Csaba Laszlo Saved my Career says Mikey

redm

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football-news/scottish-football/spl-football/hearts-fc/2008/09/17/csaba-laszlo-has-saved-my-career-says-hearts-star-michael-stewart-86908-20740229/

Csaba Laszlo has saved my career, says Hearts star Michael Stewart

Sep 17 2008 By Gary Ralston

MICHAEL STEWART has thanked Csaba Laszlo for giving him back his hunger for football just as the Hearts star prepares to hit his peak years of his career.

The Scotland midfielder admitted he was in danger of going through the motions because the structure for success at Tynecastle in recent years has been non-existent.

But now he has rediscovered the appetite for self-improvement after finding a boss he can trust and who never stops talking about football.

Stewart's impressive start to the season has seen him score three goals and win a recall to the Scotland squad.

He said: "Csaba's a football man and you can speak to him about football all day. Some players aren't interested in that but I am.

"It's great to find someone like him because you can pick his brains and bounce ideas off him. It's refreshing that someone has belief enough in their own abilities to take on board the point of view of others, even if he doesn't agree with them.

"He is passionate and that can be infectious and spread throughout the team. When things are going s*** and you get involved in nonsense then your love of the game can soon dwindle, but he has excited us again.

"Personally, I've always come back for every new season feeling good but unfortunately when you're faced with the same old rigmarole your enthusiasm can soon dwindle. If things aren't done properly around the place you become disappointed because football is no different to any other industry - if your employees aren't looking forward to being part of their workplace you won't get the best from them.

"But someone like Csaba is making it enjoyable again and that's a massive difference."

Stewart seems to have been around the scene forever after bursting into the Manchester United team as a teenager.

He's had two spells at Hearts, with a spell at city rivals Hibs sandwiched in between, but he reckons it's only now he is getting used to the demands of the job.

Stewart said: "This is only my fourth full season in football, which is slightly artificial as I'm 27. Most players break into the first team at 19 and reach the stage I'm at now when they're 23, which is growing into my role in the team and accepting additional responsibility.

"But it helps the rest of the team also understand their roles in the new setup.

That benefits me, just as I hope the way I'm playing benefits them in turn.

"It's about everyone working together as a unit on behalf of the team.

"The game is becoming easier and that's because the manager is making the players better through his coaching, which is a massive compliment to him.

"I feel a lot more comfortable in what I'm doing and that's perhaps been reflected in my call-ups recently for Scotland.

"But I've been brought into the squad as a result of late call-offs and the next hurdle for me is to win a place in the squad from the off. The only way I'm going to do that is by maintaining my performances for Hearts."

Stewart was speaking at Tynecastle yesterday as he joined forced with Edinburgh rugby star Andrew Kelly to launch a new marketing partnership between the clubs.

Hearts and the Gunners hope to work together to promote sporting weekends in the capital, with Magner's League games played on a Friday evening at Murrayfield and Clydesdale Bank SPL fixtures at Tynecastle on Saturday afternoons.

Stewart said: "I played rugby at school and really enjoying going to watch Edinburgh's games at Murrayfield."

Hooker Kelly added: "I've always supported Hearts and so do a few of my Edinburgh team-mates.

"Edinburgh has a big rugby community and a big football community and you often get fans who cross over. It makes sense for the clubs to look at working together."

Having heard what Csaba thinks of Mikey, it seems there's a bit of a mutual appreciation thing going on here. No bad thing....

"If things aren't done properly around the place you become disappointed because football is no different to any other industry - if your employees aren't looking forward to being part of their workplace you won't get the best from them."

The man is clearly intelligent.

This replicates what I have said numerous times when the full squad of wage thiefs were getting slated on here. :rolleyes:

Michael Stewart is an asset to Hearts.

He should be captain IMO.

"If things aren't done properly around the place you become disappointed because football is no different to any other industry - if your employees aren't looking forward to being part of their workplace you won't get the best from them."

