Gallagher vs Jones

Griclesfield

Liam Gallagher or Kelly Jones

Oasis v Stereophonics

who has the better voice ...

as much as i like oasis im going out on a limb here and sating Mr Jones is far superior voice

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Oasis v Stereophonics

as much as i like oasis im going out on a limb here and sating Mr Jones is far superior voice

Liam Gallagher had a better voice, now I'd probably say Kelly Jones. His voice seems to have stayed at the same level over the years, whilst Liams has been in decline since around 2000.

Noel Gallagher has a better voice than Liam nowadays.

Kelly Jones. Liam Gallacher has became a parody of himself with the extending of every single word.

I also agree Noel is now a better singer.

Oasis v Stereophonics

No limb.

Kelly Jones can sing, Liam can't.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Liam Gallagher has never been able to sing, but it didn't stop Oasis being a great band in the past.

Mick Jagger could never sing either and it didn't hinder them at all.

Kelly Jones certainly can sing but it hasn't stopped Stereophonics being a horrific, insipid excuse for a 'rock' band.

Funny how these things work out eh?

In the early days of Oasis (94/95) I would definitely have called him a singer, before the days of him shouting and trying to extend every word.

Kelly Jones sounds pretty good live aswell, but I'm still not a massive fan of the Stereophonics. Enjoyed them at TITP though.

I always preferred Noel's voice anyway. I think if Liam could sing at all, it could only have been for a couple of years, because I can't recall hearing a strong live performance from him.

To underline the point of post, it doesn't matter to me. The quality of the music carried Liam in the glory days of the band anyway.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=xS2k3YIZvhI

I'll throw another one into the equation. James Dean Bradfield of the Manics.

I'll throw another one into the equation. James Dean Bradfield of the Manics.
you'll get in trouble for that on this board mate! Fwiw, Neither liam or kelly are great singers in my book, both have great voices tho. It has to be said tho Jdb is a far better singer than either of them. Whether he has a better voice is a matter of opinion

Liam Gallagher has never been able to sing, but it didn't stop Oasis being a great band in the past.

Kelly Jones certainly can sing but it hasn't stopped Stereophonics being a horrific, insipid excuse for a 'rock' band.

Lets not forget Ian Brown as he has to be one of the worst live singers ever to grace music in this country. However, for some strange reason his voice complimented the music that was being blasted out around him.

you'll get in trouble for that on this board mate! Fwiw, Neither liam or kelly are great singers in my book, both have great voices tho. It has to be said tho Jdb is a far better singer than either of them. Whether he has a better voice is a matter of opinion

Regarding the trouble you mention, to quote the Manics...."If I can shoot rabbits......" ;)

I was a big phonics fan. First 2 albums are great! But I'm not gonna compare them to Oasis. Because you can't!

Kelly Jones, however, has the sexiest voice I've ever heard! When he does Sinead O'Connors Nothing Compares 2 u, I just melt! Amazing!! :P

First to phonics albums were good, then they sacked the drummer and turned into a crap pop act.

Liam Gallagher is better in my opinion !

Ill go for Jones singing wise. I like both Stereophonics and Oasis but have to admit Stereophonics went downhill after the first two albums. Although Dakota is quite a good track their last few albums havent been up to much. The phonics are a good band live though. As for Oasis I cant wait for their new album to come out, the first single off it is a belter.

i always though noel a better singer than liam, but there is a quality in liams voice that you don't hear very often.

its not any kind of secret that i don't like oasis much but there are some songs that i really love, mostly noel vocals, but live forever, champagne supernova & stop crying your eyes out are just 3 songs that i have to admit, loving

liam v kelly jones is a no brainer for me as i think jones is a far better singer, and doesn't make me want to throw myself out the window, rather than watch him.

thats a personal thing though cos liam gallacher really rips my knitting.

a lot of people despise oasis (like myself) because of the personalities in the band, and can't see beyond that, but in pop music & a lot of rock, its not about technique or hitting the right notes, but the over all performance and emotion in the song.

a death metal drummer i was at college once kinda summed it up by saying he thought that whitney houtson had [technically] one of the best voices in the world today (before her crack habit obviously) but always sang sh*t songs

Personally think Liam's got the best voice of a generation that nowadays isn't what it was. I cringe when I hear Noel sing.

Don't rate Kelly Jones that much.

i always though noel a better singer than liam, but there is a quality in liams voice that you don't hear very often.

its not any kind of secret that i don't like oasis much but there are some songs that i really love, mostly noel vocals, but live forever, champagne supernova & stop crying your eyes out are just 3 songs that i have to admit, loving

liam v kelly jones is a no brainer for me as i think jones is a far better singer, and doesn't make me want to throw myself out the window, rather than watch him.

thats a personal thing though cos liam gallacher really rips my knitting.

a lot of people despise oasis (like myself) because of the personalities in the band, and can't see beyond that, but in pop music & a lot of rock, its not about technique or hitting the right notes, but the over all performance and emotion in the song.

a death metal drummer i was at college once kinda summed it up by saying he thought that whitney houtson had [technically] one of the best voices in the world today (before her crack habit obviously) but always sang sh*t songs

agree with you to an extent bev,

but oasis songs beat the steroes hands down!!!

absolute classics that few will ever recreat imho.

Commander Harris

If your just talking voices then Jones is far superior to Gallagher.

but technical ability isn't everything. I wish it was because I'm better than both of them :P

Their version of Handbags & Gladrags is however fantastic IMO.

Archived