Oasis fans - Dig Out Your Soul Preview

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Sounds like more regurgitated oasis sh ite if you ask me.

They are truely an awful band from way back.

It will be one of the biggest selling albums in 2008 - FACT

END OF

:P

chester copperpot
I have to say i've been very un-impressed by what i've heard of the new album so far.

Which pains me to say.

Same with the new Verve album Adi, such a let down.

Much like Adi, I'm gutted to admit it but this album sounds pretty weak. Not anything that stands out as a classic in there.

It will be one of the biggest selling albums in 2008 - FACT

END OF

:P

And the X-Factor winner's first single will be one of the biggest selling singles of the year.

They all sound **** and even more tripping Beatles rip off than ever before.Liam really needs to change the way he sings it just sounds so cringe worthy now with every note drawn out.I love loads of Oasis songs but i am looking forward to some of the hoefully slow ballad b side numbers that Noel will sing.

I don't know why Noel has never released a solo album by now.Just him and the guitar would be much better than this ****.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
And the X-Factor winner's first single will be one of the biggest selling singles of the year.

It will indeed :P. You really didn't need to reply though, my post was only designed to wind up Jamie_the_Jambo. I didn't think anyone would take it seriously - obviously I was wrong ;) If I like an album I'm happy - don't really care if it sells or not.

The Oasis album has actually had good reviews in the few I've read. I can make my own mind up though and will do exactly that on the 6th October.

Regarding the Verve album, I love both the songs I heard at TITP (Love is Noise and Sit and Wonder) and thought the rest were ok. Still better than half the pish in the charts at the moment.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Same with the new Verve album Adi, such a let down.

Bit harsh IMO.

Sit and Wonder, Love is Noise and Valium Skies are all great songs. The rest is decent.

It's not anything compared to their older stuff but it's pretty good.

chester copperpot
It will indeed :P. You really didn't need to reply though, my post was only designed to wind up Jamie_the_Jambo. I didn't think anyone would take it seriously - obviously I was wrong ;) If I like an album I'm happy - don't really care if it sells or not.

The Oasis album has actually had good reviews in the few I've read. I can make my own mind up though and will do exactly that on the 6th October.

Regarding the Verve album, I love both the songs I heard at TITP (Love is Noise and Sit and Wonder) and thought the rest were ok. Still better than half the pish in the charts at the moment.

Mate, I love the Verve, but I guess I just wanted this to be another Northern Soul, and it just isn't.

Still like a couple of the tracks though.

The People's Chimp
Sounds very different to normal Oasis records. Quite groovy :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dk3Pxb4PKj8

IN interviews a while back noel was saying the new album would be "like columbia." As my favourite oasis tune i don't think they'll hit those heights again, but it is a good sign.

if only they listen to headshrinker and decide to do an album like that. :)

edit: the preview sounds pretty boring.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
IN interviews a while back noel was saying the new album would be "like columbia." As my favourite oasis tune i don't think they'll hit those heights again, but it is a good sign.

if only they listen to headshrinker and decide to do an album like that. :)

edit: the preview sounds pretty boring.

Oasis doing punk - great tune.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Saw them at La Belle Angele back in 93.

I saw them 1st.

F ** k the rest of you, plastics.:P

Damn that fire. I miss La Belle Angele :mad:

Oh, and Oasis played their on the 6th April 94.

Nelly Terraces
Damn that fire. I miss La Belle Angele :mad:

Oh, and Oasis played their on the 6th April 94.

94 then. I'm an old man, memory aint what it used to be (don't mention the drugs).

Whiteout (who?) were on the bill as well, I remember that.

I saw them 1st. That makes me King. :P

It will indeed :P. You really didn't need to reply though, my post was only designed to wind up Jamie_the_Jambo. I didn't think anyone would take it seriously - obviously I was wrong ;)If I like an album I'm happy - don't really care if it sells or not.

Quite right.

Mr Serious. :dry:

94 then. I'm an old man, memory aint what it used to be.

I saw Whiteout at the Venue in '93 (but it may have been 94 too).

Greenock's, ahem, "finest".

What ever happened to The Gyres. btw?

94 then. I'm an old man, memory aint what it used to be (don't mention the drugs).

Ahhh Whiteout.

Never heard that name in years!

Gavsy Van Gaverson
94 then. I'm an old man, memory aint what it used to be.

