keeper had nae chance

maroonlegions

Anyone sat and watched games on the tv and a goal is scored then either after it or after the replay the commentator has come out with " aye the keeper had no chance with that goal", and thought , feck off i could have saved it, there have been a few in my time i thought the keeper could have done better or even thought i could have saved it, :eek:, now i have been a goalie in the past and you can get a sense of positioning , flight and speed of the ball and anticipation of the path of the shot, just a wee thought , whats everyones view.:)

On the other side of the coin, I hate it when commentators said that the keeper 'could've done better'. **** you. I'd like to see you try and save it, ffs.

Most recent example was Jermain Defoe's goal against Boro yesterday at the near post; an absolute rocket, the keeper truly did not have a chance eventhough it was at his near post and the commentator ripped him. Erse.

The worst one was when Ian 'My life is ****' McCall thought Craig Gordon could've saved Andrea Pirlo's 25 yard free-kick against Scotland in Italy. Laughable.

On the other side of the coin, I hate it when commentators said that the keeper 'could've done better'. **** you. I'd like to see you try and save it, ffs.

Most recent example was Jermain Defoe's goal against Boro yesterday at the near post; an absolute rocket, the keeper truly did not have a chance eventhough it was at his near post and the commentator ripped him. Erse.

The worst one was when Ian 'My life is ****' McCall thought Craig Gordon could've saved Andrea Pirlo's 25 yard free-kick against Scotland in Italy. Laughable.

Remember that but he never blamed Douglas for the one that went in the middle of the goals.

Remember that but he never blamed Douglas for the one that went in the middle of the goals.

Anyone remember when Douglas was still at dundee and he gifted Darren Jackson a goal. It looked as if he just tossed it up perfectly for Jackson to nod it into the net.

Right enough!

Thing that always pi$$ed me off about that game was Douglas insisting he could play on when it was obvious to everyone watching he was fecked and only gets subbed after he let in that howler!

That was incredible. It was a proper postage stamp free kick from Pirlo. Up and over the wall into the top corner. Douglas in the first half hour let one go right through him on the side of the goal he was meant to be covering.

Anyone remember when Douglas was still at dundee and he gifted Darren Jackson a goal. It looked as if he just tossed it up perfectly for Jackson to nod it into the net.

Did he not blooter it off Jacksons back and it looped into the goal?

Possibly, I would've been pretty young at the time. From what i can remember he threw it then Jackson looped the header over him. Although I could be wrong, like I say I was quite young I might have added some artistic expression.

It was the 2-0 game when I think wales got the other?

No, if I remember correctly he got a pass back and as Jackson closed him down he tried to dink it over his head and instead he set it up perfectly for him to head it back over him

No, if I remember correctly he got a pass back and as Jackson closed him down he tried to dink it over his head and instead he set it up perfectly for him to head it back over him

That was my recollection too.

Stupid Sexy Flanders

Yep, that's the one.

Remember it well. P'd myself laughing all the home.

I think it was maybe Gary Wales or someone like that who was running at Douglas when he blasted the ball against them and it went it.

I am sure both happened to Douglas.

Always thought the French goalie should have had McFadden's goal in Paris.

Especially when you see the replay from behind the goals.

Archived