Tips on getting ink off white leather

The Old Tolbooth

The Old Tolbooth

Anyone got any tips on how to get ink off a white leather suite?

I had my kids at their grans yesterday and my youngest somehow got pen marks on the recliner chair, which wasn't noticed until this morning and now won't come off as it's dried in. She has a solution which you can apply if it has just happened and it comes off no problem, however if it's left it doesn't seem to want to come off.

Any help would be appreciated as I now have a very angry mother in one ear, and an irate ex missus in the other :wacko:

I had my kids at their grans yesterday and my youngest somehow got pen marks on the recliner chair, which wasn't noticed until this morning and now won't come off as it's dried in. She has a solution which you can apply if it has just happened and it comes off no problem, however if it's left it doesn't seem to want to come off.

Any help would be appreciated as I now have a very angry mother in one ear, and an irate ex missus in the other :wacko:

Tipex???

The Old Tolbooth

Cheers broomie boy, I'll mention it to her and see what she says, I've also since been told to try turps, hairspray, babywipes, toothpaste, and olive oil, although not all at the same time!

As for tippex, pffffttt!! :D

When I first read that, I thought it said a white leather suit! The fact that it was John posting it meant I had to read onto the next paragraph before I realised I'd read it wrong... :P

When I first read that, I thought it said a white leather suit! The fact that it was John posting it meant I had to read onto the next paragraph before I realised I'd read it wrong... :P

very trendy in gala im told:cool:

very trendy in gala im told:cool:

Is that because they're at least a decade behind down there and were inspired by the Liverpool cup final suit?

Toxteth O'Grady

We had this problem once John, as with so many problems alcohol is the answer.

A little clear meths (From a friend who works in a science lab, I'd be wary of using the purple stuff ) on a cotton bud and rub very gently so you don't remove the coating that's on the leather.

Nail varnish remover and hairspray will also work.

We had this problem once John, as with so many problems alcohol is the answer.

A little clear meths (From a friend who works in a science lab, I'd be wary of using the purple stuff ) on a cotton bud and rub very gently so you don't remove the coating that's on the leather.

Nail varnish remover and hairspray will also work.

yep thats what i would suggest, since the key component is acetone IIRC and is a solvent that will dissolve superglue

Any tips on getting black makeup off a white pillowcase?

Went to bed without taking makeup off after night out on Sat and needless to say, it's smeared all over my brand new pure white bedclothes :(

Haven't touched it as I'm scared of making it worse.

Went to bed without taking makeup off after night out on Sat and needless to say, it's smeared all over my brand new pure white bedclothes :(

I'll need to come round and take a look. :whistling:

I believe man sweat works a treat.

Archived