Why is anyone surprised..........

Clerry Jambo

.......with todays result.

For yet another transfer window goes by and we don't improve our FIRST ELEVEN:mad:

No this is not a thread born after a defeat.

We are all aware that we didn't strengthen our strikeforce sufficiently to consistently get results like we should have done today.

No, we can't expect to win every game, but we are not giving ourselves a chance with the formation we are putting out.

For a club like Hearts NOT to have at least 2 recognised and FIT strikers IMHO is a disgrace.

This is not a Shabba knocking thread because he can only **** with...........you know the rest.

We play in a very average SPL League and unfortunately we are VERY AVERAGE.........if we had invested a bit dosh in above average SPL strikers we WOULD be top of the table FACT

I think that they must have been counting on Kingston moving in the window. But clearly nobody was interested in this 'world class' player.

First window in a while that we didn't raise any transfer fees. Which meant no money available for decent new players (though the goalie looks like a good transfer).

siegementality
.......with todays result.

For yet another transfer window goes by and we don't improve our FIRST ELEVEN:mad:

No this is not a thread born after a defeat.

We are all aware that we didn't strengthen our strikeforce sufficiently to consistently get results like we should have done today.

No, we can't expect to win every game, but we are not giving ourselves a chance with the formation we are putting out.

For a club like Hearts NOT to have at least 2 recognised and FIT strikers IMHO is a disgrace.

This is not a Shabba knocking thread because he can only **** with...........you know the rest.

We play in a very average SPL League and unfortunately we are VERY AVERAGE.........if we had invested a bit dosh in above average SPL strikers we WOULD be top of the table FACT

Ditto.

So why is it born tonight, after a defeat. Would you have posted the same had we won?

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Cracking reply.

This thread is obviously born after a defeat, as I'm reading it tonight.

You're talking pish.

siegementality
So why is it born tonight, after a defeat. Would you have posted the same had we won?

So, just to clarify, we didn't need to strengthen our strikeforce further during the transfer window and you are happy with the attacking options available, is that right?

So, just to clarify, we didn't need to strengthen our strikeforce further during the transfer window and you are happy with the attacking options available, is that right?

Just to clarify, I said nothing of the sort, either way. I questioned the opening poster who stated this thread 'wasn't born after a defeat'.

Just to clarify.

siegementality
Just to clarify, I said nothing of the sort, either way. I questioned the opening poster who stated this thread 'wasn't born after a defeat'.

Just to clarify.

I think you made you're point about that, it's quite clear.

Is there anything more interesting you'd to add? Like to respond to his main point, or do you prefer to pick out that one line?

Cracking reply.

This thread is obviously born after a defeat, as I'm reading it tonight.

You're talking pish.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

Listen bunyip:eek: why would i have posted the above if the JT'S had got a result today:eek:

I am not a poster who will shout from the rooftops after a jambo win!

Bottom Line - IMHO we have not improved our squad in the last 3 or 4 transfer windaes, yes we had a decent start by beating the MIGHTY murderwell, st midden and Hamilton Accies, feckin world beaters eh!!

We have been run like a Sunday amateur team for the last 2 years and wont improve until that changes - not rocket science for feck sake:mad:

siegementality
HAHAHAHAHAHA

Listen bunyip:eek: why would i have posted the above if the JT'S had got a result today:eek:

I am not a poster who will shout from the rooftops after a jambo win!

Bottom Line - IMHO we have not improved our squad in the last 3 or 4 transfer windaes, yes we had a decent start by beating the MIGHTY murderwell, st midden and Hamilton Accies, feckin world beaters eh!!

We have been run like a Sunday amateur team for the last 2 years and wont improve until that changes - not rocket science for feck sake:mad:

It is for some.

Is there anything more interesting you'd to add? Like to respond to his main point, or do you prefer to pick out that one line?

Seeing as that was what I quoted, It would appear so. :dunce:

Next time I decide to do similar, I'll be sure and run it by you first.

Of course I could just quote the whole post and reply with 'ditto' because that would add a whole lot to the debate.

It is for some.

Hey Siege - I admit avin a few bevvies the day but thanks for the support.

I admit to being the an old bugger and hate seeing the jambos getting beat especially yet again with the last kick o the ba' - typical jambos eh!!

First window in a while that we didn't raise any transfer fees.

Apart from the ?2.3M we got for Bednar.

We also got rid of two of our biggest earners in Tall and Pinilla saving us another ?1M per season.

