Icelandic RIGHT BACK - it's official.

Charlie-Brown

Chad Sexington

I wasn't at the game on Saturday but Eggert seems to be regularly mentioned as one of the few successes at RB.

Looks like Csaba...and Jambo Robbo ;)...may have called this one right.

I wasn't at the game on Saturday but Eggert seems to be regularly mentioned as one of the few successes at RB.

Looks like Csaba...and Jambo Robbo ;)...may have called this one right.

He had a cracking game but we are sorely missing his energy and combative spirit in midfield. Have strengthened right back compared to Thomson but at the expense of weakening the midfield.

What about moving Wallace into MF and shifting Karipidis into the LB slot :eek:

Wallace is defo better at Left MF.

Problem is that we have no-one to play left back.

He had a cracking game but we are sorely missing his energy and combative spirit in midfield. Have strengthened right back compared to Thomson but at the expense of weakening the midfield.

Are you missing Robbie?

siegementality

I thought he should have done better with the guy who passed the ball to Arfield for their winner. The boy just minced past him. Sorry, Eggert.

chester copperpot
I thought he should have done better with the guy who passed the ball to Arfield for their winner. The boy just minced past him. Sorry, Eggert.

Was that the only point you picked up on the BBC highlights yeah? Eggert was great on Saturday, proved a few people wrong, including me.

Thought he was outstanding on Saturday.

having someone who can play football at right back is what we've been missing for years.

last year i said the boy would make a very good full back and i just wish wallace at left back could up his game as he could be much better than what he's producing.

siegementality
Was that the only point you picked up on the BBC highlights yeah? Eggert was great on Saturday, proved a few people wrong, including me.

FFS Andy give it a rest. Go and look at the BBC highlights I don't think Eggert is even in another clip than that one so I can only fecking comment on what I see. So, the point is, I thought he could have done better, do you not think so?

chester copperpot
FFS Andy give it a rest. Go and look at the BBC highlights I don't think Eggert is even in another clip than that one so I can only fecking comment on what I see. So, the point is, I thought he could have done better, do you not think so?

Rich telling me to give it a rest. I have not seen you post nothing but negativity in your last few months on here.

It should be me saying FFS give it a rest. Eggert was superb on Saturday, but guess you would've known that if you were there.

siegementality
Rich telling me to give it a rest. I have not seen you post nothing but negativity in your last few months on here.

It should be me saying FFS give it a rest. Eggert was superb on Saturday, but guess you would've known that if you were there.

That sounds like a comment from some school playground somewhere, pretty pathetic. A definate "better fan" quote that one. All that was missing was the na,na,na,na,na! at the end. For your information, even though I probably wouldn't have went to the game, I was at a family funeral which meant there was absolutely knockers chance of going, even if I'd wanted to.

Now, I'm glad your love for Eggert is shinging through however, push that to one side, close your eyes, forget you were at the match, open your eyes again and watch the BBC highlights. Then come back, tell me how many brilliant things you saw Eggert do on the clip and tell me what you thought of his defending at the second goal.

chester copperpot
That sounds like a comment from some school playground somewhere, pretty pathetic. A definate "better fan" quote that one. All that was missing was the na,na,na,na,na! at the end. For your information, even though I probably wouldn't have went to the game, I was at a family funeral which meant there was absolutely knockers chance of going, even if I'd wanted to.

Now, I'm glad your love for Eggert is shinging through however, push that to one side, close your eyes, forget you were at the match, open your eyes again and watch the BBC highlights. Then come back, tell me how many brilliant things you saw Eggert do on the clip and tell me what you thought of his defending at the second goal.

Seige, aint getting into an argument as previous posts suggest there's only one right answer in your opinion, and thats your own.

Wasn't a childish dig at you either, was pointing out how the **** you can judge a players performance on 2mins highlights on the BBC website as being pretty short sighted.

Anyway, I'll leave you to go on your anti Hearts way mate, all the best.

siegementality
Seige, aint getting into an argument as previous posts suggest there's only one right answer in your opinion, and thats your own.

Wasn't a childish dig at you either, was pointing out how the **** you can judge a players performance on 2mins highlights on the BBC website as being pretty short sighted.

And that'll not be a "chilish dig" at me either eh.

I didn't say Eggert was good, bad or indifferent on Saturday. I wasn't at the game. I said, viewing the BBC highlights of Falkirks second goal that he could have done better, do you disagree?

All he said was he thought he could have done better at the goal, he wasn't commenting on his overall performance. Maybe you should learn to read before launching into a "im a better fan than you, I go to all away games" pish that you seem so fond of doing.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

How can it weaken a midfield he hasn't been playing in?

