"I think nobody had the feeling we would lose,

maroonlegions

Hearts manager Csaba Laszlo:

"I think nobody had the feeling we would lose, we controlled the game. Falkirk looked only to the counter attack and we lost the game in the last minute.

"That was very unlucky but that is football and if you have a young team, you must learn sometimes to play simple football in the last two or three minutes.:cool:

"In the second half, we had the chance to score the second and the third goal and after Falkirk's goal in injury time, we hit the crossbar.

"We must look to the positives. We don't have the points but the performance was positive. We must believe the football that we play is the football that we need to be successful." ;)

So a lot of possession and positives but nae points, still if we get our defense tightened up and play like we did in the second half then i suppose we will win more than lose but we need to get the defense sorted out pronto.:cool:

So a lot of possession and positives but nae points, still if we get our defense tightened up and play like we did in the second half then i suppose we will win more than lose but we need to get the defense sorted out pronto.:cool:

It is a young defence and they are going to make mistakes. We just have to accept it.

In that case, a couple of experienced players should've been brought in to help out, if they keep relying on young players, we can say goodbye to a European place this season. The scouting system at Hearts is a joke, when was the last time we brought in players that they should have been identifying? That's their job! Look at Falkirk for example, they have a young team so they knew this was going to be a problem, they brought in the likes of Jackie McNamara, Lee Bullen and Neil McCann as well as still having Russell Latapy on their books. Hearts only have themselves to blame.

We could bring in older experienced players to help the defence but I think the coaches will be able to point out to the players where they are going wrong.

The more games this defence play together the less mistakes they will make. They need to carry on playing together to build up an understanding, to become familiar with each others game.

Maybe now and then one or the other can be taken out and rested but the defence made up of Jonsson, Zal, Berra and Wallace can become a good unit.

siegementality
We could bring in older experienced players to help the defence but I think the coaches will be able to point out to the players where they are going wrong.

The more games this defence play together the less mistakes they will make. They need to carry on playing together to build up an understanding, to become familiar with each others game.

Maybe now and then one or the other can be taken out and rested but the defence made up of Jonsson, Zal, Berra and Wallace can become a good unit.

Not sure about that.

Father Tiresias

The coaches can point out and shout 'til they're blue in the face but if the players are not good enough...........

I happen to think that at least 2 of the back 4 on Saturday are not good enough.

Nelly Terraces
It is a young defence and they are going to make mistakes. We just have to accept it.

Their doing a good job at that. Another lesson in ball watching on Saturday, especially for the 2nd one, and the 'marking' of McCann for the 1st was quite simply laughable.

Sorry, but Berra and Zal have played together on and off for over 2 seasons, but I see absolutley no improvement in their partnership, or in their ball watching tendencies, which is of a schooboy standard.

I think that Wallace should have halfed Barrett in the buildup to the first goal.

But I think that the major fault for the goals was first Karipidis and then Palazeulos for not picking up the midfield runners for both goals. Both goals were scored with the players unmarked.

Chad Sexington

We're screaming out for a grizzled veteran at CB.

A Bruno character who takes no prisoners and will marshal the defence. Threatening violence on his own team mates if need be.

Berra and Zal are both decent players but we need a real organiser in there to try and weed out the silly mistakes that are costing us.

Their doing a good job at that. Another lesson in ball watching on Saturday, especially for the 2nd one, and the 'marking' of McCann for the 1st was quite simply laughable.

Sorry, but Berra and Zal have played together on and off for over 2 seasons, but I see absolutley no improvement in their partnership, or in their ball watching tendencies, which is of a schooboy standard.

We can give Berra and Zal a little more time working under Csaba and see how it goes, 6 games is not enough.

If we do not see a sigificant improvement by January then maybe Csaba will bring in an experienced centre half to help out.

I just can't see who's going to get goals regularly.

The guy Tullberg may be a good player, but it will be probably November/December before he gets up to speed.

If I was a betting man, I would back Mikey Stewart to be top scorer with about a dozen or so goals this season.

We made a huge blunder not bringing in an experienced striker.

I appreciate the finances are a problem, but if we don't qualify for Europe then the Management will only have themselves to blame.

If anyone has watched the goals yet I'm wondering if they share my opinion that Berra's attempted block for the winner was utterly pathetic and showed zero commitment or bravery ? I would have expected my captain to have thrown himself in front of the shot rather than turn side his upper bodty side on as if scared of the ball.

