On the edge of a knife

Cade

Despite our place on the SPL table, our results are hardly convincing.

3-2 win against M Well

0-2 loss against Rangers

2-1 win against St Midden

2-1 win against Hamilton

2-1 loss against Falkirk

We are what we are at the moment....a bottom half team having a half decent start to the season under a new manager.

We still have crap fullbacks. We still have a lightweight midfield and we STILL have useless strikers.

Nothing much has changed since last year. Or they year before that.

We have very little strength in depth and it showed today. If we can get our "first 11" (whoever that is) fit and playing together week in, week out, we could do okay.

If we continue to play guys out of position and carry on playing 4-5-1 we'll end up struggling to make top 6.

3-2 win against M Well

0-2 loss against Rangers

2-1 win against Hamilton

2-1 loss against Falkirk

We are what we are at the moment....a bottom half team having a half decent start to the season under a new manager.

We still have crap fullbacks. We still have a lightweight midfield and we STILL have useless strikers.

We have very little strength in depth and it showed today. If we can get our "first 11" (whoever that is) fit and playing together week in, week out, we could do okay.

If we continue to play guys out of position and carry on playing 4-5-1 we'll end up struggling to make top 6.

Nonsense.

We have domnated in every game we have played bar the Rankgers game. We could have put 5 past Motherwell with the chances we created, St Mirren were lucky to get 1 and again we should have scored more, again same story at Hamilton who were lucky to get 1 again, and today we weren't great in the 1st half but we dominated again in the 2nd a draw perhaps a fair result, christ even Rankgers did feck all against us and we matched them without threatening them too much.

FFS typical JKB reaction to 1 defeat.

Nonsense.

We have domnated in every game we have played bar the Rankgers game. We could have put 5 past Motherwell with the chances we created, St Mirren were lucky to get 1 and again we should have scored more, again same story at Hamilton who were lucky to get 1 again, and today we weren't great in the 1st half but we dominated again in the 2nd a draw perhaps a fair result, christ even Rankgers did feck all against us and we matched them without threatening them too much.

Lol - how to put a positive spin on another pathetic performance in glasgow! ;) Never did feck all accept score two goals and coast to victory :D

Nevermind though,at least we have your flag to keep us going until the "revolution starts". Barca and Real Madrid must be bricking it - The Romanov Revolution man - watch out :laugh:

If convincing wins are what it takes then Rangers aren't really doing too much of that (other than against us & Celtic) and they're sitting at the top of the league.

Are there any teams in the SPL who have had thoroughly convincing results by these standards? Not really.

winston churchill

3-2 win against M Well

0-2 loss against Rangers

2-1 win against Hamilton

2-1 loss against Falkirk

ibrox apart.

we have bossed every game this season.

hopefully with a thin nade and the great dane up front .............we will put teams away by a couple of goals.

Apart from the game at Castle Greyskull we have been very professional about our business on the park.

Yesterday in the second half IMO we were the only team playing football.

If we continue to play in that manner we will win more games than we will lose.

Christ I have seen us play alot worse and win, also agree with Jerry a thin Nade will cause havoc in the SPL.

Jambof3tornado

The league table doesnt lie. We are exactly where we deserve to be so far this season.

A draw would have been fair yesterday but it didnt happen. Csaba needs to lift the boys for ICT,another battle of a game which doesnt suit some of our players(larry for one).

Mon the Jt's.:)

Nonsense.

The emboldened section is where I think our problem lies. How many chances are we actually creating? I have seen us keep the ball in a relatively advanced area and do very little with it. We seem to be lacking the kind of player that can create and the kind of player that can finish. Kingston SHOULD be doing the former, but he seems to have given up the ghost. We have nobody on our books (accepting that I have never seen Tullberg play) that can finish to any standard.

WE NEED GOAL SCORERS NOW. if not its goin to be an average finish in the spl this season. i was at falkirk and we deserved the 3 points. we just couldnt finish!!!!!!!!!!

After another loss and some seem to think we'll miss out on the top 6 again !

I know were still not a great team but were a great deal better than we where this time last year !

MacDonald Jardine
The emboldened section is where I think our problem lies. How many chances are we actually creating? I have seen us keep the ball in a relatively advanced area and do very little with it. We seem to be lacking the kind of player that can create and the kind of player that can finish. Kingston SHOULD be doing the former, but he seems to have given up the ghost. We have nobody on our books (accepting that I have never seen Tullberg play) that can finish to any standard.