TBH I think its a farce that we didn't at least get 2 or 3 hundred thousand to get us the striker we all knew we needed.

We also got rid of two of our biggest earners in Tall and Pinilla saving us another ?1M per season.

TBH I think its a farce that we didn't at least get 2 or 3 hundred thousand to get us the striker we all knew we needed.

Exactly mate and I fear we may regret not investing in the said area.

siegementality
Seeing as that was what I quoted, It would appear so. :dunce:

Next time I decide to do similar, I'll be sure and run it by you first.

Of course I could just quote the whole post and reply with 'ditto' because that would add a whole lot to the debate.

Believe me the "ditto" added a bit more to the debate than your pesh about wether the post was born from a defeat or not, who the feck cares, the man has a point, we should have improved our strike force during the window, we didn't I think that was a mistake that will cost us.

Incidentally you will note from the above that I am in agreement with Clerry Jambo, hence the "ditto".

Now you made your point, feel free to jog on.

Dunno what our wage bill is now, but sure I have read it was ?12 million last year.

So.....lets say its now down by a third..........to ?8,000,000.

So we have an ?8,000,000 car that can't beat a ?2,000,000 car (Falkirk).

We are still a team of MEGA underachievers.

:(

siegementality
Hey Siege - I admit avin a few bevvies the day but thanks for the support.

I admit to being the an old bugger and hate seeing the jambos getting beat especially yet again with the last kick o the ba' - typical jambos eh!!

It appears we are old "buggers". Apparently the new breed of Jambos accepts defeat and still maintains everything is fine. I prefer the old fashioned way of supporting Hearts by being totally fecked off when we get beat and only slightly less fecked off when we draw. I don't think I'll bother changing that attitude either.

Believe me the "ditto" added a bit more to the debate than your pesh about wether the post was born from a defeat or not, who the feck cares,

Him, apparently.

we should have improved our strike force during the window, we didn't I think that was a mistake that will cost us.

As do I.

Incidentally you will note from the above that I am in agreement with Clerry Jambo' date=' hence the "ditto".

Now you made your point, feel free to jog on.[/quote']

I'll stay for the time being, you amuse me. Thanks all the same.

It appears we are old "buggers". Apparently the new breed of Jambos accepts defeat and still maintains everything is fine. I prefer the old fashioned way of supporting Hearts by being totally fecked off when we get beat and only slightly less fecked off when we draw. I don't think I'll bother changing that attitude either.

Hear Hear my friend............

siegementality
Him, apparently.

As do I.

I'll stay for the time being, you amuse me. Thanks all the same.

Well done, that almost constitutes being involved in a debate, you are learning young Jedi.

Now hang around for a bit and you might learn a wee bit more, I'll even throw in a bit more amusement for free.

Well done, that almost constitutes being involved in a debate, you are learning young Jedi.

As does 'ditto' according to you.

Now hang around for a bit and you might learn a wee bit more, I'll even thrown in a bit more amusement for free.

I've been here all night, I doubt very much you'll be able to teach me anything.

Amuse me, yes, as I stated.

TBH I think its a farce that we didn't at least get 2 or 3 hundred thousand to get us the striker we all knew we needed.[/QUOTE]

That's because Kaunas don't have a decent Lith striker available just now. Where else do we buy from after all - oh, forgot about Uganda - that hotbed of football talent.

Season 1995/6: Heart of Midlothian (4th, rejuvenated under JJ) 2-5 Partick Thistle (9th, heading for the drop)

Season 1996/7: Dundee United (struggling, looking set for a relegation battle, one win to date that season) 1-0 Heart of Midlothian (continuing the progress of JJ's first season, and into the League Cup Final too)

Season 1997/8: Hibernian (bottom, going down, worst Hibs side of my lifetime) 2-1 Heart of Midlothian (title contenders all season, and over the piece, the best Hearts side of my lifetime)

Season 1998/9: Hearts expected to challenge for the title; Dundee regarded as near certs for the drop. Result? Heart of Midlothian 0 pts, Dundee 12 pts.

Season 1999/0: Dundee (no wins at home to date) 1-0 Heart of Midlothian (going nicely, looking like European contenders)

Season 2001/2: Heart of Midlothian (nothing special, but 5th and recovering after a troubled winter) 1-3 St Johnstone (bottom, dead and gone)

Season 2002/3: Motherwell (bottom, should by rights have been relegated) 6-1 Heart of Midlothian (started surprisingly well, would go on to clinch a deserved 3rd place)

Season 2003/4: Partick Thistle (bottom, going down) 1-0 Heart of Midlothian (walked 3rd place, 15 points ahead of 4th)

Season 2004/5: Hearts expected to finish 3rd, Motherwell expected to struggle. Results over our five games? Hearts 0 wins, Motherwell 4 wins (including a League Cup semi-final), and 1 draw.

