(NHC) Newcastle up for sale

blondejamtart

Breaking news on SSN - Mike Ashley has issued a statement saying he wants to sell Newcastle!

Maybe KK had the right idea getting out when he did...

As a team I always want to do well, it was a good read.

Basically saying that the old format of a manager doing all the business at a club being too much. we at HMFC are trying to do the same, however Vlad insists on picking the team also.

It will be interesting to see what the Geordies reaction to that statement is. Most football fans just want to know whats going on at their club and personally I think that statement makes a pretty refreshing read. I also couldnt help but see the parallels between Newcastle and ourselves, with every passing paragraph.

To be fair having previously been very critical of Ashley I think that is a very refreshing read. I wonder if we will ever get transparency from Romanov along those lines ;)

http://www.nufc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10278~1392670,00.html

Like you said, a very refreshing read.

He's set his plan out, told the fans what he inteds to do and even said he'd sell the club if that's what the fans want.

If only our owner was as open. :sad:

Like you said, a very refreshing read.

He's set his plan out, told the fans what he inteds to do and even said he'd sell the club if that's what the fans want.

If only our owner was as open. :sad:

I think if he had come out and said this was his plan from the start then they probably wouldn't find themselves in the situation they curently are. Maybe something any future club owners could learn from the whole mess. :(

I think if he had come out and said this was his plan from the start then they probably wouldn't find themselves in the situation they curently are. Maybe something any future club owners could learn from the whole mess. :(

I think so. If he went in to the same length to explain the clubs debts and overall position, I don't think the fans would have much complaint. Definately something that new owners may have to do if they are not going to treat the club like a plaything.

lastkingofscotland

Reads like the words of a sensible man at the end of his tether. Shame that a guy with his money can no longer make a meaningful difference at a football club, or at least not in the timescales demanded by the fans. Shame that anyone should not be able to take their kids to a game without being warned they face assault. Shame that there's so little honesty of this ilk left in the game.

jack D and coke

Very refreshing read but please no one draw comparisons with us. He's spent nearly ?250m of his own money. It's nothing like what we have to put up with.

Totally agree and it's something our very own 'leader' was 100% guilty of as well. It's almost like they think have to lead the fans up the garden path initially to garner support and carry favor before letting us all down with ludicrous appointments and baffling decisions. When in reality if they were honest and up front with their plans and strategies to begin with many fans would respect them and understand the timescales and policies being put in place.

Is it because they are so arrogant and egotistical that they can't be transparent in the first place ?

He's spent nearly ?250m of his own money. It's nothing like what we have to put up with.

I suspect he will be looking to recoup a fair chunk of that from the Chinese / Indian / Asian consortiums who will soon be sniffing about !

Jambof3tornado

Ashley and Vlad are similar in that they wont p1sh their fortunes away,they want to make the clubs priofitable(eventually),though I am very happy that Vlad hasnt bought million pounds worth of players to worsen the debt.

Ashley and Vlad are similar in that they wont p1sh their fortunes away,they want to make the clubs priofitable(eventually),though I am very happy that Vlad hasnt bought million pounds worth of players to worsen the debt.

But VR's spending did worsen the debt.

Where have you been for the past 2 years ?

Very upfront statement. Sometimes fans can get to passionate about their team and this should not result in threats of assault on anyone and/or their families.

Although not a NUFC fan, I think I, as well as most Hearts fans, can see the similarities between both our clubs. The two exceptions being the millions chucked at it by the respective owners and the obvious interference from Mr Romanov.

Let's hope for a sensible and realisitc outcome for everyone at NUFCs' sake.

Bigman

Totally different though. Being realistic you need to spend ?30M in the Premiership to stand still, never mind improve. Look at Everton for the proof of this.

In the SPL, ?2M would make a massive difference to any team outwith the Old Firm. ?2M spent wiseley would and should be enough to gaurantee 5 or 6 teams 3rd place at a canter.

Fair play to Ashley.

I read it that he's said, "I've piled in loads of money and can get it back. I've also got a sound medium-to-long term plan I'm trying to get in place. You Geordies are hung up on some romantic notion that a wee bloke with a cleft chin and a mad stare is some kind of Messiah and, because he won't play my game with my money, you now want him out. (And in the process, you're so unpleasant that you're threatening my kids' safety.) Well, sucks to you - 'kin do what you damn well want. I'm outta here first chance I get."

Am I close?

Archived