Today

PTBCAL

Another sell out away support.

Another show of fantastic backing by the fans.

Another 'usual' result away to Falkirk.

But not our usual display. At times (pretty much all of the 2nd half) we sliced them open with our football but the lack of killer instinct/cutting edge is hurting us. I honestly thought we played very well today and a team with 2 chances on goal won the game - that's football.

A defeat YES - but I saw more signs today that we are moving forward.

This is not the same old Hearts team from the last 2 seasons - no way.

But unfortunately it is the same old Hearts upfront with nobody who knows where the six yard box is and nobody who want's to score goals on a regular basis.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

But not our usual display. At times (pretty much all of the 2nd half) we sliced them open with our football but the lack of killer instinct/cutting edge is hurting us. I honestly thought we played very well today and a team with 2 chances on goal won the game - that's football.

What on earth difference does that make other than a nice pay day for Falkirk FC?

The size of our support has absolutely NO effect on performance on the park.

If it did we would be winning trophies all the time. Not 2 in 46 years.

We lost. Again.

As Alex Baldwin said in "Glengarry Glen Ross": A loser is a loser.

That's Hearts. Even in the "Believe" era.

According to Donkey today was the worst game of football he has ever seen... I wasn't there so can't comment but that doesn't sound to me like we played well.....

jamboinglasgow
According to Donkey today was the worst game of football he has ever seen... I wasn't there so can't comment but that doesn't sound to me like we played well.....

really? I have seen worse games from hearts.

Donkey is making an ass of himself if he thinks today was the worst game of football he's ever seen , it was a hard fought SPL match with some decent play and some poor play from both teams but it was competitive and reasonably entertaining if ultimately frustrating for Hearts fans but it was nowhere even close to being in the 'worst ever' category ...... sorry but Donkey is just slavering there if that's what he thinks about todays game.

Donkey is making an ass of himself if he thinks today was the worst game of football he's ever seen , it was a hard fought SPL match with some decent play and some poor play from both teams but it was competitive and reasonably entertaining if ultimately frustrating for Hearts fans but it was nowhere even close to being in the 'worst ever' category ...... sorry but Donkey is just slavering there if that's what he thinks about todays game.

As I say, I wasn't there but this was on TALK 107 straight after the final whistle, so maybe jsut frustration at loosing a late goal......

The Old Tolbooth
But unfortunately it is the same old Hearts upfront with nobody who knows where the six yard box is and nobody who want's to score goals on a regular basis.

To be fair I think PTBCAL covered that point in his original post mate.

To be fair I think PTBCAL covered that point in his original post mate.

That's why I only picked out the part that said "the same old Hearts team from the last 2 seasons" because we are just as inept up front now as we have been during that period if not moreso.

Ask the Hobos that based on a certain semi final at Hampden - see if they agree

What on earth difference does that make other than a nice pay day for Falkirk FC?

If it did we would be winning trophies all the time. Not 2 in 46 years.

We lost. Again.

As Alex Baldwin said in "Glengarry Glen Ross": A loser is a loser.

That's Hearts. Even in the "Believe" era.

Where you there caller?

Probably Not.

Dry your eyes.

Bang on. Hearts of 2 seasons ago and Hearts of last season would be winless and possibly pointless at this stage. And that's why I'm behind Csaba.

It also highlights how much of a shambles F®ail was in pretty much all aspects, IMO.

portobellojambo1

I certainly wouldn't go that far, I have been to many football games that rank as much worse than what was on show yesterday. However I would disagree with PTBCAL, where he says we played well, we didn't, otherwise we would have won the game.

We approached the game with the wrong tactics/team selection, which showed for the first half and the first half of the second half. As soon as Stewart equalised there should only have been one winner in the game, but we contrived to lose it, by failing to go for the jugular. Our weaknesses up front were shown up once again, when we really needed players who could get into the box. Nade made a huge difference, but Nade should have had a penalty box striker beside him, the way he plays means he is never going to look for the man in the hole, he is looking to have someone around him in the same area, the penalty box, to finish off his work.

To me that is not the team playing well, we know how Falkirk are going to play, and we keep failing against them, or at the very least struggling against them, certainly through there. Playing well involves an element of preparing well,with regards to how to beat the opposition, and selecting the right personnel to do it. If on the day the opposition is better than you, then you accept that and get on with it, but truth is that was not a good Falkirk side we were playing yesterday, and we should have won the game, we didn't.

