csaba's team selections

talloaks

I would be interested to know what the contributors think are the reasons for Csaba not selecting ruben and miko to start when we have alternatives for their positions.

He obviously thinks the other players are better in his opinion.

Or Vlad is picking the team:rolleyes:

Eh? You've answered yourself in your question.

Miko started on Saturday and FWIW I think he is a better player off the bench anyway.

According to Donkey, Csaba sees Ruben as competition with Stewart, NOT DM, which explains why he hasnt been playing, what with MS's form.

Eh?

Miko started on Saturday and FWIW I think he is a better player off the bench anyway.

According to Donkey, Csaba sees Ruben as competition with Stewart, NOT DM, which explains why he hasnt been playing, what with MS's form.

Csaba himself confirmed this at the Q&A he had with the fans 2 weeks ago.

Miko proved again on Saturday that his best position at the start of a match for Hearts is NOT on the pitch

He may have uses as a sub though

Csaba himself confirmed this at the Q&A he had with the fans 2 weeks ago.

Must be what MD was referring to. :)

Miko proved again on Saturday that his best position at the start of a match for Hearts is NOT on the pitch

I think he has proved himself a very competant impact player.

I think it must be that his hand is being forced with his strange selections. It has to be that Vlad is still heavily influencing the team selection.

There is absolutely no excuse for playing players out of position when we are well covered; and i'm referring to Kari's continual presence in DM, he has shown ability there for sure... but only because he has played there for the past month. He is not a natural DM player and his distribution is terrible.

Similarly Kingston being played just off the striker is a waste as he has looked even less eager than when he's out on the right wing kissing his badge and collecting his applause.

Csaba is turning into the 'tinkerman' but he is toying with positions where we have good options and not the ones that we are weak in (Striker, Left Back for example).

If he is to look like a coach who knows what he is talking about then he'll play the best team in the correct positions (Kari at CB/RB and Jonsson/Ruben in CM for example); he'll also play a 4-4-2 especially at home and shake things up by putting in young Glen who has all the pace and poaching ability to partner Nade 'the bulldozer'.

And he'll certainly look to bench Wallace and Kingston who have shown us nothing to merit their inclusion in the team so far this season.

I don't doubt Csaba's enthusiasm but I think his decision making is not quite there...

... or maybe he's just a better puppet than the rest?

what I should have said was do you agree with Csaba in not selecting................

Do you agree with Csaba in not selecting the alternatives?

I think it must be that his hand is being forced with his strange selections. It has to be that Vlad is still heavily influencing the team selection.

There is absolutely no excuse for playing players out of position when we are well covered; and i'm referring to Kari's continual presence in DM, he has shown ability there for sure... but only because he has played there for the past month. He is not a natural DM player and his distribution is terrible.

Similarly Kingston being played just off the striker is a waste as he has looked even less eager than when he's out on the right wing kissing his badge and collecting his applause.

Csaba is turning into the 'tinkerman' but he is toying with positions where we have good options and not the ones that we are weak in (Striker, Left Back for example).

If he is to look like a coach who knows what he is talking about then he'll play the best team in the correct positions (Kari at CB/RB and Jonsson/Ruben in CM for example); he'll also play a 4-4-2 especially at home and shake things up by putting in young Glen who has all the pace and poaching ability to partner Nade 'the bulldozer'.

And he'll certainly look to bench Wallace and Kingston who have shown us nothing to merit their inclusion in the team so far this season.

I don't doubt Csaba's enthusiasm but I think his decision making is not quite there...

Balls.

I dont think you can question too many of the selections thus far.

His selection of Karipidis in MF has on the whole been working, and is possibly a major factor in Stewarts form. Jonsson also, has proved to be a very able RB in the making.

I'd agree with Wallace and Kingston though. Need dropped, but I dont think many managers would drop LK, as one moment of the magic we know he has can change a game, and atm there isnt anyone to take his place effectively.

Balls.

His selection of Karipidis in MF has on the whole been working, and is possibly a major factor in Stewarts form. Jonsson also, has proved to be a very able RB in the making.

I'd agree with Wallace and Kingston though. Need dropped, but I dont think many managers would drop LK, as one moment of the magic we know he has can change a game, and atm there isnt anyone to take his place effectively.

Well said, there are too many people looking for something suspicious where it isn't

I'm not naive enough to say Vlad still isn't involved in the discussions but there is nothing I've seen to make me think Vlad has a major influence on the team selection

Edit - Also if it was as bad as some people are making out I don't believe we would be seeing the positive stories in the papers like with Stewart talking today in the EEN

Funny how some people think the coach has got it wrong, when many others like most of what he is doing. Just as well these people don't own the club..although I am sure they would the keep their opinions to themselves if they did. Can we maybe wait and see what happens when everyone is fit and not assume that every player that certain posters don't like must be being imposed from Vlad. eg a lot of us think Eggert is actually more useful to the team right now as a right back.

