Mobile Phone Help?

Gaz

Hi Guys

Had p.e today at school and got totally soaked. Had a shower etc but as it was still raining was still a bit damp everywhere. Anyway, had my phone in my pocket and it did get a bit damp aswell.

Now it wont turn on, it will light up then nothing else ?

whats wrong with it, water damage or ?

how can i fix it ?

Eeessh :( Decent phone aswell.

Normally you can take the back off and there is an indicator thing on the battery that is normally white. If it gets wet enough, then it will turn red.

I would take the sim card out and put it somewhere warm (I was gonna say on a radiator but its September....!)

Other then that, I hate to say your phone might be fecked. Got insurance?

Hope you bought a warranty, water damage is usually irreversible as I know from my job, always get engineers calling me saying they dropped their phone into a puddle, down a hole in the road etc and usually have to get it replaced.

Some twunt at a party spilled a glass of juice on my ipod and it never switched on again :(

nah never got insurance with it, was going to add it on but on the list of things i was going to do, never got round to it. the indicator is still white which makes me wonder if it is water damage ?

Might be worth taking it in to the shop, sometimes you only need a new battery instead of whole new phone or whatever.

I would take the battery out ASAP. Dry the connector points on both the battery and the phone. Don't put the battery back in until the phone has completely dried out.

Leave the phone in a drying cupboard or warm room overnight. If it's still the same the next day, open the phone up and dry off all inner parts using cotton buds/kitchen paper. Usually quite easy to dry when it's water. 100 times worse when it's juice containing sugar.

Hope this helps.

Hi Guys

Had p.e today at school and got totally soaked. Had a shower etc but as it was still raining was still a bit damp everywhere. Anyway, had my phone in my pocket and it did get a bit damp aswell.

how can i fix it ?

Next time don't take your top off and do a klingsman in a puddle :P

Hi Guys

how can i fix it ?

Why did you have your phone in your pocket while you were doing PE?

Csaba's Broon Shoes

I cycled into the canal a few months back

My phone screen went white

However it did switch back on for a few days then it went blank again and

never worked . I reckon once the water gets in it the phone drowns .

Classic - want to tell us more?

Only on JKB! Hahaha.

Sure i read on here one time, put the phone in uncooked rice and it draws out the moisture.

My last phone drowned in a few drops of water...

Make sure not to use the hairdryer for too long though! I managed to melt the insides of my phone doing this!

Your best bet is to find someone with an airing cupboard and put your phone in there overnight...it's worked for me a few times!

I dropped my phone down the toilet a few weeks back. Dried it out and it turned on but wouldn't recognise that there was a sim card in. Took it back to the shop and they sent it to be repaired (although I forgot to mention the toilet part). Couldn't fix it so they gave me a brand new phone but the message alerts don't work. It vibrates but won't make a noise. Ring is ok for a phonecall though. Weird.

My K850i is donald ducked for for the 3rd time. 1st time was for water damage even though it has never been near water. Sent it away to get repaired and the phone come back damaged. Got given a new phone and the thing doesnt even work. It never come in a box and because it wont switch on the phone shop cant get the EMI number.

I dropped my phone down the toilet

Everyone should follow your lead. But you should have flushed the bugger away. This is the only way to liberate our souls!

Archived