Your favourite memories of the Dunbar end?

Craigieboy

As a kid, I was treated to a fair few belting games at ER. We always seemed to ****ing anhialate them back then.

The thought of them having to watch us party all the time on the Dunbar end was fairly enjoyable.

So whats your favourite memories?

the game just after the takeover 3-0 up at half time and all the hobos fighting with each other absolute football heaven or the east of scotland shield game when the buzzbomb got sent of for trying to kill half the hibs team no we got beat but storming round and invading the cowshed very un pc but very very funny

My god many favourites in the Dunbar end but one that sticks is when Dennis McQuade scored ( he may have scored both ) in a 2-1 victory for the "famous".

First time Clerry had seen a victory over the Hobos and I 'll tell you the tears were streaming doon ma face in pure undulated delight and relief!!

EDIT: Just checked London Hearts and O'Connor got the other one, luvly jubly

Nucky Thompson

Derek O'Conners last minute goal in the early '80's, it was just when we started getting the upper hand again:) We brought out the 'Frankie says Hibs 1 Hearts 2' T-Shirts

has to be fozzy for me but there have been plenty enjoyable memories there , the Dunbar end erupting with masses of jambos going fecking mental and jumping about like loony s every time we scored or won, great days and particularly in the 22 game i a row era.:107years::flagwave::flagwave::flagwave::clubbed::jambobanana:

Fozzy on the Fence.

Was half way up the terracing when he scored. Finished up in the fence at the bottom.

The 22 in a row period has plenty of good memories.

Next to Fozzy, I'd say the 1-4 game at Fester Road, when Craig Levein hit a peach of a volley into the corner of the net and Gary MacKay scored at both ends.

Post terracing, it has to be the Stampy game, when we were 1-0 down up 'till the 86th minute, when Kevin McKenna looped a header into the back of the net and Stampy scored a minute from the end and got sent off for celebrating.

Is this one even in any doubt...

Let's not forget in the same game as Fozzy we had all the fans shouting abuse at Fat Deek Johnstone in his wee box and lobbing pies at the window. Brilliant.

The aforementioned victory when O'Connor grabbed the winner. The air was thick with missiles including an outlandishly large ball of elastic bands that bounced all the way down the slope before crashing into the Albion Road Cow Shed. It seemed to be Barnes Wallisesque in its conception and would probably have maimed someone had it struck home. My father was a policeman on duty that day and I remember him returning home that evening with his pockets jingling with newfound booty and a smile almost as wide as my own.

Fozzy on the Fence,

1-4 game,

0-3 takeover game

But what I really enjoyed was after the game walking up Fester rd reaching the top and looking down at a sea* of Jambos sing,dancing & twirling their scarfs

* Is that the correct name for a large amount of Jambos

So many good memories - but had a "near-death experience" at the end of one game and never went back until it was redeveloped.

I was at the outside of the mass of Jambos leaving the game and got jammed against that rusty old fence that ran down the slope of the exit. I can remember getting rotated around against the fence as the crowd moved down the path. I just couldn't get out. The crush was that bad, the fence was moving and I thought that it was going to give way, spilling me to ground 30 feet below - no doubt followed by many others on top of me.

The place was a bloody death trap and I was glad to see it demolished.

the 1-1 game last (?) season when Nade scored and we went hame over the narrow bridge onto Bothwell St and a minger was giving us abuse she soon regretted it ."You're not fit to be female":107years::P:)

Fozzy on the Fence,

1-4 game,

0-3 takeover game

But what I really enjoyed was after the game walking up Fester rd reaching the top and looking down at a sea* of Jambos sing,dancing & twirling their scarfs

* Is that the correct name for a large amount of Jambos

I think we should call it a preserve of Jambo's...

Coat. My. Get. I'll

All mentioned before but the 2-1 cup win, 3-0 after the takeover and the 4-1 New Years game when MacKay scored an OG.

winston churchill

far to many to mention..............that said.the day we broke the dump up and launched lumps of it at the polis and the chavs in the coo shed was interesting.

that's was also the first time i've ever seen a polis dug taken away on a stretcher.

winston churchill
All mentioned before but the 2-1 cup win, 3-0 after the takeover and the 4-1 New Years game when MacKay scored an OG.

the half time conga was mustard.

Is this one even in any doubt...

Let's not forget in the same game as Fozzy we had all the fans shouting abuse at Fat Deek Johnstone in his wee box and lobbing pies at the window. Brilliant.

fozzys 21st cup game, was right behind goals in line with the ball as it went in.magical.

...and when watching it back on telly,

the guy with the '21 key' who managed to move round perfectly to reappear at the window each time the camera moved between presenter and pundit.....priceless.

0-4 mickey lobbing bandy fi 25yards was a good one.Sure it was boxing day or New years aswell??

0-1 cup winning parade party takes some beating! Shoes off n all that :)

:107years:

every single game we won against them

and that will be more times than they have won at their own ground against us.:107years:

One of my favourites was a 2-0 game wnen JC lobbed bandy from way out. i was reakin drunk and climbed on top of a car full of hobos outside the holyrood brewery. happy days

Frankie says game there was a huge puddle of puke that everyone was avoiding, forming a strange invisible force field. Boof Derek Oconnor scores a while going mental I witness two guys rolling about hugging each other in the afore mentioned puddle,hate to have been sitting next to them on the bus home:)

Say What Again
So whats your favourite memories?

If you mean the Dunbar End as it was pre new stadium, then my favourite memory was pi$sing into the street below instead of the loo at half time.

Or, the pi$s streaming down to meet you on the way up the slope.

Another that sticks in my mind (cos I was with a Hibby at the time) was Henry's save from Brian Hamilton's penalty.

Approaching the Dunbar End we heard the cheer from the Hibs end. He thought they'd scored and was smuggly cheesing. We got up the slope just in time to see Henry save the spot kick.

Typical Hobo loser :P

aitcheeayartees

Happy memories in early 80's of the ball coming into the crowd and hearts fans refusing to throw it back. Instead we began throwing it about like a beachball. it came to my mate scott who crouched down and hid it up his jumper. The ball came with us up town afterwards as we celebrated another derby win! It got a fair few blooterings as we headed up the high street and down into grass market before eventually heading back to penicuik. The evening news cartoon on the monday (Gilzean) was "hearts fans are magic! we even make the ball disappear!"

That was back in the day before they had so many spare footballs at had to speed up play. can still remember the bewildered looks on the players faces when the ball failed to appear!:)

0-0 game, Niemmi in goal.Hibs penalty 90 mins on clock (quite sure we had our backs to the wall all game) up steps mixu and tries to chip it over Antti,and puts it over the bar !!!My ,we laughed !!:P

Apart from the most popular ones like Fozzy, and 3-0 post 'takeover', one raw celebration that sticks out for me is when Bannon put us a goal up in a game from Oct or Nov 1989. I was with my brother and all his mates and the celebration was simply magnificent.

Sadly, Archibald scored for them soon after but it was still a great experience.

Also a 3-1 win in 1986, a 2-1 win in May 1990, that 3-0, a 4-1, a scrappy 2-1 (91/92), a 2-0 (JC lob) and Fozzy on the fence.

I didn't make 'Frankie Says'.

Buffalo Bill

The People's Chimp
fozzys 21st cup game, was right behind goals in line with the ball as it went in.magical.

...and when watching it back on telly,

the guy with the '21 key' who managed to move round perfectly to reappear at the window each time the camera moved between presenter and pundit.....priceless.

I watched it on TV, but the memory remains crystal clear. :)

Archived