Favourite cup final opponent

The_Supreme_Being

The_Supreme_Being

First post so thought I'd start off with one of those "whats your favourite" type threads, a nice upbeat one - didn't want my post post to be moaning about the Falkirk game.

If Hearts were to make it to the Scottish Cup final this season - who would you want to beat in the semis and then final(ie two famous hampden victories).

I'd go for beating Aberdeen in the semi, considering what happened to them in the semi-finals last season they'd be devastated at losing another one.

Then what could be better than beating Hibs in the final?

The People's Chimp

Oh I would love a wee aberdeen humping in the semis before taking on the lochend brazil in the final. What a year that would be.

Dr Ian Malcolm
Oh I would love a wee aberdeen humping in the semis before taking on the lochend brazil in the final. What a year that would be.

Feck that! The build up to the semi was bad enough - imagine a final. I know they're notorius bottlers and all, but theres always a chance the unthinkable would happen. Imagine them breaking their hoodoo (if you can, I know its nealy beyond the realms of imagination) and doing against us? I've spoken to mates of that persuasion who count the day of semi final as the worst footballing day of their life. Don't fancy feeling the same tbh.

Personally, I'd rather we win the third round this year and see who we get after that.

The prospect of meeting Hibs in the final of a Scottish cup is both the best and worst things I could ever imagine.

To beat them would be the best result ever.

The process of beating them would be potentially the most nervewracking 90 minutes (plus extra time and penalities...??) of our lives.

To lost to them. It would really really be the end of the world. Doesnt bear thinking about.

I look back on the hibs semi as one o the best days in my life.

However the night leading up to it my nerves were wrecked. I've never had a kid or been married but I don't think I'll be as stressed the night before as I was that night. I couldn't sleep - the prospect of them beating us with gretna in the final made me feel sick. I really dunno if I could handle being beaten by them in the final - not that it would happen!

I'de never take the OF at Hampden as there's no chance - unless we bring in a foreign ref!? I wouldn't mind meeting Aberdeen, Dundee United - clubs you know will fill the seats but there's a decent chance we will beat them.

i would have every confidence of beating the hobos in a big cup finale, after all they have been bottle merchants for:107years:

Hibs in the semi and then the Jungle Jims in the final. Would be a bit better knowing that if we lost the semi Hibs would be under dogs for the final.

I'm in a dilemma over this, the missus sisters getting married on cup final day and the only way i'll be able to go without coming home to changed locks is if we have hubs* so i'll go for,

aberdeen semi, hobo final

*personally it would kill me if we had them in the final i couldn't sleep before semi don't know how i'd cope with build up to a final

Was thinking about this recently actually.

I would have to go for Aberdeen in the semi & then the filthy, vile selick *******s in the final.

Now, that would lead to quite a sesh/weekend oblivion.

For me we'd murder Airdrie 8-0 in the semi because I'm still scarred after they dumped us out of 2 semis in the early 90s when I was only a bairn, then a 4-3 win over Rangers in the final coming back from a goal down with 10 minutes to play, which would be a nice way to beat them at Hampden for the first time ever. And we can do Hibs in the quarters just for good measure.

alwaysthereinspirit
First post so thought I'd start off with one of those "whats your favourite" type threads, a nice upbeat one - didn't want my post post to be moaning about the Falkirk game.

If Hearts were to make it to the Scottish Cup final this season - who would you want to beat in the semis and then final(ie two famous hampden victories).

I'd go for beating Aberdeen in the semi, considering what happened to them in the semi-finals last season they'd be devastated at losing another one.

Then what could be better than beating Hibs in the final?

Surely Rankgers and Sheltic in no particular order.

The_Supreme_Being

Personally I'd rather the old firm got no-where near the semis, they get enough big games and they don't even sell out for the semis even though they're in their own city - much better when other sides get to hampden and to them its a big day out(ie hearts selling out usually everytime they're there, Aberdeen bringing 14,000 down from the north-east and Queen of the South having 9,000 when everyone thought Hampden would only be 1/5th full, and erm, Hibs with their big crowds at Hampden too ;) )

Perfect semi-final line up would be Hearts, Hibs, Dundee United and Aberdeen all going into the draw - wouldn't matter who you got would be two great semis and the final would be a belter too.