I think that was Csaba's fault. He played him out of position on the left to play Mrowiec on the right, but yet when Miko went off, he shoved Mrowiec to the left.

Miko is a right winger but we played him out of position to accomodate someone who looked average.

If you look at Miko's only other start this season, against Airdrie, in his proper position, he was our best player by a mile. Not that he had a lot of competition that night mind you.

I would be interested to know what the contributors think are the reasons for Csaba not selecting ruben and miko to start when we have alternatives for their positions.

You're very quiet for someone so interested in this subject.

Not participating? Wonder why that could be....

I think that was Csaba's fault. He played him out of position on the left to play Mrowiec on the right, but yet when Miko went off, he shoved Mrowiec to the left.

Miko is a right winger but we played him out of position to accomodate someone who looked average.

If you look at Miko's only other start this season, against Airdrie, in his proper position, he was our best player by a mile. Not that he had a lot of competition that night mind you.

With all due respect that is utter crap :)

Miko's regular spot in the Lithuanian NT is guess where You got it, on the left wing, that is the position from which he scored against Romania and tore Hutton a new @rsehole when theyplayed a Hampden but that was overshadowed by the dive.

Miko's better performances last season came when Driver had a spell injured and he had to play left wing. Miko had a bad game on Saturday fair enough but we can't blame it on playing out of position when it is a position he is perfectly accustomed to.

Guest jambomickey

what i like about csaba is his consistency of team selection! the last couple of years before that it was a joke the amount of changes we were making from week to week

Balls.

Completely agree. Do we watch a different game than most others every week? Csaba has stated his reasons for Jonsson at RB. Kari looks alright in midfield and MS is vying with RP for the other midfield position.

Miko is still an enigma and to have him AND Larry on the pitch at the same time doesnt really work.

I would like to see Ruben play as Karapidis has been good until Saturday. But ...........

what i like about csaba is his consistency of team selection!
...... exactly!! The constant rotation (well it wasn't rotation more chop and change whoever, whenever) was killing the team. I think he really takes his football seriously and he is right with Jonsson. I still think Ruben could do a job as his passing is so much better than Karapidis. There must be teams where we don't need a defensive midfielder - surely almost all but the old firm?;) Pity he can't train Karapidis to be a left back - now we have a right back ;)

Csaba also said Karapidis was the best for the holding midfielder role and clearly gave his reasons why at thwe same Q&A night.

Balls.

totally agree, he has got it nearly spot on so far. kari has been good in mid and that is allowing stewart the ability to go and assert himself on the game. eggert seems to be dveloping as right back quite well, and mole looks like he has a part to play but we havnt had anyone with the killer instinct to work along side him.

kingston is a tricky one, he hasnt done much so far but he has been shunted all over the park to be fair. he has undoubted ability but any time ive seen him do well is when he is the middle of the park but at the moment wouldnt risk puttn him wae stewart

Guest jambomickey
Completely agree. Do we watch a different game than most others every week? Csaba has stated his reasons for Jonsson at RB. Kari looks alright in midfield and MS is vying with RP for the other midfield position.

Miko is still an enigma and to have him AND Larry on the pitch at the same time doesnt really work.

you must be watching a different game from me if you think karapidis looks alright in midfield

I think if you look at Stewarts performances (which Karipidis in this position allows) then he is doing exactly what he needs to.

Not ideal, but its hardly been a failure.

you must be watching a different game from me if you think karapidis looks alright in midfield

hes certainly no world beater but he's allowing mikey to roam forward. Since jonsson is now right back theres not a lot of options.

REDM clearly believes that I am journalist fishing for opinions but I can assure him that I am not. The reason for posting the thread was to gauge the current strength of opinion on ruben and miko.My view is that ruben cannot play as a defensive midfieder because he does not track midfield runners plus he cannot tackle. As far as replacing stewart is concerned he takes far too many touches thereby slowing the play and thereafter he inevitivably passes sideways. As far as miko is concerned I think this is his fifth season and there is no indication of improvement in his overall game. My view is that he does not have any football intelligence; he passes when he should shoot and shoots when he should pass. When the coach works every day on where you should be on the field at given times ie in pressing the fullback and supporting your own fullback you can understand he gets annoyed very quickly if his instructions are totally ignored during a game.

The People's Chimp
REDM clearly believes that I am journalist fishing for opinions but I can assure him that I am not. The reason for posting the thread was to gauge the current strength of opinion on ruben and miko.My view is that ruben cannot play as a defensive midfieder because he does not track midfield runners plus he cannot tackle. As far as replacing stewart is concerned he takes far too many touches thereby slowing the play and thereafter he inevitivably passes sideways.

I agree totally about ruben.

There has been far better consistency of selection this season - one big reason to believe that Vlad has absolutely nothing to do with team selection.

Archived