Wallace is a liability and should be dropped but the 2 centre halfs have not gelled well enough and it's time to put Karipidis back there. If it doesn't happen for Saturday then we know someone's not allowing it ;)

I just can't see who's going to get goals regularly.

The guy Tullberg may be a good player, but it will be probably November/December before he gets up to speed.

If I was a betting man, I would back Mikey Stewart to be top scorer with about a dozen or so goals this season.

We made a huge blunder not bringing in an experienced striker.

I appreciate the finances are a problem, but if we don't qualify for Europe then the Management will only have themselves to blame.

I guess that Csaba will be hoping they come from different areas of the park as we have no out and out goalscorer.

We should be seeing goals from Obua, Kingston, Driver, Stewart, Nade, Mole, Tullberg and Miko as well as a few from Zal and Berra

I reckon it could be November before we see the best out of a few of our players and not just Tullberg. This is why I am not too concerned with results just now, if we are struggling when we have all our player available then it will be time to worry.

Stewart is a good shout for top goalscorer.

A Bruno character who takes no prisoners and will marshal the defence. Threatening violence on his own team mates if need be.

Berra and Zal are both decent players but we need a real organiser in there to try and weed out the silly mistakes that are costing us.

There must be a English Championship defender out there who would be wiling to come to us.

Buffalo Bill

siegementality
There must be a English Championship defender out there who would be wiling to come to us.

Buffalo Bill

There no doubt will be, but I don't think Romanov will be spending any money to bring one.

Good to see that yet another Hearts Scotland U-21 player is this seasons target from "Hearts fans". Do we really want to chase Wallace out the club like we did with Elliott?

Total over reaction from folk - especially when you see the backing that Neilson receives. We are supposed to "support" the Hearts players and boo the opposition - though to a few on here that appears to be an alien concept.

Would love to see a "street fighter" come into the defence as we are missing that ingredient in defence.

Buffalo Bill

Yes there's probably a few, again, as i said earlier, that's the scouts job to identify players, they're not doing their job right, myself and a few others on JKB could give our opinion on identifying players to bring in so why can't they!? To be fair, maybe they have and Romanov's taken no notice, if that was the case, i'd want out the door! Too many players at the club are only here for the paypacket and have no interest in making Hearts a force in this country, Rangers and Celtic are not great teams and are there for the taking, that's what everyone gets frustrated about yet nothing can be done about it.

Father Tiresias

Buffalo Bill

Is Andy Thorn still playing???? :wacko:

Buffalo Bill

You can bet your arse that there will be some F C U K Kaunas ****ty defender willing to do just that.

Good to see that yet another Hearts Scotland U-21 player is this seasons target from "Hearts fans". Do we really want to chase Wallace out the club like we did with Elliott?

Total over reaction from folk - especially when you see the backing that Neilson receives. We are supposed to "support" the Hearts players and boo the opposition - though to a few on here that appears to be an alien concept.

You have missed the point.

The point is that Wallace is costing us goals every other game he plays at right back due to a basic lack of ability/concentration.

I said it last season that he lacks the ability to play in such an important position as full-back, and is a much worse player than Goncalves, who had the pace to recover from his (frequent) errors.

I believe that the team should be made up of players who have proved they are good enough, and over the past few years Wallace has not made the grade.

Its not just this season I've been saying it - his constant mistakes were obvious last year.

I'm sorry, but if a player can't cut it they have to be dropped/emptied to make way for someone else.

Would love to see a "street fighter" come into the defence as we are missing that ingredient in defence.

We have been missing some fight from the team but not necessarily the defence.

We now have Mrowiec.

Is Andy Thorn still playing???? :wacko:

An Andy Thorn type exactly.

Someone that eats raw chicken.

Buffalo Bill

The team is clearly a working progress and hopefully we can get in and around 3rd place this season and develop some of the youngsters.

Then build on it next season and try and cement ourselves as the third force again!

In January I would like to see a couple of more experienced players brought in just to shore things up for the run in which hopefully takes us to third place!

The coaches can point out and shout 'til they're blue in the face but if the players are not good enough...........

I happen to think that at least 2 of the back 4 on Saturday are not good enough.

only 2?