In each of the games I've seen this season (all the home ones bar Airdrie) we've created a number of chances but never looked like taking them.

I agree the results themselves aren't convincing but it's a step up from last year.

That should also mean yesterday was not a convincing defeat but it seems to be the end of the world for some.

Yesterday (from what Hearts World said) seemed to suggest it was the first game where we didn't create a host of chances. And we still hit the bar as well.

In each of the games I've seen this season (all the home ones bar Airdrie) we've created a number of chances but never looked like taking them.

I agree the results themselves aren't convincing but it's a step up from last year.

That should also mean yesterday was not a convincing defeat but it seems to be the end of the world for some.

I have seen three games this season, one of those was the game that JR was referring to re chances. I can think of many situations where we could ALMOST create a chance but did not. I cannot think of many chances that have been squandered (ie shot missed, keeper saved) by the forward.

The emboldened section is where I think our problem lies. How many chances are we actually creating? :eek:I have seen us keep the ball in a relatively advanced area and do very little with it. We seem to be lacking the kind of player that can create and the kind of player that can finish. Kingston SHOULD be doing the former, but he seems to have given up the ghost. We have nobody on our books (accepting that I have never seen Tullberg play) that can finish to any standard.

WE CREATED lots of chances against Murderwell and ST Midden ,not bad against Hamilton and maybe 5 yesterday ,will i agree we lack a predatory striker Nade and Tullberg could be the answer, time will tell eh.:cool:

One thing is correct nothing has changed.

We have lost on the road again.

We done it under jeffries,levein and the varoius other managers in recent times.

Our home form will get us a top six place

WE CREATED lots of chances against Murderwell and ST Midden ,not bad against Hamilton and maybe 5 yesterday ,will i agree we lack a predatory striker Nade and Tullberg could be the answer, time will tell eh.:cool:

Can you remind me of any save that the Motherwell 'keeper had to make?

Can you remind me of any save that the Motherwell 'keeper had to make?

Not necessarily saved but Larry had a shot over the bar, Audrey had a shot saved early on too, Smith saved well from a deflected goalbound effort from Driver, Driver had a shot-come-cross which went just wide, Stewart had his volley punched clear by Smith, then Zal had his shot saved too.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Match/MatchReport/0,,10289~45551,00.html

Spot on. Kingston is just not cutting it at the moment. We don't have a player that is able to both beat a man and then create something and also take the game by the scruff of the neck by doing something special.

Michael Stewart has been doing it at the moment but I can't see him doing it all season.

I still think come the end of the season we will be there or there about when it comes to fighting for 3rd place.

Not necessarily saved but Larry had a shot over the bar, Audrey had a shot saved early on too, Smith saved well from a deflected goalbound effort from Driver, Driver had a shot-come-cross which went just wide, Stewart had his volley punched clear by Smith, then Zal had his shot saved too.

http://www.heartsfc.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Match/MatchReport/0,,10289~45551,00.html

IIRC, Kingston's was high, wide and not so handsome from a fair distance. I remember the Ksanavicius (shame you cannot use his name ;) ) shot now you mention it, Driver's shot was NOT goal bound IIRC and the shot-come-cross was well, well wide.

I have to say I cannot remember the last two "shots".

IIRC, Kingston's was high, wide and not so handsome from a fair distance. I remember the Ksanavicius (shame you cannot use his name ;) ) shot now you mention it, Driver's shot was NOT goal bound IIRC and the shot-come-cross was well, well wide.

You clearly don't remember correctly. Smith made a great save to prevent the ball going in.

:(

You clearly don't remember correctly. Smith made a great save to prevent the ball going in.

The more I think about it, was that the one that had a huge deflection and Smith saved just under the bar? If so, then my initial recollection was incorrect. however, that could hardly be construed as some sort of "attempt" given the ONLY reason it threatened the goal was the Motherwell deflection.

JR knows exactly what I am referring to.:)

I like to highlight silly remarks but had no idea it was a joke between fellow Kbers :P

My bad.

The more I think about it, was that the one that had a huge deflection and Smith saved just under the bar? If so, then my initial recollection was incorrect. however, that could hardly be construed as some sort of "attempt" given the ONLY reason it threatened the goal was the Motherwell deflection.

You asked a question I answered I can't help it if you didn't like the answer.

Ask yourself two questions, was it a chance ? was it a save ?

Is that right ?

