Do you wear Green?

i8hibsh

Does anyone own any clothes that are green?

I have a pair of Dunlop Greenflash but that is my limit (coz they are so cool, and I am cool)

I would not even wear a top that had a green spot on it, let alone all green.

I know this guy that the only thing green he uses in his life is his toilet roll. His bathroom is cream but insists on only using Green bog roll.

I object to drinking Carling and Carlsberg as they have sponsored the Green rheptiles of Scotland.

Are you as petty as me?

the only clothes that i have that have green in it is my lacoste t-shorts and thats only because of the croc badge. i refuse to buy green.

Carling is disgusting and should be avoided as it is a chemical hazard.

carlsberg is my favourite lager (also proud sponsor of Liverpool FC, my southern team.. and before anyone shouts insults, at least they've given me reason to cheer these days!! although admittedly not as loudly as I cheer for the hearts.)

Couldn't give a toss about carlsberg having sponsored hubz. the taste isn't soured by the fact.

I don't wear anything of a particular shade of green.. ie the blurgh blurghf glurghghghg ... sorry can't even describe that colour.. you know the type.

My uncle would never wear green (years ago..) but then joined the army so he was a bit ****ed for that! Every year green socks for xmas.. My auntie B supported the weegie green filth as a kid just to pee him off... She has since seen the light and is one of the biggest jambos i know.. also well known around merchie hearts (my grannie is a proud founding member of said club)..

Regarding the wearing of green however, I've been regular army and TA (not the unofficial embassadors of scotland) and obviously wearing reen was not an option then either..! therefore I think I'm immune to its dark powers..

would never buy a green car though.. they're unlucky.

Not that I was going out because it was that rhidiculous day St Phatrick's day (it was on a weekend), but I was in a pub and ordered a pint on this day.

The bar tender put this pint of green lager infront of me. He thought EVERYBODY was enjoying the 'festivities' and would enjoy green dye in their pint.

I leant over the bar stared right in his eyes and went "what the **** is that!"

He told me it was "ST Paddies Day ............yeah!"

"I firmly told him to go get me a clean glass, pour normal lager in it and never f****** ever insult me again"

i8hibsh 1 Lloyds barman zip!

Do you know where hell is

I have to admit that i am that petty. As was mentioned above, the only green i have is in my lacoste t-shirts on the badge. Its not something i even think about, i just avoid it all together as a natural part of my life.

Ditto, but I8 doesn't half post some pish :laugh:

Almost at that 6,000 post landmark

I honestly don't know how I get away with half the sh*t I post!

Thing is when I genuinely have something meaningful to say I get accused of 'attention seeking' e.g Csaba out thread :sad:

boy that cried wolf I guess

NO not a chance even my kids its a no no , its a shame cause my wee boy wants Graig Gordons new strip, eh no sorry its green! even at Retrofest needed leg warmers, made them look for every other colour ended up with orange can live with that , Green is a no no in my house unless my kid signs for a green colour well i could live with that (wouldn`t like it but thats life)

The Old Tolbooth
Almost at that 6,000 post landmark

I honestly don't know how I get away with half the sh*t I post!

Thing is when I genuinely have something meaningful to say I get accused of 'attention seeking' e.g Csaba out thread :sad:

boy that cried wolf I guess

You mean that thread wasn't attention seeking ;)

Also it is easy to see how I am how I am

My mum used to get smacked by my great grandad if he ever caught my nana EVER putting green on her as a child

You mean that thread wasn't attention seeking ;)

Well I was kinda hoping it would come to the attention of Shabba lol

Strangely enough no...but at 50 I should be wearing olive green troosers out of M&S,pulled right up tae ma mantits.:)

But ill stick to Hugo Boss jeans instead.

J.T.F.Robertson

I have a number of items in various shades of green, in my wardrobe, I quite suit the colour, in fact. :hobofish::eek:

Strangely enough no...but at 50 I should be wearing olive green troosers out of M&S,pulled right up tae ma mantits.:)

But ill stick to Hugo Boss jeans instead.