:o

chester copperpot
All he said was he thought he could have done better at the goal, he wasn't commenting on his overall performance. Maybe you should learn to read before launching into a "im a better fan than you, I go to all away games" pish that you seem so fond of doing.

I never launched into a better fan debate.

chester copperpot

I didn't say Eggert was good, bad or indifferent on Saturday. I wasn't at the game. I said, viewing the BBC highlights of Falkirks second goal that he could have done better, do you disagree?

Well you wouldn't know would you, because you weren't there.

GAME OVER.

chester copperpot

Ach whats the point, Im against 2 people who dont attend the games. Obviously I'm a poorer fan than them. :P

Got to agree to disagree I thought Eggert should have done more for the goal, same as Nade should have scored, but at the end of the day its not about what or what never happened he is a far better RB than robbie is just now and can only go on to imporve in that position. the lad is better in that position.

siegementality
Got to agree to disagree I thought Eggert should have done more for the goal, same as Nade should have scored, but at the end of the day its not about what or what never happened he is a far better RB than robbie is just now and can only go on to imporve in that position. the lad is better in that position.

Your brother in law won't like that. Fair play to you though.

How can it weaken a midfield he hasn't been playing in?

:o

Think our midfield has been weak all season - with one main reason that Jonsson hasn't been playing there.

Ach whats the point, Im against 2 people who dont attend the games. Obviously I'm a poorer fan than them. :P

What are you basing this info on?? I probably attend more games than you.

The original point was your lack of reading skills and limited intelligence, not how many games you attend. :P

Seymour M Hersh
He had a cracking game but we are sorely missing his energy and combative spirit in midfield. Have strengthened right back compared to Thomson and especially Neilson but at the expense of weakening the midfield.

You missed a bit Coco!

RB has been a major problem for us for a few years (despite your love in with Robbie). Perhaps it is not one anymore. We have more mid-fielders to juggle with than right backs.

You missed a bit Coco!

RB has been a major problem for us for a few years (despite your love in with Robbie). Perhaps it is not one anymore. We have more mid-fielders to juggle with than right backs.

I think that Thomson will end up in first or second division football.

But our need at the moment is for more energy and commitment in midfield. Our defence comes under so much pressure as we have no combative players in midfield. Jonsson is the only player in the whole midfield mini-squad who likes to tackle. Karipidis and Palazuelos - supposedly our defensive midfielders - were to blame for the 2 goals on Saturday.

Hopefully when Neilson comes back he will slot in and Jonsson can return to shoring up the midfield. We have been conceding 2 goals per game since Neilson dropped out at the split last season.

Gavsy Van Gaverson
Think our midfield has been weak all season - with one main reason that Jonsson hasn't been playing there.

Possibly, but he was poor for the second half of last season so not sure what you base your comment on.

He looked very, very tired in matches near the end of last season - hopefully the pre-season has got him going again.

Seymour M Hersh
I think that Thomson will end up in first or second division football.

But our need at the moment is for more energy and commitment in midfield. Our defence comes under so much pressure as we have no combative players in midfield. Jonsson is the only player in the whole midfield mini-squad who likes to tackle. Karipidis and Palazuelos - supposedly our defensive midfielders - were to blame for the 2 goals on Saturday.

Hopefully when Neilson comes back he will slot in and Jonsson can return to shoring up the midfield. We have been conceding 2 goals per game since Neilson dropped out at the split last season.

What do you see in Neilson. No-one I know rates him as a footballer. Fwiw I think Robbie will be either away from the club in January or at best back up to Eggert.

Possibly, but he was poor for the second half of last season so not sure what you base your comment on.

He looked very, very tired in matches near the end of last season - hopefully the pre-season has got him going again.

Agree with that - towards the end of last season he clearly needed a rest.

I think that a top quality holding midfielder - which Jonsson could become - would be incredibly valuable.

Your brother in law won't like that. Fair play to you though.

dont really care what he thinks this is a public forum and all got our own thoughts on who played well and who didnt. just like i thought

zaliukus came onto a game in the second half but he disagrees but hey it wont loose me sleep.

siegementality
dont really care what he thinks this is a public forum and all got our own thoughts on who played well and who didnt. just like i thought

zaliukus came onto a game in the second half but he disagrees but hey it wont loose me sleep.

I know mate, I just thought it was brave of you to disagree with him under these circumstances.

IMO, Eggert played really well defensively on Saturday - especially breaking up their attacks with some superb tackling. He needs to work on his passing though as, after winning the ball, he frequently passed it inside to one of the opposition.

Archived