Season 2006/7: Scottish Cup fourth round: Dunfermline Athletic (bottom, going down) 1-0 Heart of Midlothian (Cup holders)

Season 2007/8: Gretna prove the worst team in SPL history. Results over our four league meetings? Hearts one win, Gretna one win, and two draws.

So no, I'm not surprised - and I'm hardly losing any sleep over it either. As a Hearts fan (and indeed, as a fan of any non-Old Firm club), it was ever thus.

Season 1995/6: Heart of Midlothian (4th, rejuvenated under JJ) 2-5 Partick Thistle (9th, heading for the drop)

Season 1996/7: Dundee United (struggling, looking set for a relegation battle, one win to date that season) 1-0 Heart of Midlothian (continuing the progress of JJ's first season, and into the League Cup Final too)

Season 1997/8: Hibernian (bottom, going down, worst Hibs side of my lifetime) 2-1 Heart of Midlothian (title contenders all season, and over the piece, the best Hearts side of my lifetime)

Season 1998/9: Hearts expected to challenge for the title; Dundee regarded as near certs for the drop. Result? Heart of Midlothian 0 pts, Dundee 12 pts.

Season 1999/0: Dundee (no wins at home to date) 1-0 Heart of Midlothian (going nicely, looking like European contenders)

Season 2001/2: Heart of Midlothian (nothing special, but 5th and recovering after a troubled winter) 1-3 St Johnstone (bottom, dead and gone)

Season 2002/3: Motherwell (bottom, should by rights have been relegated) 6-1 Heart of Midlothian (started surprisingly well, would go on to clinch a deserved 3rd place)

Season 2003/4: Partick Thistle (bottom, going down) 1-0 Heart of Midlothian (walked 3rd place, 15 points ahead of 4th)

Season 2004/5: Hearts expected to finish 3rd, Motherwell expected to struggle. Results over our five games? Hearts 0 wins, Motherwell 4 wins (including a League Cup semi-final), and 1 draw.

Season 2006/7: Scottish Cup fourth round: Dunfermline Athletic (bottom, going down) 1-0 Heart of Midlothian (Cup holders)

Season 2007/8: Gretna prove the worst team in SPL history. Results over our four league meetings? Hearts one win, Gretna one win, and two draws.

So no, I'm not surprised - and I'm hardly losing any sleep over it either. As a Hearts fan (and indeed, as a fan of any non-Old Firm club), it was ever thus.

Well thats fine then - lets all just subscribe to setanta and watch 2 average Old Firm sides battle for the title with daylight in third place:mad:

Well thats fine then - lets all just subscribe to setanta and watch 2 average Old Firm sides battle for the title with daylight in third place:mad:

So you think we should be challenging for the title? Despite doing so around once every decade on average (or twice if we're lucky), and finishing 8th last season?! :eek:

So you think we should be challenging for the title? Despite doing so around once every decade on average (or twice if we're lucky), and finishing 8th last season?! :eek:

Never said we should be challenging for the title.........BUT with a guy who allegedly has a wee bit dosh in his sky rocket we should be cementing our position as 3rd best in the country.

siegementality

Shaun, I have to say I'm surprised by your attitude. We should have ambition enough to challenge for the title. There seems to be far too many people on here now who just accept that we will not challenge for the title, are readily prepared to accept defeats to Falkirk, etc. The passion and expectation seems to be getting knocked out of some people. It's all very strange to me. I find it amazing that Hearts fans get abuse and accused of being Hobos for being fecked off that Hearts got beaten today. This really is one fecked up place.

The Shed Boys of 20 years ago would have stiffened half the people on here for their lightweight attitudes.

Shaun, I have to say I'm surprised by your attitude. We should have ambition enough to challenge for the title. There seems to be far too many people on here now who just accept that we will not challenge for the title, are readily prepared to accept defeats to Falkirk, etc. The passion and expectation seems to be getting knocked out of some people. It's all very strange to me. I find it amazing that Hearts fans get abuse and accused of being Hobos for being fecked off that Hearts got beaten today. This really is one fecked up place.

The Shed Boys of 20 years ago would have stiffened half the people on here for their lightweight attitudes.

