Why Rangers fan leader quit (NHC)

jambovambo

All good ...

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2447197.0.gers_fan_leader_why_i_quit_role.php

Gers fan leader: Why I quit role

Templeton has quit post

JIM TEMPLETON today explained the reasons behind his decision to quit as president of the powerful Rangers Supporters Assembly.

Templeton, who has been at the helm of the body since it was created four years ago, says he resigned mainly because of the Ibrox club's moves this season to force rival clubs to pay a five per cent levy on tickets sold for away games.

Many of the clubs in the SPL have reacted to cover the additional costs by increasing the ticket prices for Rangers fans visiting their grounds.

Templeton was also unhappy by Rangers making reductions in supporters clubs' allocations for away games without consulting the fans.

And he also claimed the Assembly's annual funding grant from the club has been slashed from ?30,000 to ?20,000 - without a proper consultation.

Templeton revealed: "I've just been re-elected as president for another two years. But I've thought long and hard about this and decided it is time to step down because I do feel the gap between the club and its supporters is widening.

"Recent incidents have encouraged me to evaluate the relationship of the Assembly and Rangers.

"On Rangers' demands for a five per cent handling fee on away match tickets, while I agree in principle that Rangers are entitled to be compensated for handling away match tickets, I most certainly do not agree with how they tried to force it on other SPL clubs.

"Aberdeen agreed to pay Rangers a handling fee but for the first time in years they decided to implement a price increase.

"Conveniently they went up by ?1 which amounted to a five per cent increase. I wonder why? To make it clear why they did this, they offered a ?1 discount to their own supporters for a future fixture."

Fair play to the guy, at least he`s got principles which he is prepared to stick to. It makes a change for some honesty to come from O.F. supporters.

And he also claimed the Assembly's annual funding grant from the club has been slashed from ?30,000 to ?20,000 - without a proper consultation.

I didn't realise their Trust was funded by the club.

And he also claimed the Assembly's annual funding grant from the club has been slashed from ?30' date='000 to ?20,000 - without a proper consultation.

I didn't realise their Trust was funded by the club.[/quote']

Probably so the club can keep them in their back pocket!

I wonder what his other reasons were as the report states he stood down 'mainly' because of the 5% levy and the cut in grant.

Guest jambomickey

I wonder what his other reasons were as the report states he stood down 'mainly' because of the 5% levy and the cut in grant.

hit the nail on the head mate

My Hun supporting mate reckons that they've had their funding cut by SDM for failing to show blind loyalty to the cause when SDM was coming under so much fire for failing to make signings during the close season. Their silence at that time was apparently deafening.

Because he realised he had the most stinking job in the world?

Indeed. He was like a real life version of the big glowing eye thing from Lord of the Rings.

Can anyone tell me what this means :

Templeton was also unhappy by Rangers making reductions in supporters clubs' allocations for away games without consulting the fans.

If the tickets didn't go to supporters clubs , where did they go ?

'Cos we're pure no' allowed to sing wur songs at they tims any more n' 'at, ken?

Can anyone tell me what this means :

If the tickets didn't go to supporters clubs ' date=' where did they go ?[/quote']

Season ticket holders.

And he also claimed the Assembly's annual funding grant from the club has been slashed from ?30' date='000 to ?20,000 - without a proper consultation.

I didn't realise their Trust was funded by the club.[/quote']

I think the Hun Assembly is their equivalent of the Federation of Hearts Supporters Clubs and not their Supporters Trust.

Archived