The Old Tolbooth
That's why I only picked out the part that said "the same old Hearts team from the last 2 seasons" because we are just as inept up front now as we have been during that period if not moreso.

That point certainly cant be argued mate that's for sure, I cant believe Glens not been started up front yet and think that both him and Tullberg (hopefully) can make a difference.

Bang on. Hearts of 2 seasons ago and Hearts of last season would be winless and possibly pointless at this stage. And that's why I'm behind Csaba.

It also highlights how much of a shambles F®ail was in pretty much all aspects, IMO.

The Hearts of 2 Seasons ago were joint top of the SPL after 5 matches.

I think we were on a hiding to nothing yesterrday. Wasnt there so not commenting on performance, but it aint easy when we have so many away on international duty, especially when some come back injured.

Csaba still working with the team re shape etc so to miss these guys for a week wasnt ideal. But on the other hand delighted to have so many internationals at the club

Just find it hard to over-react to this defeat. Time will tell

I agree the backing from the fans was once again superb and I agree that we are playing better football than last season - but until we sort out the lack of a cutting edge that you refer to, by bringing in players that score goals - I'm afraid we will continue to lose to poor teams like Falkirk.

And here lies the problem!

Too many fans are prepared to accept the current situation, We have too many fans that are easily pleased!!!

I agree with you. Very unlucky not to trake something from the game and Berra hitting the bar in added time summed up our lack of good fortune. Had the stonewall penalty been flagged for by the incompetent/cheating assistant on the far side, we would have won the game without much doubt.

Depressing result, but not the end of the world.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Where you there caller?

Probably Not.

Dry your eyes.[/QUOTE]

I will, if you wipe the brown stuff of your mouth.

Where you there caller?

Probably Not.

Dry your eyes.[/QUOTE]

I will' date=' if you wipe the brown stuff of your mouth.[/quote']

You at the game? So how did Hearts play in general etc.. na didn't think so.

I suspect you weren't as we only witness your ramblings at the time of bad news, defeats etc...

For risk of a ban I said to my mate driving back from the game 'I bet the usual Elmers will be on tonight - espically the one that likes Bob Dylan'.

Needless to say I was not shocked or disappointed.

Keep up the good work.

The Old Tolbooth

Just a thought but would it be fair to say that Sir Alex Ferguson was almost sacked by Man Utd after a draw in an FA Cup semi final with Crystal Palace, and look at where he is now!

Give the man time to do what he wants with the squad, Rome wasn't built in a day ffs!

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

You at the game? So how did Hearts play in general etc.. na didn't think so.

I suspect you weren't as we only witness your ramblings at the time of bad news' date=' defeats etc...

For risk of a ban I said to my mate driving back from the game 'I bet the usual Elmers will be on tonight - espically the one that likes Bob Dylan'.

Needless to say I was not shocked or disappointed.

Keep up the good work.[/quote']

I forgot you are an eminent radio celebrity / all time greatest Hearts fan in between taxi-driving.

I aint disappointed in you at all.

Keep up the good work (for Romanov).

I forgot you are an eminent radio celebrity / all time greatest Hearts fan in between taxi-driving.

I aint disappointed in you at all.

Keep up the good work (for Romanov).

Black cab owner - I have people who work for me. ;)

There is a shift going on a Saturday afternoon - I hear you have some spare time between the hours of 3-5pm.

Interested. Apply within.

I thought this was the best thread to post my thoughts - the OP probably doesnt see eye to eye with me on things but he does try and debate things sensibly. This is appreciated.

The Falkirk game was my first of the season. I have moved away from Edinburgh and this was my first weekend back since the season started.

As Hearts fans we will all be disappointed with the result. Delve deeper and we will start to disagree. This is nothing unusual and would have happened pre-Vlad.

I have a new frame of mind this season given my lack of proximity. It is not supportive of Vlad more a biding of time until he moves on. So with this in mind 4 words sum up yesterday in my mind, but are worthy of further exploration

Wrong formation, wrong players.

What an awful system it really is that the committee appears to favour. Awful.

First half yesterday we had a striker running the channels quite well but woefully isolated, and nobody with any presence inside him to play off.

Second half yesterday we had a striker with presence doing damage centrally in the faces of centre backs but with no partner to benefit from his work. He even had to chase his own head flick on at one point.

