relaid.....with the same grassy ish/rubberry astroturf stuff as the world of soccer has.

Really?! I was up not that long ago and it was still the usual stuff. Fair play to them. Would still def recommend WoF leagues over the Pitz leagues though.

Really?! I was up not that long ago and it was still the usual stuff. Fair play to them. Would still def recommend WoF leagues over the Pitz leagues though.

Aye, just in the last couple of weeks, I agree WoF league will probably not be as 'rough' as Pitz leagues, esp the Porty one!

Pitz leagues are quite funny. Teams range from the very good, to the totally ****e, to the invisible (Powerleague aren't great at telling you when the other team can't get a side together.)

Quite a few knobs try and kick the **** out of you too but it can be a great laugh.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

The have only relaid four of the ten pitches at Sighthill.

Apparantly they won't be doing the rest for quite a while.

We used to play in a league at Gracemount on a thursday night. We were the only students in the league though and most of the other teams just tried to kick us! Was still quite a good laugh though.

Archived