I do accept we won't be challenging for the title, yes. Do you think Villa or Spurs fan expect to challenge for the title in England? All I wanted from this season was for the club to be run properly, the manager to have full control, the team to be more than the sum of its parts and a European (top 4) spot to be attained. Sorry, but with our level of debt, I think it's ridiculous to demand an SPL challenge; even more so after the shambles of the past couple of years.

So far, we've made a decent start, and most of us like what Csaba has had to offer. There are bound to be setbacks - plenty of them - but the time to judge whether progress has really been made is in May. Not after one measly defeat at a place we don't win very often anyway.

Never said we should be challenging for the title.........BUT with a guy who allegedly has a wee bit dosh in his sky rocket we should be cementing our position as 3rd best in the country.

Not after finishing 8th last time out, Clerry. Most of us appreciated that Csaba had a tremendous amount of work to do when he took the job. I expect Hearts to finish top 3 more often than any other non-OF club, and to qualify for Europe at least every other year and really two out of every three seasons, but I also realise results such as today's will happen at times. Away from home particularly, they always do.

But are we still perfectly on course for a European finish? Yes, absolutely. Certainly, I can't see anyone else better placed than we are. Overall, I've actually been encouraged by our start under Csaba - and one reverse isn't going to make me change my mind.

siegementality
I do accept we won't be challenging for the title, yes. Do you think Villa or Spurs fan expect to challenge for the title in England? All I wanted from this season was for the club to be run properly, the manager to have full control, the team to be more than the sum of its parts and a European (top 4) spot to be attained. Sorry, but with our level of debt, I think it's ridiculous to demand an SPL challenge; even more so after the shambles of the past couple of years.

So far, we've made a decent start, and most of us like what Csaba has had to offer. There are bound to be setbacks - plenty of them - but the time to judge whether progress has really been made is in May. Not after one measly defeat at a place we don't win very often anyway.

No but I'll bet you a pound to a bucket of sheite that the HOPE they will. It seems to me that some Hearts supporters don't even have that at the moment.

As for demanding an SPL challenge, I don't hear anyone demanding that. What I hear is disappointment and frustration. I'm quite sure we all want Hearts to be successful but some people seem to be accepting defeat too readily for my liking, now that's got to be wrong.

As I've said before times they are a changing. We now have a proportion of our support who accept defeat. Strange days indeed.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
No but I'll bet you a pound to a bucket of sheite that the HOPE they will. It seems to me that some Hearts supporters don't even have that at the moment.

As for demanding an SPL challenge, I don't hear anyone demanding that. What I hear is disappointment and frustration. I'm quite sure we all want Hearts to be successful but some people seem to be accepting defeat too readily for my liking, now that's got to be wrong.

As I've said before times they are a changing. We now have a proportion of our support who accept defeat. Strange days indeed.

Good post.

It's the natural progression of somehow 'accepting Romanov' psychologically. Every one of us knows he's a complete clown with a destructive streak that can set us back years at a moment's notice. But how do we deal with that reality and yet still follow the team they way we always have done? It's a tricky balance.

I doubt they even hope for it, siege: in the absence of a Man City-style takeover, it's impossible. I don't believe anyone will ever break the duopoly here either. We might come 2nd again at some point - but finish ahead of them both? With their resources, their CL money, and refs coming to their aid whenever they need it? Sorry, but I just can't see it.

I'll find a position outside the European places unacceptable. I'd certainly regard a second successive bottom six finish as completely unacceptable. But expecting more than a European finish is to fall into the same trap which led to the Hearts board and many fans viewing a 3rd place finish under JJ in 2000 as not good enough. I've said it before and I'll say it again: Hearts are simply not as big as we all like to think.

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
Good post.

It's the natural progression of somehow 'accepting Romanov' psychologically. Every one of us knows he's a complete clown with a destructive streak that can set us back years at a moment's notice. But how do we deal with that reality and yet still follow the team they way we always have done? It's a tricky balance.

My interest overall now in Hearts is such that I feel nothing about today's defeat. I was speaking to Jambos at work on Friday and they all said that it was odds on that Falkirk would get their first points of the season of us. That's just Hearts. We are back to the "pre-Believe" era of permanent non achievement the difference being that this time we are in a catastrophic amount of debt and are now at the whim of one man, just a toy for a millionaire who has no ambitions at all for our club.

I think we have now reached a point where we can just look for a top six spot only.

Good post.