This replicates what I have said numerous times when the full squad of wage thiefs were getting slated on here. :rolleyes:

Good job things are being done properly now then, isn't it? :P

(And FWIW, no offence to Christophe but I agree on the captaincy thing.)

Stewart is like a new player for us. The lad has everything - he can score goals, pace, determination. Something that we have lacked at the club last season.

Indeed. Can't help wishing Pinilla had been kept a few more moneths for Csaba to work his magic on him...

I have to say that I wanted rid of him at the end of last season. But he's been a different player this year. He's the real driving force to the team and should be the captain. Just needs to cut the petulence out his game.

marshallschunkychicken

Plays pretty much the captain role on the pitch from what I've seen this season.

Always encouraging everyone else, first to the scorer when we score.

Plays pretty much the captain role on the pitch from what I've seen this season.

Always encouraging everyone else, first to the scorer when we score.

Exactly.

Christophe may have the armband but there's only one captain out there on the pitch.

sometimes it is better to let a player like Mikie Stewart get on with the game instead of worrying about being skipper...

seen plenty of players in the past have a dip in form when given the armband.

The People's Chimp

I've said the same thing on many occasions; he's intelligent and talented, but also he has the passion and the will to win which I think, currently, berra is lacking.

That is no disservice to Berra, who I believe is an asset to the club, but who I think, unfortunately, through circumstance, was thrown into a position he wasn't ready to hold. The difficulty now is in changing things so as not to affect Berra's continuing development, and confidence. It is difficult, but it may also be necessary. You saw it against Airdrie; berra does not have the ability to pick the game up by the scruff of the neck and go for it. That was Pressley's great ability, and we need that again in our captain; in our tradition of great captains.

Indeed. Can't help wishing Pinilla had been kept a few more moneths for Csaba to work his magic on him...

I totally agree with you on this but it is after all Vlads way.

That boy had more talent is his pinky than most of the other players in the squad have in their whole bodies.

A real shame that he appeared to be a complete basket case without a proper manager being able to work his magic on him

Stewart's undoubtedly made a fantastic start to the season, I just hope that he can carry it on this time. He was good at the start of last season too, remember.

Never sure how to take comments like this. It's good that he's got his focus back, but it'd be good if he didn't need a strong manager to do well.

He said: "Csaba's a football man and you can speak to him about football all day. Some players aren't interested in that but I am.

The player's in question need catapulted out of Tynie

Funny,i thought he said Tony Mowbray saved his career. The guy will say whatever he thinks the fans and manager want to hear. Having said that he is a decent player and hope he gets even better,but spare me the drivel Mikey and dont let the head get tooooooooooooooooo big,you aint out the woods yet.

Funny,i thought he said Tony Mowbray saved his career. The guy will say whatever he thinks the fans and manager want to hear. Having said that he is a decent player and hope he gets even better,but spare me the drivel Mikey and dont let the head get tooooooooooooooooo big,you aint out the woods yet.

Not once does he mention Csaba saved his career.

Because that was the sensationalist headline in the paper. Did you read the article?

No,i cannot read, unfortunately i just look at the pics.

So you've finally come out then?

Must have missed that when I was avoiding your posts. :rolleyes:

So you've finally come out then?

Must have missed that when I was avoiding your posts. :rolleyes:

You should be going out,and getting a job,this cyber life is eating away at you.

You should be going out,and getting a job,this cyber life is eating away at you.

I think you're confusing me with one of your own giro thief compadres.

Not everyone's unemployed, kenny. You need to widen your social circle. :)

I think you're confusing me with one of your own giro thief compadres.

Not everyone's unemployed, kenny. You need to widen your social circle. :)

With the amount of posts you have since jan 2006 this appears to be the extent of your social life.

With the amount of posts you have since jan 2006 this appears to be the extent of your social life.

Indeed it is. Before that I was a right old party animal though. ;)

Archived