Making tea in the office

Legend Claws

I do not drink tea or coffee, everyone else in my office does. They are claiming that even though I do not drink it, I should still offer to make it for everyone else. Is this a reasonable argument?

I think not!

That's just stupid. There are a few people in our office who don't drink tea or coffee, but no-one else would dream of asking them to make it for everyone else, or even expect them to offer to do it.

My first reaction is bollocks! Let them get their own.

But then I had a different thought. Does it mean five minutes skive? Are you still getting paid the same? To make a round of tea and coffee and win favour amongst your colleagues.

I say do it, it's no skin off your nose and you'll only benefit in the long run.

Forever Maroon
I do not drink tea or coffee, everyone else in my office does. They are claiming that even though I do not drink it, I should still offer to make it for everyone else. Is this a reasonable argument?

I think not!

tell them to GTF

chester copperpot
I am ****e at making tea and to be honest the 5 minutes off wouldn't bother me. I see your point though!

Get a vending machine in. Easy, Easy, Easy.

I take a turn at getting my office cofee's and tea's, even though I only drink water when at work.

Do not like tea or cofee.

take a blender and some fruit into work, say you will make there tea's and coffee's if they make your smoothies they will soon get bored and stop asking, definatley when they don't put the lid on properly and get covered in strawberry and banana gunk ;)

I think not!

Offer to make it one day and then gob in all the cups. :cool:

chester copperpot
Offer to make it one day and then gob in all the cups. :cool:

Or even dip the salty one eye'd womb ferret in their cups.;)

Or even dip the salty one eye'd womb ferret in their cups.;)

Yep that'll show them. Once they've stopped laughing at the bloke who's just dipped his boaby into scalding liquid.

chester copperpot
Yep that'll show them. Once they've stopped laughing at the bloke who's just dipped his boaby into scalding liquid.

Point taken, okay smear the boabie around the rim of the mug before pouring the tea then.

Thanks for pointing out my error Mr Pedant. :P

I have circualated these answers in my office. I think I have made my point!

School boy error, now they all know you spend all day on Kickback:p

The Mighty Thor

Many years ago when i was a first year apprentice Chef i used to get treated like dirt and tea making was one of the things i had to do.

After a while i used to go into the kitchen and strain the water off the veg to make the tea or add salt to the water for the tea. Surprisingly i wasn't on tea duties for that long and i took great satisfaction of watching the tossers drinking tea made with water from green beans etc

Many years ago when i was a first year apprentice Chef i used to get treated like dirt and tea making was one of the things i had to do.

After a while i used to go into the kitchen and strain the water off the veg to make the tea or add salt to the water for the tea. Surprisingly i wasn't on tea duties for that long and i took great satisfaction of watching the tossers drinking tea made with water from green beans etc

Are you still a chef? If so, I'll need to avoid your restaurant.. ;)

The Mighty Thor
Are you still a chef? If so, I'll need to avoid your restaurant.. ;)

Not anymore mate. I reserve my poisonings for family members, friends and random female partners :)

I think not!

Good tip....put one drop of eyedrops in each cup,and trust me..you will never be asked to do it again:)

They will s hit rings round themselves!

I was asked once to chip in for the tea and coffee in an office I worked in, I dinnae drink tea or coffee so told the munter tae bolt, but it didnae go down well, I think it was an even cheekier request!

This is one of my pet hates, the women in my office asking everyone if they want tea or coffee.

I only drink water at work so they got fed up of asking me after about a month but it still get's on my nerves.

If you want tea or coffee why not just go and get yourself one? I know it's nice to be nice but some of them spend half their days at the vending machine.

It's very irrational my hatred of this.

alwaysthereinspirit

I think not!

Tell them you dont drink either because you saw someone p!$$ in the kettle and the coffee pot while working late one night.

You'd rather not say who it was and cause any bother.

They'll soon start making their own. Lazy bar stewards.

This is one of my pet hates, the women in my office asking everyone if they want tea or coffee.

I only drink water at work so they got fed up of asking me after about a month but it still get's on my nerves.

If you want tea or coffee why not just go and get yourself one? I know it's nice to be nice but some of them spend half their days at the vending machine.

It's very irrational my hatred of this.

Actually know what you mean on this one, I don't drink hot drinks, but everyone asks me all the time if I want a cuppa, you'd think after about 2 and a half years they would have taken the hint.

Maybe it annoys me because people use my bottle of diluting juice when Im away from my desk. They don't think I notice, but I do..........

I don't drink tea or coffee. I've tended to find in the past that anytime I've made a cup of tea or coffee for someone at work they haven't asked me again because I made such a poor job of it!

The People's Chimp

I think not!

That's a nonsense. Tell them to GTF!

I used to do it until I found out that my classic creation(s) were not being reciprocated with the pish my workmates served up - they were heavily into recycling their tea-bags for a number of days!

Archived