Italian Grand Prix (a bit damp)

Tazio

I have pretty much given up on watching F1 as it is as much of a procession as it's ever been. However watching the start of the Italian one just now and have to say that the drivers are bloody brave to say the least.

I drove up from Worcestershire on Friday night and it was driving rain and hard to see all the way up and dong 70mph was hard going. These guys are going round curves directly behind other cars without the advantage of windcreen wipers at 180mph. God knows how they do it.

Conditions are frightening for the drivers in the pack, and the spray was unbelievable on the first few laps. Seems to be drying a bit now, but I think there is more rain scheduled

Although it can be a bit of a precession, I still really like f1, but the rain definately adds an edge of excitement to it

The boy Vettel is driving superbly, granted he has a nice clear track, but considering how young he is, and he is only in a Torro Rosso, he has been incredible all season

Hamilton is either going to be hero in this race or a villain. He is getting more arrogant on the track as each race goes by and will try to bully his way to the front.

Hamilton is either going to be hero in this race or a villain. He is getting more arrogant on the track as each race goes by and will try to bully his way to the front.

He is driving really aggressively so far, and while it is working so far, I don't think he will be able to force his opponents off the line so easily as he gets to the higher points positions. He does seem to excel in the wet conditions though, but I think the way he is driving will mean he has a coming together or spin at some point in this race

these 2 ham shankers commentating [badly], are getting on my bits, gauranteed they go to bed with there lewis hamilton jim jams on lewis hamilton bed spread and matching bed side lamp,

get a grip its a buisness not a sport,

]

these 2 ham shankers commentating [badly], are getting on my bits, gauranteed they go to bed with there lewis hamilton jim jams on lewis hamilton bed spread and matching bed side lamp,

get a grip its a buisness not a sport,

]

Agreed.

I used to enjoy F1 but its just the lewis hamilton show now!

Agreed.

I used to enjoy F1 but its just the lewis hamilton show now!

As opposed to the Michael Schumacher show which it was (in recent times) until he retired?

As opposed to the Michael Schumacher show which it was (in recent times) until he retired?

It was the Schumacher show in terms of on the track. However it is the Hamilton Show on the coverage. The entire ITV package is based around Hamilton, even to the extent that the commercial break stings feature his image.

OK I now actively want Hamilton to spin out. His aggression and arrogance is getting out of control. He has just barged Webber to stop him overtaking him.

That was iffy - Webster by far the quicker driver but Hamilton didn't yield and forced Webber off the track. Wouldn't be surprised if the stewards have a look at it later.

It was the Schumacher show in terms of on the track. However it is the Hamilton Show on the coverage. The entire ITV package is based around Hamilton, even to the extent that the commercial break stings feature his image.

He is the best British driver at the moment, with the car and the ability to win the season. What do people expect? It was the same with Damon Hill.

I'm sure in Germany when Schumacher was driving, their programs were dominated by coverage about him as well. It's only natural, as Hamiltons success will have brought a lot of new British viewers to F1.

OK I now actively want Hamilton to spin out. His aggression and arrogance is getting out of control. He has just barged Webber to stop him overtaking him.

That's the way I feel too. He is just too arrogant and the commentators constant fawning over him makes it even worse. Interesting bit in the commentary when they mentioned that just about every other driver doesn't like Hamilton

Congrats to Vettel, who was absolute class. Youngest ever winner of an F1 race. This boy is gonna to be a real superstar, but he actually has to work his way their rather than being handpicked as an experiment by one of the big teams :rolleyes:

Everything went for Vettel, but a stunning weekend none the less.

Hamilton was defiately pushing his luck when he squeezed of Webber.

But he's only doing what Michael Schumacher did for years. The difference is, Schuey always got away with it.

Archived