Top Stadium

105inarow

Just returned from watching my first NFL game - Denver Broncos v San Diego Chargers, finished 39-38 to the Broncos. Have never been a great NFL follower, but this was a great game.

Anyway, the point of the thread is that the Mile High Stadium was rebuilt in such a way that when the fans get going, the whole stands vibrate and shake (some sort of special aloominum, according to the septic sitting next to me.

superb idea and really gets you into the atmosphere.

off to have some more Coors now

Was the game as close as the scorline suggests? Must have been a good finish? I dunno if your over there on holiday or your one of many exiled jambos in the states? Anyway if that was your 1st NFL game don't waste your time with the baseball! It's ridiculously boring!

Was the game as close as the scorline suggests? Must have been a good finish? I dunno if your over there on holiday or your one of many exiled jambos in the states? Anyway if that was your 1st NFL game don't waste your time with the baseball! It's ridiculously boring!

Denver won it in the last minute (which took about 10 minutes!) as they went for and got the two points after the touchdown.

I am on holiday at the moment, but down here from Toronto

Nucky Thompson
How long does an NFL game last?
Four 15 minute quarters that usually takes 3 hours to play:) There is a lot of stops and starts but there is always something going on, like scantily clad women dancing about in front of you;)

I watched the Denver game last night, great game and the stadium is amazing, I was in Boston just over a week ago and saw the Red Sox at Fenway Park, Baseball is a great game to watch once you get into it and I'm a big Red Sox fan.

One thing that struck me when I was in the US was how big the College football stadiums are Top 15 :- http://bleacherreport.com/articles/47924-top-15-college-football-stadiums

They always seem to be full and the fans are pretty crazy.

I watched the Denver game last night, great game and the stadium is amazing, I was in Boston just over a week ago and saw the Red Sox at Fenway Park, Baseball is a great game to watch once you get into it and I'm a big Red Sox fan.

One thing that struck me when I was in the US was how big the College football stadiums are Top 15 :- http://bleacherreport.com/articles/47924-top-15-college-football-stadiums

That cant be college football stadiums?? The smallest one is like 81,000

A bit off topic but How did u get tickets for Fenway Park? I'm a big red sox fan and I'm hopeing to go over to boston next season and was just wondering what the best way is to get tickets?

A bit off topic but How did u get tickets for Fenway Park? I'm a big red sox fan and I'm hopeing to go over to boston next season and was just wondering what the best way is to get tickets?

I was over there about 2 months ago and bought our tickets though a website called Stubhub. Considering how hard it is to get tickets for Fenway, it was pretty easy with these guys. It's also pretty cheap if you sit in 'the bleachers' area.

Sorry for not replying sooner (off playing fives), I got my tickets from Redsox.com if you arrange them early enough in advance its easy to get tickets from the official sites (I even had tickets for one of the Yankees games in New York the week before). Otherwise there are a lot of 3rd party sellers but it could be a bit of hassle getting them from a UK address, there were a few touts looking to buy and sell tickets outside but I'm not sure how much for (it was against Orioles).

Fenway Park is an amazing stadium (opened in 1918 the day the Titanic sunk), Red Sox are loaded so they could easily knock it down and build a shiny new stadium with a much bigger capacity but everyone loves Fenway Park and the Green Monster.

That cant be college football stadiums?? The smallest one is like 81,000

Yup, they are College stadiums.

The South and the Midwest are mental about College Football as there's ferk all else to do around those places

Sorry for not replying sooner (off playing fives), I got my tickets from Redsox.com if you arrange them early enough in advance its easy to get tickets from the official sites (I even had tickets for one of the Yankees games in New York the week before). Otherwise there are a lot of 3rd party sellers but it could be a bit of hassle getting them from a UK address, there were a few touts looking to buy and sell tickets outside but I'm not sure how much for (it was against Orioles).

Fenway Park is an amazing stadium (opened in 1918 the day the Titanic sunk), Red Sox are loaded so they could easily knock it down and build a shiny new stadium with a much bigger capacity but everyone loves Fenway Park and the Green Monster.

Interesting...........the Titanic sank in 1912;)

Interesting...........the Titanic sank in 1912;)

Yup, and thats when Fenway opened ;) April 20th 1912, Titanic was 20th from what I can see.

For those asking about tickets for Fenway, P/M me your email addy, I have some info that you may be interested in:eek:

Thanks for the info guys about getting tickets for Fenway park. Will hopefully being going over next summer for my 21st birthday, been wanting to go for years now.

alwaysthereinspirit

Not if you're a Sox fan it isn't.:P

Glamorgan Jambo
Yup, they are College stadiums.

The South and the Midwest are mental about College Football as there's ferk all else to do around those places

College Football is much better supported and popular in the US than the NFL.

I've been to a few Penn State 'Nittany Lion' games over the years. the attendance has never dropped below 100,000 and the games are usually 106,000 capacity sell outs.

By the way the Penn State head coach has been in place since 1965.

Yup, and thats when Fenway opened ;) April 20th 1912, Titanic was 20th from what I can see.

For those asking about tickets for Fenway, P/M me your email addy, I have some info that you may be interested in:eek:

Titanic sank early in the morning of April 15th, 1912. :cool_shades:

For anyone who loves nostalgia in sport or gets teary eyed easily the New York Yankees play their last ever match at 'The Stadium' on Sunday night. I think it's being shown on Channel 5 and promises to be quite a night.

For anyone who loves nostalgia in sport or gets teary eyed easily the New York Yankees play their last ever match at 'The Stadium' on Sunday night. I think it's being shown on Channel 5 and promises to be quite a night.

goffebb1.jpg

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=BOZyd7v1cDAC&printsec=frontcover&dq=ebbets+field&sig=ACfU3U2hWB5jGdB_1AQ2qTHsTXWEGHLogA

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

I was actually working in Ohio over the summer and got to see the number 1 stadium in college football.

Absolutely brilliant stadium and they are absolutely mental about college football over there.

Archived