Can we set aside our Vlad stance differences to agree that anyone with a modicum of footballing sense would have played Nade and Mole at least for 20 minutes at the start of the second half when chasing a game a goal down? Is it not obvious that without being world beaters there styles would have complimented each other?

OK, if not consider this.

When playing only one striker it is surely essential that the striker is backed up with attacking midfielders.

We played nearly all of the game yesterday with 2 defensively minded players (Kari and Adrian) a link (albeit it attack minded) central midfielder in Stewart, and 2 attacking wing type players.

Even in insisting in playing this formation the players that played it were wrong, just plain wrong.

Get this for people that think I might just have an agenda.

I thought Zali was 2nd only to Stewart as our best player, and I actually thought Adrian looked a "neat" enough player.

He simply was not the right choice however for the attack supporting role from midfield. Not right at all. I'm not sure how strong an argument could be made for that being the right choice for him - ignore whether we thought he was a good player, was he the right player for the position?

Who was the better choice? Gary Glen is fairly obvious. I note with interest the other thread on that issue.

Less experienced? Who has more experience of the SPL, Glen or Adrian

Other than that?

Sorry, but I was disappointed. Pass and move I had heard about. Well there was practically no movement first half. A little more second half and I think both Nade and Audrey (see no agenda) improved our time. That said I think Mole and Nade together would have improved us more.

Csaba?

Oh dear. He was one of the positives I was grasping on to. And yes he has improved things.

But he cut quite a Rix-like figure leaning against the dug out most of the game. I didnt see the passion spoken of, the coaching from the side the motivation. I'm sure its been there previously, not on Saturday.

Flexibility of formation he has spoken about. The players need to be able to play different formations. True, very true. Doesnt the manager need this flexibility also? He has been dogged in not giving 2 strikers game time together this season.

Disappointing.

We are a little better than we were last season. Not as likely to capitulate. We are not as good as some people have been trying to make out on here.

And I dont think Csaba has as much authority as he needs, and I wonder whether his demeanor on Saturday was the start of it getting to him.

I thought this was the best thread to post my thoughts - the OP probably doesnt see eye to eye with me on things but he does try and debate things sensibly. This is appreciated.

The Falkirk game was my first of the season. I have moved away from Edinburgh and this was my first weekend back since the season started.

As Hearts fans we will all be disappointed with the result. Delve deeper and we will start to disagree. This is nothing unusual and would have happened pre-Vlad.

I have a new frame of mind this season given my lack of proximity. It is not supportive of Vlad more a biding of time until he moves on. So with this in mind 4 words sum up yesterday in my mind, but are worthy of further exploration

Wrong formation, wrong players.

What an awful system it really is that the committee appears to favour. Awful.

First half yesterday we had a striker running the channels quite well but woefully isolated, and nobody with any presence inside him to play off.

Second half yesterday we had a striker with presence doing damage centrally in the faces of centre backs but with no partner to benefit from his work. He even had to chase his own head flick on at one point.

Can we set aside our Vlad stance differences to agree that anyone with a modicum of footballing sense would have played Nade and Mole at least for 20 minutes at the start of the second half when chasing a game a goal down? Is it not obvious that without being world beaters there styles would have complimented each other?

OK, if not consider this.

When playing only one striker it is surely essential that the striker is backed up with attacking midfielders.

We played nearly all of the game yesterday with 2 defensively minded players (Kari and Adrian) a link (albeit it attack minded) central midfielder in Stewart, and 2 attacking wing type players.

Even in insisting in playing this formation the players that played it were wrong, just plain wrong.

Get this for people that think I might just have an agenda.

I thought Zali was 2nd only to Stewart as our best player, and I actually thought Adrian looked a "neat" enough player.

He simply was not the right choice however for the attack supporting role from midfield. Not right at all. I'm not sure how strong an argument could be made for that being the right choice for him - ignore whether we thought he was a good player, was he the right player for the position?

Who was the better choice? Gary Glen is fairly obvious. I note with interest the other thread on that issue.

Less experienced? Who has more experience of the SPL, Glen or Adrian

Other than that?

Sorry, but I was disappointed. Pass and move I had heard about. Well there was practically no movement first half. A little more second half and I think both Nade and Audrey (see no agenda) improved our time. That said I think Mole and Nade together would have improved us more.

Csaba?

Oh dear. He was one of the positives I was grasping on to. And yes he has improved things.

But he cut quite a Rix-like figure leaning against the dug out most of the game. I didnt see the passion spoken of, the coaching from the side the motivation. I'm sure its been there previously, not on Saturday.

