PInk Floyd founder Richard Wright dies

Say What Again

Sad loss to the music world.

RIP and a personal thanks for helping to give great music to me and generations of future Pink Floyd fans.

'Tis indeed a sad day. The keyboard section of 'Cirrus Minor' is still one of the most haunting pieces of music I've ever heard!

Billy the Jambo

Not a thing about it on the news at 630 on stv if it had been a non entity like Amy Wino or Pete Docherty it would have been plastered all over the news .FFS Noel Gallagher getting attacked made more headlines .As posters on here have already said it is a sad loss to music Floyd are one of my favourite bands never had the pleasure of seeing them live though .Its a sad day RIP Richard

chester copperpot
RIP - one of the best.

in the best possible taste ............ off to the 'Great gig in the Sky'

I love Pink Floyd.

RIP son, u mean more to me than some of my family members.

Quote from Dave Gilmour:

"In my view all the greatest PF moments are the ones where he is in full flow. After all, without Us And Them and The Great Gig In The Sky, both of which he wrote, what would The Dark Side Of The Moon have been?"

Very true. Not a bad legacy to leave behind, two of the greatest songs from one of the greatest rock albums of all time. This music - his music - will outlive all of us and still be getting played in 2108, 2208... and beyond....

RIP - one of the best.

in the best possible taste ............ off to the 'Great gig in the Sky'

had this WELL stuck in my head since i heard the sad news. he was a true great, the unsung hero of floyd.

the fact that in spite of pink floyd's success, he has never really been a celebrity is something that i respect ENORMOUSLY. a man with his priorities truly in the correct order - music and family first.

Archived