Stewart & the hooker

Forever Maroon

All sounds a bit cringeworthy to me..... i dont really want anything to do with the egg chasers and certainly wont be buying in to any "sporting weekend" nonsense.

The People's Chimp

If you can sell some hotel packages for a weekend with two tickets for a game then why not? People routinely like to catch a game on their travels and if that means someone comes along and likes it, and spends some money at tynie and in and around gorgie, then what is the problem? it can only e a good thing. A good experience will be talked about and potentially their friends may do the same, or they might come back another year.

A good idea and absolutely no problem here at all.

If you can sell some hotel packages for a weekend with two tickets for a game then why not? People routinely like to catch a game on their travels and if that means someone comes along and likes it, and spends some money at tynie and in and around gorgie, then what is the problem? it can only e a good thing. A good experience will be talked about and potentially their friends may do the same, or they might come back another year.

Plus, after being at a rugby match the previous night, the atmosphere at Tynecastle will seem phenomenal (even in section C when we're playing Hamilton).

A great idea

As a fan of city breaks myself I'd go to most sports in a new city if it was easily available. So in the USA for example I'd go to baseball and NFL - even though I'd never sit through a game on the telly

Mind you any link between us and rugby sends a certain poster into a rage shake so Hearts need to tread with caution

Thumbs up for the marketing/commercial department, that's a good idea. :)

Think Edinburgh Rugby might benefit from it a little more than we do, though.

Exactly. I'm definitely no rugby fan, but this can only be good for the club - costs heehaw to promote and if it brings in a wee bit then great and if it creates future fans, even better.

Dare I say this type of thing will be excellent when we have the new stand, restaurant, hotel type thing (please refrain). Got to promote it somehow and this is one way i guess. Ruggerbuggers tend to have the bucks eh.

It's completely outrageous, why next thing they'll be reading out the rugby scores at Tynie at Half time.

I'm mad. I'm furious, I'm....

SHAKING WITH RAGE

It's completely outrageous, why next thing they'll be reading out the rugby scores at Tynie at Half time.

I'm mad. I'm furious, I'm....

SHAKING WITH RAGE

Calm down dear.

F_200701_January18ed__9546a.jpg

It's only a marketing strategy

We already have enough rugger-bugger types at Tynecastle. That's one of the reasons why the atmosphere is so cack. The last thing we need is to tempt more along. :mad:

We already have enough rugger-bugger types at Tynecastle. That's one of the reasons why the atmosphere is so cack. The last thing we need is to tempt more along. :mad:

Yeah, these rugby types don't have nearly enough crap songs or wave flags about. They're rubbish. They're just god squad sweetie rustling pc brigade hand wringers.

Simple and sensible idea. Can do absolutely no harm, and will maybe help encourage more people along to both teams' games. Of course, it's bound to annoy those who'd prefer Tynecastle to be the private reserve of a small crowd of dedicated headbangers, where everyone would join in the singing of songs about potato famines and other events in Irish history over the last 3000 years. How marvellous that would be, with no fairweather, glory-hunting, egg-chasing "supporters" to spoil the lovely atmosphere.

Great idea and certainly likely to attract stag parties from out of town that can only help promote Edinburgh's two biggest teams!!!

Big pat on the back for Ogilvie!!!

Archived