Flexibility of formation he has spoken about. The players need to be able to play different formations. True, very true. Doesnt the manager need this flexibility also? He has been dogged in not giving 2 strikers game time together this season.

Disappointing.

We are a little better than we were last season. Not as likely to capitulate. We are not as good as some people have been trying to make out on here.

And I dont think Csaba has as much authority as he needs, and I wonder whether his demeanor on Saturday was the start of it getting to him.

Performance wise we are night and day from last season or so.

Unfortunately result wise we are not. We always lose away to Falkirk.

I am greatly encouraged by what I have seen this season and I have no doubt given time things will improve but we must give Csaba time.

Already we are questioning whether he is right for the job 5 or 6 games in.

Already we are questioning whether he is right for the job 5 or 6 games in.

I'm not.

I'm on record as saying that Csaba is probably as good as it will get with Vlad.

What I am wondering is whether or not making decisions "together" all the time is getting to him already. Particularly when he knows it is affecting our results.

I am prepared to accept there is some truth in the Glen rumour. I am not angry or kicking hats about this - this is life under Vlad, we have to adapt to it.

But ultimately I do think that the guy in the headlights will always eventually start to get worn down fronting decisions he doesnt agree with, no matter how much he has signed up to the gig.

Ivanauskas is proof of that pudding - and I like him at the outset too.

I was going to go but I opted out at the 11th hour.

I went to Falkirk the last time the team disgraced our great fans tho

Respect to each and every fan who made the journey. The players let us all down. They have zero respect for us.

Do not give a sh** that many people who made the journey probably couldn't afford it and spoilt the remainder of their weekend.

They just don't give a toss

The People's Chimp
And here lies the problem!

Too many fans are prepared to accept the current situation, We have too many fans that are easily pleased!!!

You obviously weren't at tynecastle very much last season...

I'm not.

I'm on record as saying that Csaba is probably as good as it will get with Vlad.

What I am wondering is whether or not making decisions "together" all the time is getting to him already. Particularly when he knows it is affecting our results.

I am prepared to accept there is some truth in the Glen rumour. I am not angry or kicking hats about this - this is life under Vlad, we have to adapt to it.

But ultimately I do think that the guy in the headlights will always eventually start to get worn down fronting decisions he doesnt agree with, no matter how much he has signed up to the gig.

Ivanauskas is proof of that pudding - and I like him at the outset too.

And I'd probably agree with that.

I'd definitely disagree with the notion that he might get worn down : Csaba is working in a 'European' set up and Vlad has rescued him from darkest Africa.

It doesn't matter how good a coach Csaba is , you can't make a silk purse from a sows ear. I've only seen the game v St Mirren and that is enough to convince me we do not have the players capable of getting results. Add to that , bewildering tactics at home againt a team who had 9 men behind the ball : why are we playing a defensive midfielder in these games. One minute Karipidis is being lauded for that performance on JKB ( which baffles me , he will never be a midfielder of any quality, not even in the SPL) and the next he is getting slaughtered.

The full backs couldn't cross the street , one can't defend, there is a dismal lack of attacking options in midfield and we don't have a decent forward at the club.

And ultimately I'm sure Csaba is quite happy to go along with whatever Vlad wants to do. Plus ca change and all that.

As for the guy who says it's a pity that our internationals don't perform like internationals : why does the diving oxygen thief that is Miko do so well for his country ? He hasn't done anything in nearly 3 years at Hearts. He puts in an occasional good performance against Hobos or Motherwell or whoever and all of a sudden he is forgiven. If this was a OF player we are talking about most on here would say ' serves him right , he's made his bed and all that by diving continuously but now he's been found out' . But no. It's Miko , and he's a Jambo and he's getting picked on.

It's the same old , same old of the last two seasons. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves.

And I'd probably agree with that.

I'd definitely disagree with the notion that he might get worn down : Csaba is working in a 'European' set up and Vlad has rescued him from darkest Africa.

It doesn't matter how good a coach Csaba is , you can't make a silk purse from a sows ear. I've only seen the game v St Mirren and that is enough to convince me we do not have the players capable of getting results. Add to that , bewildering tactics at home againt a team who had 9 men behind the ball : why are we playing a defensive midfielder in these games. One minute Karipidis is being lauded for that performance on JKB ( which baffles me , he will never be a midfielder of any quality, not even in the SPL) and the next he is getting slaughtered.