If anyone has watched the goals yet I'm wondering if they share my opinion that Berra's attempted block for the winner was utterly pathetic and showed zero commitment or bravery ? I would have expected my captain to have thrown himself in front of the shot rather than turn side his upper bodty side on as if scared of the ball.

Wallace is a liability and should be dropped but the 2 centre halfs have not gelled well enough and it's time to put Karipidis back there. If it doesn't happen for Saturday then we know someone's not allowing it ;)

Yes Csaba Lazslo! The manager has explained several times justifying why he wants to play Karipidis in midfield and Jonsson at right back - dozens of people here attended the fans meetings with the manager & there are already several threads about this. :)

You believe that if you want to.

So Csaba repeatedly tells rooms full of dozens / hundreds of Hearts fans why he wants to play Karipidis in that position, goes to great length to explain his reasoning why - dozens of guys on here witnessed & posted about this - but you still refuse to believe it's his own decision? He also explained at the same meetings he see's Stewart & Palazeulos as too similar, neither are defensively minded or strong enough and Karipidis is also better in the air than either of them.....you might not agree with that assessment but that is a summary of what Csaba said and why Ruben as been overlooked in the opening games.

So Csaba repeatedly tells rooms full of dozens / hundreds of Hearts fans why he wants to play Karipidis in that position, goes to great length to explain his reasoning why - dozens of guys on here witnessed & posted about this - but you still refuse to believe it's his own decision? He also explained at the same meetings he see's Stewart & Palazeulos as too similar, neither are defensively minded or strong enough and Karipidis is also better in the air than either of them.....you might not agree with that assessment but that is a summary of what Csaba said and why Ruben as been overlooked in the opening games.

He won't be the first and I very much doubt he will be the last head coach to spin things a little (or a lot) in an attempt to justify the bizarre selections we constantly endure uner this regime. It's early days in his relationship with our great leader and he's understandably trying to be diplomatic at the moment but I suspect Csaba will be too much of his own man to be taken advantage of long. Karipidis can play in central midfield now and again but he is very evidently a centre half and quite possibly the best one we have. Due to Zaliukas being favored by Romanov and Berra being the 'captain' the only way to give Karipidis a game and therefore keep him in the shop window is in a holding role. Job done.

Father Tiresias
He won't be the first and I very much doubt he will be the last head coach to spin things a little (or a lot) in an attempt to justify the bizarre selections we constantly endure uner this regime. It's early days in his relationship with our great leader and he's understandably trying to be diplomatic at the moment but I suspect Csaba will be too much of his own man to be taken advantage of long. Karipidis can play in central midfield now and again but he is very evidently a centre half and quite possibly the best one we have. Due to Zaliukas being favored by Romanov and Berra being the 'captain' the only way to give Karipidis a game and therefore keep him in the shop window is in a holding role. Job done.

Spot on :thumb:

So you're obviously of the opinion Zaliukas isn't playing on merit?

Nope sorry I don't buy that - Csaba has limited choices of players available and I think he's chosen the best players available for our games who have been fit & who have the qualities he's looking for although Kingston & Obua have been given more leeway than perhaps they should have.

i never boo and am ultra positive about all things Hearts but mate, seriously, wallace is gash! as are robbie and clum. they're just gash. if that's the future for scotland then god help us all.

we need a Takis figure and, as someone mentioned earlier, a Bruno figure. With that, we'll have a real shot at 3rd this season.

I'm not sure about that one but I think Karipidis should be playing beside either Zaliukas or Berra or potentially even trying all 3 with Jonsson (maybe even Miko or Chesney for home games) and Obua / Wallace as wing backs. We could then play a midfield 3 of Kingston, Stewart and any from Mrowiec, Palazuelos or Aguair with Tullberg and Nade / Glen up front.

I don't dislkie Zaliukas by any means and think he has started the season better than Berra but to me it's horses for courses and Karipidis should be an automatic pick at centre half.

I dont think, given Berra and Karipidis were our best defensive unit last season, he deserved the match minutes pre-season ahead of Kari.

In the competitive games it appears he has done enough not to be dropped (although Jamie Mac could and is arguing the same point) but I dont think it can be factually established that Berra and Zali are our best defensive pairing

Bottom line is that we havent kept a clean sheet all season, and with 5 defenders on the pitch (6 on Saturday) that simply does not suggest the defence is working as it should.

At the start of the season I said we needed improving in 3 out of the 4 defenders positions. I stand by that now

Archived