Losing

jamborich

How long does it take you to get over it, for me it totally fecks up my weekend i somehow lose my thirst for a bevvy after the game, as for Sunday i lose all interest in the Sunday papers and comms are down with the missus.

Now a win is different usually home about 2am peshed as a fart then up early for a trip to the newsagents, the comms are still down with the missus though.

Against Falkirk, Killie et al? Meh, I'm usually over it by MOTD. I'm still ****ed off about yesterday now, though, because of the manner in which we lost.

Against the OF? Meh, I'm usually over it by the time I get out the ground.

Against Hibs? I get over it the next time we beat them.

ToadKiller Dog

most games i am over it 10mins into my train journey home ,then on to discussing other things or longer term issuses with the club.

Hobos games take a bit longer as do god awful performances like our first 4-1 home defeat from CL arabs a few seasons back.

siegementality
How long does it take you to get over it, for me it totally fecks up my weekend i somehow lose my thirst for a bevvy after the game, as for Sunday i lose all interest in the Sunday papers and comms are down with the missus.

Now a win is different usually home about 2am peshed as a fart then up early for a trip to the newsagents, the comms are still down with the missus though.

Some people on here don't need to get over it. Some are accepting defeat before it has actually happened, "ay been" apparently. It must by the modern football supporters coping mechanism.

Me, fecks me off for a good few days, then I get fecked off even more by listening to people who don't seem to bother about it.

Sunday papers are a no go , highlights-no, Monday work usually consists of telling my hobo work colleagues to go and boil their heids(if they have won) with a timely reminder of :107years: ;), by Tuesday iam looking forward to the next game and hopefully a win and thinking wait untill we get you at tynie the next game we meet (Falkirk) but there is always are-run of the big cup semi to watch and re enforce the fact that we are the big team.:spongebob3::flagwave::107:

Cup defeats have never felt the same since the 16th May 1998. Before then it hurt badly for days, sometimes weeks especially the 2 Airdire semi final debacles, the St Midden semi final, the Henry drop the ball semi final, the penalty defeat at Dens etc etc. Having won the Holy Grail twice somehow it seems easier to accept.

I did take some calming down when we lost that last minute goal in the cup at East End Park mind you !

Cup defeats have never felt the same since the 16th May 1998. Before then it hurt badly for days, sometimes weeks especially the 2 Airdire semi final debacles, the St Midden semi final, the Henry drop the ball semi final, the penalty defeat at Dens etc etc. Having won the Holy Grail twice somehow it seems easier to accept.

I did take some calming down when we lost that last minute goal in the cup at East End Park mind you !

same here i was RAGING for weeks.

I can only touch on what has already been said. If we get beat then I won't read any newspaper or watch the highlights more than once. You can't get over the sick feeling you get when your team goes down in the 90th min, it usually takes a couple of days for me.

I won't listen to player interviews for some reason either, just the managers after a defeat.

I can only touch on what has already been said. If we get beat then I won't read any newspaper or watch the highlights more than once. You can't get over the sick feeling you get when your team goes down in the 90th min, it usually takes a couple of days for me.

I won't listen to player interviews for some reason either, just the managers after a defeat.

I tend to react in a similar way. Yesterday was not helped by the missuscoming out with "Are you going to be miserable all night?"............ I suppose it was her birthday night out. Sigh.

I can get over it quicker if I can see some sort of long term improvement being possible.

Over it by the time I have left the stadium.

Obviously I dont really pay any attention to the newspapers or highlights programmes after a defeat but I may still have a browse.

If we loose to Hibs it stings for a while, but it will be bottled up - I wont let it effect plans I have made etc.

Obviously there have been exceptions, games I have been properly raging about losing for days but it does not happen very often.

I don't let a defeat dampen my weekend ie going home and crying in a corner. I just look forward until the game where hopefully we will put it right. But like people have said it takes a bit longer to forget the Hibs game.

Although I do hate it when I wake up on the sunday after a defeat and look at the sports pages.

When I was younger it bothered me more. Now, I'm over it pretty quickly. Losing to Hibs is the only defeat that is usually that hard to take.

I was over the Airdrie game before I'd even left the ground. I was surprised at how little it bothered me.

Francis Albert
How long does it take you to get over it.

Depends. A routine game like Saturday, a couple of hours. A cup defeat a few days. A derby defeat, a few weeks. A cup final defeat, at least until the start of the next season. 1965 and 1986, I don't know yet.

Thing is, when we win, it sets you up for the weekend.

It's why the odd (not December/early jan of last season though) defeat can be coped with.

Still have to put it out of my mind and force myself to look at the reports on a Sunday though

I'm in a mood for a couple of days usually, the lochenders obviously takes longer. The 'missus' usually tells me to 'grow up'!

And i'm 60!:)

Archived