Seems he doesn't. You had a go at someone not so long ago because they would not use the name of a player, now you refer to a player with a ladies name. Wouldn't be because he is Lithuanian would it?:eek:

You asked a question I answered I can't help it if you didn't like the answer.

Ask yourself two questions, was it a chance ? was it a save ?

I made concessions on my original reply. I will not concede something that I do not believe.

For your two questions, I would answer no, it wasn't a chance and yes it was a save.

Seems he doesn't. You had a go at someone not so long ago because they would not use the name of a player, now you refer to a player with a ladies name. Wouldn't be because he is Lithuanian would it?:eek:

What if he'd called him Shammy?

Long range deflected efforts doesn't really count as CREATING an opportunity. So I agree with you on that one. Really don't think we've been creating all that much. Alot of possession with no cutting edge.

Yeah, cos that is the same right enough isn't it. Don't bother replying you will just make an even bigger fool out of yourself.

I like to highlight silly remarks but had no idea it was a joke between fellow Kbers :P

My bad.

No probs mate, seems he doesn't remember anyway!:)

Yeah, cos that is the same right enough isn't it. Don't bother replying you will just make an even bigger fool out of yourself.

Coming from the guy with the Romanov flag that he is too scared to take out the house now? :rofl:

I made concessions on my original reply. I will not concede something that I do not believe.

For your two questions, I would answer no, it wasn't a chance and yes it was a save.

Please define chance. This should be funny.

Coming from the guy with the Romanov flag that he is too scared to take out the house now? :rofl:

Brilliant is that best you can come up with, really ? Bravo.

You lose.

3-2 win against M Well

0-2 loss against Rangers

2-1 win against Hamilton

2-1 loss against Falkirk

Bit melodramtic- but I can see the point. Shabba talks the talk - but the Jury is still out.

Motherwell - Decent performance - Ist Home game new regime - Good result.

Rangers - Solid-ish - No attack - Expected defeat.

St Mirren - Against 10 men - Handful of chances ( no more ! ) Got the points.

Airdie - Dismal performance. Got beat.

Hamilton - Decent performance - Bottle almost crashes at end - Decent result.

Falkirk - Slow out the traps - Spiritred response - Not enough creation - Predictable result.( And enoying baw faced Hughes humping us again ! )

So - Absolute no chance of splitting OF. But based on the facts that the others are all a bit pish so far - we have a chance of top 4 - but in saying that if we don't install someone who can take a chance & find a bit space in the box - ( as the weather gets worse and it becomes even more difficult to walk the ball into the net ! ) we could just as easily end up in the bottom 6 again !

In saying that Eggert at right back is a good shout - Can we find someone to play left back now ?

This shouldnt be a problem IF Csaba makes the nessocery changes.

Larry needs dropped, plain and simple. We need to play 4-4-2 with Mole and the now slim Nade, with Mole doing the hard work so Nade can last as long as possible.

Hopefully Driver will be fit again, start him with Miko on the wings, and have Stewart inside, partnering either Ruben (please!) or if not the Karapidis wouldnt be terrible.

The defence picks itself however I would like to see Wallace replaced, no sure with whom yet.

If we insist of playing 4-4-1-1 then at least play Miko in the hole, with Chesney right.

I wish I was manager!

Guest JamboRobbo
You are right we have one in Csaba. 10 out of 10 for stating the obvious, do you want a prize ?

Obviously the point he is making is that you hardly have a great track record for being right on this subject, given you were saying "we don't need a manager" BEFORE we appointed Csaba.

As an alternative perspective.....

How many of these 5 league fixtures would we have won last year?

Motherwell, St Mirren and Hamilton are the kinda fixtures we'd have struggled in last year.... we've won all those.

Falkirk, we lost to a late winner.

Rangers, although in the minority, I still believe we were worth a point there - dont think 2-0 told the story very well at all.

I'm not panicing just yet.

I think people just need to calm down a wee bitty. OK - we lost to Falkirk - 2nd defeat of the season (league that is). So what? If JKB had been around in season 85-86, it would have been in meltdown as late as October due to the mediocre (crap?) start to the season. Look what happened there.

I'm not saying the same will happen again - I'm sure it won't. But the point is, we have to allow Csaba and the team time to settle, and not judge them on the first few results/performances. There is a long way to go. We have a long way to go. But please give the man a chance. I, for one, think we're on a better road this season than we have been since the heady days of 2005. Just be patient!!

Archived