There was an old woman with a furry hat that used to sit on the maroon/white benches

Craigieboy

Next to the shed.

Does anyone remember her?

Never missing from a home game.

Who did she come with? What was her story?

What was with the hat?

So many unanswered questions about her that have just hit me.

heartgarfunkel
I think she lived in Currie and her nickname was 'Sheepie' probably because of that hat!

There was an old Hearts-daft wifie in Currie that had maroon and white plant pots in her front garden. Could have been her - she was a fanatic. Spoke to her at length about Hearts once, some character!

Next to the shed.

Does anyone remember her?

Never missing from a home game.

Who did she come with? What was her story?

What was with the hat?

So many unanswered questions about her that have just hit me.

Her name was Agnes & she used to travel to away games on the Ace of Hearts bus for many years - I don't think she ever removed that wooly hat.

Agnes used to go on the Currie bus till it folded. Wore the same hat an scarf for donkeys years. She was a true Jambo of the old tradition.

And a bloody moan.

It wasn't like a hat, hat, if you know what I mean.

It was maroon on top with a furry cream/white rim.

Are we talking about the same woman here?

It wasn't like a hat, hat, if you know what I mean.

It was maroon on top with a furry cream/white rim.

Are we talking about the same woman here?

Are you sure it's no wee Sinky, did he/she have a scarf on her wrist?:P

Her name was Agnes & she used to travel to away games on the Ace of Hearts bus for many years - I don't think she ever removed that wooly hat.

I remember an old woman of that description, yes, she did go to away games all the time. I remember going to Parkhead for a semi-final against Rangers (1993, Preston scored for us in a 2-1 defeat), the old terracing had fencing 2/3rds of the way round. We had sold 18,000 tickets for the match and there was very scary crushing going on as the stupid stewards refused to open the last 3rd section, even police were being pushed and squeezed around and they refused to do anything about it. This went on for the entire first half (they eventually opened it for the second half) This wee woman with a furry hat was standing right in front of me crushed up against the barriers, she then said to me " i hope we don't score son, i'm absolutely terrified am going to be crushed!" We then went on and scored and the pushing from the back of the terracing was terrifying, i was pushing onto the crush barrier, trying to protect this wee woman. Absolute disgrace the police and stewards were that day.

It would be Agnes. I have pictures of her in the hat from a European game somewhere...Dublin I think..

I remember an old woman of that description, yes, she did go to away games all the time. I remember going to Parkhead for a semi-final against Rangers (1993, Preston scored for us in a 2-1 defeat), the old terracing had fencing 2/3rds of the way round. We had sold 18,000 tickets for the match and there was very scary crushing going on as the stupid stewards refused to open the last 3rd section, even police were being pushed and squeezed around and they refused to do anything about it. This went on for the entire first half (they eventually opened it for the second half) This wee woman with a furry hat was standing right in front of me crushed up against the barriers, she then said to me " i hope we don't score son, i'm absolutely terrified am going to be crushed!" We then went on and scored and the pushing from the back of the terracing was terrifying, i was pushing onto the crush barrier, trying to protect this wee woman. Absolute disgrace the police and stewards were that day.

Remember that day well , I was late in and could barely get onto the terracing, had one foot on the passageway and was told "keep off the steps" by the thickest fecking azhole of a polis , asked him to have a look at the situation (re crushing, 1 section closed ) and was told "another **** word outa u" you can guess the rest. Could not beleive how stupid they were that day, have only been to that hovel once since ....but that was a much better day.

Have they changed though there??

They are just a joke.

I remember the woman even before the seats were in,she always stood on the half way line at the wall down the front. Saying that,at that time there were a few old folk stood there regular.

Dodgy area at that time aswell,in front of the refreshments sign:eek:

Worthing Jambo

Her name was Agnes and came from Currie.

She died a few years ago and was buried at Currie Kirk in a maroon coffin.

Her "favourite" player of all time must have been Willie Gibson ;)

Archived