I only knew it was 94 as I remember a lad from my school going on about it. It was also around the time of my 14th birthday (feckin hell) :eek:

I saw Whiteout at the Venue in '93 (but it may have been 94 too).

Greenock's, ahem, "finest".

What ever happened to The Gyres. btw?

Supported Bowie at the SECC when Morrissey pulled out, and erm......

Fingers on buzzers!

Gavsy Van Gaverson
what did happene to the gyres? pint for whoever provides a decent answer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Gyres

The Gyres were a band formed in Blantyre near Glasgow in the 1990s just before the Britpop explosion.

[edit] Lineup

Andy McLinden - Vocals

Paul McLinden - Guitar

Peter Lyons - Guitar

Mark McGill - Bass

John Hutcheson - Bass

Paddy Flaherty - Drums

Paul Cardow - Manager

- The Gyres played numerous gigs in Britain, continental Europe, and Japan supporting and touring with artists such as Cast, Oasis, Reef, Echobelly, Bon Jovi, and David Bowie. The band enjoyed limited success, and then disbanded leaving their indie label Sugar Records. All members are still involved in the music scene to date. Fashioned the unique 'Gyprock' style of music.

Track Listing

This is the track listing for the album First by The Gyres released in 1997 on the Sugar label (SUGA16CD)

Sly

Hi-Fi Driving

Break

A Million Miles

Hooligan

Are You Ready?

Falling Down

On A Roll

I'm Alright

Pop Cop

Downtime

Bit harsh IMO.

Sit and Wonder, Love is Noise and Valium Skies are all great songs. The rest is decent.

It's not anything compared to their older stuff but it's pretty good.

The verve are the most overrated band of all time. Or at least one of them.

The verve are the most overrated band of all time. Or at least one of them.

All about opinions obviously......but.

Absolute poppycock old chap.

All about opinions obviously......but.

Absolute poppycock old chap.

I didnt say they were bad, just incredibly overrated.

IMO :)

PS cracking use of the word poppycock!

jack D and coke

Judging by that preview this may be the first Oasis album i dont buy.

They just cant seem to change direction imo and Liam's voice makes me cringe now.

They were f****d from the day Noel let Liam put his songs on their albums. Just turn it in with the Lennon nonsense.

They all sound **** and even more tripping Beatles rip off than ever before.Liam really needs to change the way he sings it just sounds so cringe worthy now with every note drawn out.I love loads of Oasis songs but i am looking forward to some of the hoefully slow ballad b side numbers that Noel will sing.

I don't know why Noel has never released a solo album by now.Just him and the guitar would be much better than this ****.

I actually think it sounds ok, probably because it is such a beatles rip-off though, at least from the sound of the preview

I actually think it sounds ok, probably because it is such a beatles rip-off though, at least from the sound of the preview

It's like poor karaoke Beatles though.They even fit the Magical Mystery Tour into one the songs.

I've listened to it again and it sounds even worse than the first time.

This from a man who once got an overnight bus to London when he was 17 just to stand outside 'Supernova Heights'.

It's over.

:sad:

chester copperpot

This from a man who once got an overnight bus to London when he was 17 just to stand outside 'Supernova Heights'.

It's over.

TBH mate, its been over since about 2000-2001. They've just not got it anymore.

I will always love Oasis, as they're the band of my generation, but its a sad day when I dont even bother with their stuff no more.

As for CCP, please dont compare MSP to Oasis, its just wrong, and thats my design for life. :)

Chad Sexington

It's over.

It's been over for a while mate.

I don't even have to listen to the track to know it's going to sound like a substandard Ruttles out-take.

They've been peddling the same guff for years now.

I used to love them. I went to see them in Newcastle on the Be Here Now tour. Just as they were descending into coke addled mediocrity. :sad:

Watching Liam honking his way through that Brits performance a while back was conformation that they are completely finished as a creative force.

Noel's still good for a funny soundbite though. :)

Gavsy Van Gaverson

It's over.

Aye, but were you not in London for the Charlton pre-season friendly ;)

TBH mate, its been over since about 2000-2001. They've just not got it anymore.

I will always love Oasis, as they're the band of my generation, but its a sad day when I dont even bother with their stuff no more.

As for CCP, please dont compare MSP to Oasis, its just wrong, and thats my design for life. :)

oi, it was the chilli monster who started that chat. I would never dream of comparing MSP to a lesser band like Oasis :mad:

The rest of your post is spot on though, the fact that the Masterplan is better than anything since Whats The Story tells its own story for me....

Archived