The full backs couldn't cross the street , one can't defend, there is a dismal lack of attacking options in midfield and we don't have a decent forward at the club.

And ultimately I'm sure Csaba is quite happy to go along with whatever Vlad wants to do. Plus ca change and all that.

As for the guy who says it's a pity that our internationals don't perform like internationals : why does the diving oxygen thief that is Miko do so well for his country ? He hasn't done anything in nearly 3 years at Hearts. He puts in an occasional good performance against Hobos or Motherwell or whoever and all of a sudden he is forgiven. If this was a OF player we are talking about most on here would say ' serves him right , he's made his bed and all that by diving continuously but now he's been found out' . But no. It's Miko , and he's a Jambo and he's getting picked on.

It's the same old , same old of the last two seasons. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluding themselves.

I nearly agree with every part of what you post.

I called for Miko to get a start due to the form I heard he had shown. Yet again he delivered nothing.

We have to persever with Wallace - we've got a squad with no senior cover for left back. Appalling isnt it?

I do disagree about Csaba.

He appears to have a heart, a soul. I think his character will not allow him to front footballing decisions he doesnt agree with long term. He is too passionate about football to lead something he doesnt agree with long term.

Whether or not he agrees with the formation or players selected to date is still a moot point. I doubt he fully agreed with what was fielded on Saturday

If you heard Csaba talking about the interference, trouble making and corruption in Uganda, you'd possibly think he can handle Romanov saying 'play Mrowiec this week'.

I nearly agree with every part of what you post.

I called for Miko to get a start due to the form I heard he had shown. Yet again he delivered nothing.

We have to persever with Wallace - we've got a squad with no senior cover for left back. Appalling isnt it?

I do disagree about Csaba.

He appears to have a heart, a soul. I think his character will not allow him to front footballing decisions he doesnt agree with long term. He is too passionate about football to lead something he doesnt agree with long term.

Whether or not he agrees with the formation or players selected to date is still a moot point. I doubt he fully agreed with what was fielded on Saturday

I hope you're right but ultimately , none of us know.

As for your last point , again , none of us knows for sure. My feeling is he knows where his bread is buttered. I don't see him walking out of Tynie over a disagreement on tactics or personnel. Not that I want him to walk : I think he has brought a freshness and new insight , but ultimately , it isn't going to deliver for reasons already well debated on here.

I was going to go but I opted out at the 11th hour.

I went to Falkirk the last time the team disgraced our great fans tho

Respect to each and every fan who made the journey. The players let us all down. They have zero respect for us.

Do not give a sh** that many people who made the journey probably couldn't afford it and spoilt the remainder of their weekend.

They just don't give a toss

There's a shock. :)

So your thread about Csaba leaving is actually based on four league games with a 75% win rate?

:D

If you heard Csaba talking about the interference, trouble making and corruption in Uganda, you'd possibly think he can handle Romanov saying 'play Mrowiec this week'.

Possibly. I think he will grow to have too much respect for the players and fans

Just a gut instinct.

I think Vlad trusted him to work with how he wanted him to work more than Cuceiro, which is why Cuceiro is "on trial" at Kaunas at the moment.

I do think we'll see Cuceiro at some stage

Possibly. I think he will grow to have too much respect for the players and fans

Just a gut instinct.

I think Vlad trusted him to work with how he wanted him to work more than Cuceiro, which is why Cuceiro is "on trial" at Kaunas at the moment.

I do think we'll see Cuceiro at some stage

Couceiro might end up in a better job before we get the chance to see him at this rate.

There's a shock. :)

So your thread about Csaba leaving is actually based on four league games with a 75% win rate?

:D

Would you give it a rest!!!!!!!!

I don't have to explain myself to you

I am as fanatical as you could possibly EVER get when it comes to Hearts

Couceiro might end up in a better job before we get the chance to see him at this rate.

Interesting discussion point - has a manager under Vlad ever left because he has done so well he has been headhunted??

How on earth would Vlad deal with that....

Interesting discussion point - has a manager under Vlad ever left because he has done so well he has been headhunted??

How on earth would Vlad deal with that....

Is that an oxymoron ?

Would you give it a rest!!!!!!!!

I don't have to explain myself to you

I am as fanatical as you could possibly EVER get when it comes to Hearts

I'm quite sure you are. Fanatic is where the word fan comes from btw, you so you're calling yourself a better fan than the rest of us.

:)

Archived