I look back on the hibs semi as one o the best days in my life.

However the night leading up to it my nerves were wrecked. I've never had a kid or been married but I don't think I'll be as stressed the night before as I was that night.

I've been through both mate and let me assure you the semi final was far worse than either of those two.

Buffalo Bill

I'd like Civil Service in the semis and Burnt Island Shipyard in the final.

Buffalo Bill

I would take hibs in the final, Could you imagine the build up to that game!

Would either be the best day or the worst day of my life.

Fantastic

the last time we played either of the bigot brothers in a scottish cup final we beat them although i wasnt around in 56 so it would have to be the festers in the final after beating greyskulls in the semi.

I'm in a dilemma over this, the missus sisters getting married on cup final day and the only way i'll be able to go without coming home to changed locks is if we have hubs* so i'll go for,

aberdeen semi, hobo final

*personally it would kill me if we had them in the final i couldn't sleep before semi don't know how i'd cope with build up to a final

C'mon grow a pair FFS, it's her and her fiance's fault, the first thing to look for when planning a wedding is does it fall on Cup Fnal Weekend. A safe bet is to avoid May completely

Anyway, I'd want us to beat the wee team in the 3rd round at the cabbage patch just to get the 108 up nice and early then beat Rangers in the semi and Cellic in the final as that would be the perfect cup run. If we had the Hobo's in the final I'd probably lose my job as I'd be constantly on edge.

C'mon grow a pair FFS, it's her and her fiance's fault, the first thing to look for when planning a wedding is does it fall on Cup Fnal Weekend. A safe bet is to avoid May completely

Anyway, I'd want us to beat the wee team in the 3rd round at the cabbage patch just to get the 108 up nice and early then beat Rangers in the semi and Cellic in the final as that would be the perfect cup run. If we had the Hobo's in the final I'd probably lose my job as I'd be constantly on edge.

Grow a pair? when was the last time you stood up to your missus ya pu$$y!

:P

Grow a pair? when was the last time you stood up to your missus ya pu$$y!

:P

When did I ever need an excuse to go to the footy, let alone a cup final???

The truth is coming out, can't wait till the pub on Saturday to let the old man know

Fairly straightforward for me - definately Celtic.

Would love to do them (in a purely footballing sense ) by coming back from a goal down, by scoring twice in injury time preferably beyond the time agreed by the fourth official and with the aid of the worst refereeing decision seen since football was shown on tv. Christ knows we owe them one!

Fairly straightforward for me - definately Celtic.

Would love to do them (in a purely footballing sense ) by coming back from a goal down, by scoring twice in injury time preferably beyond the time agreed by the fourth official and with the aid of the worst refereeing decision seen since football was shown on tv. Christ knows we owe them one!

You could die happy after that, although in the ensuing riots we probably would :)

Agreed anyone in the the final as getting there is what it's about however....

After having my nose done by an Airdrie fan throwing a can of coke whilst waiting to get into the game! I'll go for pumping them in the semi and Smeltic in the final.

To add insult to injury the guy had a suit on, it happened right in front of around 20 of Glasgow's finest officers & they took us to a replay (yes that game) which they won!

I hate Airdrie!!!

It would have to be Hibs in the final, what an incredible atmosphere it would be, an Edinburgh derby in the national stadium, 45,000 fans travelling through to Glasgow in the morning, calming their nerves with a few stiff drinks, before embarking on that walk to the stadium, maroon at one side, green at the other, all the songs bouncing round the ground, the players would walk out to an eruption of noise and flames with the cup final tune playing in the background, the kickoff, the first tackle, the first shot and save would all be met with roars from both sets of fans, it would mean so much to each fan to win this game.

Archived