Jibril back at Hearts after Arsenal Trial (NHC)

primrose

Ghana's Hearts of Oak that is, perhaps Larry should arrange for the boy to come over here.

From Goonertalk

http://goonertalk.com/2008/09/14/jibril-back-at-hearts-after-arsenal-trial/

Highly-rated Hearts of Oak youngster Tawrick Jibril is back at his parent club after trials with some of Europe?s elite - including Arsenal - did not materialize.

The 16-year-old midfielder attracted a lot of foreign interest during the summer window and apparently caught the eye of Arsenal?s chief scout Steve Rowley.

Reports claimed that Jibril underwent a two-week trial at Emirates Stadium in June with a view to a permanent move if he impressed Gunners boss Arsene Wenger.

Torric?s agent Prince Omar Ibrahim revealed then:

?We have received the documents from Arsenal inviting Torric for trials from June.

?We have taken the future development of the player into consideration and we all know that there is coach better than Arsene Wenger who can do the work.?

Jibril, 16, came to prominence when he was picked by Claude LeRoy for the home based national teams in their qualifiers for the Africa Nations Championships.

?Staying out of the team?s pre-season training program was never an act of indiscipline,? he told Hearts News.

?I sought permission from the club to go on trials in Europe. What I set out to do with these European clubs did not materialize so I don?t think it is wrong to be back where I belong.?

?For me it is all about maintaining my focus and taking the rest of the training activities very serious and I will surely pass the test. There is so much I have to grasp before I catch up with the squad but I hope I would not take long to get there,? he concluded.

The teenage sensation is regarded as the most exciting young player in Africa, and although he is only 16, has already made a handful of appearances for Accra?s first team.

Update: Portsmouth have asked to extend the trial of Jibril to another fortnight.

Archived