Hugo Boss jeans come in olive green as well and I am sure if you buy the right size they will certainly reach your mantits.

Stylish and suitable for someone of your extended years ;)

OOpps back to the subject.

I do tend to try and avoid green and when I was younger went through a phase of refusing to eat green sweets to the point of wasting a good portion of my Opal fruits (Starbursts for the pre pubescents).

I do sometimes wonder if being in green denial is an altogether balanced approach to life.

Nurse

Its easy enough not to wear green clothing but what about refusing any green food ie lettuce,broccoli oops,cabbage:) ect.

love my greens when it comes to food

got a green northern ireland top.

and also an old edina hibs top in green from when i played for them.

:hobofish::)

Sort of a Khaki jacket, and a pair of camo combats.

Thats the extent of my green. I tend to avoid the colour in all walks of life. Including salad.

I wore a green shirt to the 1998 cup final. Although it was a tasteful british racing green ralph lauren number:cool:

funny how theres no asda workers on this thread:rolleyes:

No green clothes in this house!

Unfortunatley one of my previous employers, Safeway, insisted upon introducing a green shirt as part of the uniform, and my current employer, Waitrose, has had green shirts as part of the uniform, or "business dress", for a long time.

As a jambo it is difficult to wear green most of the time, thank god the pay is good

I try my best but find it extremely difficult especially

when we go to Ibrox or Easter Road. Here's a recent photo of me

taken just before I was done for breach of the peace.hulk%2002_thumb.jpg

Having been raised in a Hearts household green was a no no. However on entering the true adult world and finding that sometimes a suit or jacket would look best with a green shirt or even pants I decided to state my independence from parental control, and wear what clothes and colors I chose. I however was only courageous enough to do that when not in or about to be in my fathers presence.

I don't go out of my way to avoid buying clothes that have green in them.

I'll obviously avoid wearing anything green to Hibs/Celtic games though. I remember going to a Hearts v Celtic game once with my sister and she was wearing a green and white top. :eek:

Does anyone own any clothes that are green?

Nope. Never have and never will. I also studiously avoid purchasing any products of companies that sponsor or are otherwis associated with Rhat FC and Mini-Rhat FC.

Having been raised in a Hearts household green was a no no. However on entering the true adult world and finding that sometimes a suit or jacket would look best with a green shirt or even pants I decided to state my independence from parental control, and wear what clothes and colors I chose. I however was only courageous enough to do that when not in or about to be in my fathers presence.

Same here, Bob, "some" years later. To this day, I think I own one light moss green polo, and I can hear my old man's voice in my ear when I wear it. Don't really feel the need to have green in my life much and won't stand for any of that St. Patrick's day (or "amateur's day" as some drinking mates of irish extraction call it) nonsense either.

Never wear green,hate the colour infact.

My oldest son wont even drink out of a green cup,although worryingly my youngest son says that he likes green(i have demanded a dna test).

It’s funny, as a child and a young man you tend to have extreme views, and certainly in respect of football that’s the case. I’ve found that as I have matured I have (hopefully) become more evenly balanced in my approach to life and more tolerant, aware and considerate of the views of people that I do not necessarily agree with.

So as a child and a young man I never, ever, wore green, and I made a fuss if anyone else in my family did.

So has my ‘maturity’ mellowed my views on wearing green? Well, as middle-aged father of three, I’m happy to say that there’s still no green in my house and I’m pleased to say that my kids do not wear, and never have worn the colour. Even Mrs S does not wear green, although she say’s that she would, but it’s just not worth the bother of arguing with me over it.

I guess the life values of a child run deep.

I never ever wear Green.

The teacher at my 5 yo son's school asked to speak to me last year as Cal would not write with green pens or drink from the water bottles (as they had green lids). She wanted me to have a word. I did.

Told her to mind her own business.

Archived