I agree at least in part with this. Csaba may well be as good as we're going to get under Romanov - at least, until or unless we finish top 2 again. So I've simply set out to give him a proper chance, and delay judgement until the end of the season. We wanted a manager; hallelujah, we got one. I'm also led to believe that he really does have full control too. In which case, compared with only two months ago, I see little to complain about. This may well change in time - but at present, I'm perfectly satisfied with how things have begun under his watch.

My interest overall now in Hearts is such that I feel nothing about today's defeat. I was speaking to Jambos at work on Friday and they all said that it was odds on that Falkirk would get their first points of the season of us. That's just Hearts. We are back to the "pre-Believe" era of permanent non achievement the difference being that this time we are in a catastrophic amount of debt and are now at the whim of one man, just a toy for a millionaire who has no ambitions at all for our club.

I think we have now reached a point where we can just look for a top six spot only.

1. So why did you renew?

2. If we are back to the 'pre-Believe!' era, why didn't you get as angry or fed up back when 3rd place was our main target?

3. In comparison with your armageddon-like fears of the summer, what on earth is so wrong with Hearts aiming merely for a European place anyway?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo
1. So why did you renew?

2. If we are back to the 'pre-Believe!' era, why didn't you get as angry or fed up back when 3rd place was our main target?

3. In comparison with your armageddon-like fears of the summer, what on earth is so wrong with Hearts aiming merely for a European place anyway?

What happened on your road to Damascus?

My point is in the "good old days" when we had a real manager, were not a laughing stock and third was a REALISTIC proposition, it was actually enjoyable being a Jambo.

We are now living on borrowed time, at the whim of someone who could pull the plug at anytime.

Oh and yes, I did renew. Unlike you who seem to be a professional FOOTBALL fan, I am a HEARTS Fan with it in the blood through generations. I have been back this year and have had virtually no enthusiasm for the games I have seen.

The call for non-renewal failed. It was a the only realistic way off protest. It never happned in big enough numbers to have an affect.

Heart of Midlothian FC is a house of cards that can come tumbling down at any moment. We are a grenade waiting for the pin to be pulled. Laszlo will not last. Vlad's next balls-up is just round the corner.

History shows that he is not to be trusted.

What happened on your road to Damascus?

My point is in the "good old days" when we had a real manager, were not a laughing stock and third was a REALISTIC proposition, it was actually enjoyable being a Jambo.

We are now living on borrowed time, at the whim of someone who could pull the plug at anytime.

Oh and yes, I did renew. Unlike you who seem to be a professional FOOTBALL fan, I am a HEARTS Fan with it in the blood through generations. I have been back this year and have had virtually no enthusiasm for the games I have seen.

The call for non-renewal failed. It was a the only realistic way off protest. It never happned in big enough numbers to have an affect.

Heart of Midlothian FC is a house of cards that can come tumbling down at any moment. We are a grenade waiting for the pin to be pulled. Laszlo will not last. Vlad's next balls-up is just round the corner.

History shows that he is not to be trusted.

My road to Damascus involved the following:

1. A manager, who enjoyed full control. We have a manager, he's made an encouraging start, and as far as I can see, he has full control. This may or may not prove the case in the long run; only time will tell.

2. The club to be run properly, and Vlad to butt out. Seems to be happening as far as I can see; again, only time will tell.

3. No hysteria, no happy trains, no 'Believe!', but a calm, cool approach, keeping watch over things and waiting as events developed. Nothing's changed there.

Third place is a realistic proposition - and while we were a laughing stock last season and at times over the previous one, we're certainly not now. Yes, we are at the whim of someone who can pull the plug at any time - which makes us no different to any number of clubs in England. It was inevitable the moment we ended up so heavily in debt that only an extremely wealthy businessman could save us.

But while I don't like, and don't trust Vlad, I'm baffled as to how you can apparently predict the future with such confidence. In truth, no-one can. Why so sensationalist, FJ? Meanwhile, you speak with warmth of a time when, while we finished 3rd regularly, we never did so without living well beyond our means! Don't you want a club that cuts its cloth accordingly, and ensures the huge mistakes of the past (2005-8 included) are heeded? Or do you want our rich owner to spend suicidal amounts of money so we can challenge for the SPL title? Which is it?

Oh, and please don't start with that 'professional football fan' nonsense. I'm a Hearts fan, just like you - albeit with limited short-term resources, but hopefully that won't apply for long. Like anyone else on here, all I want is the best for Heart of Midlothian Football Club. But a word to the wise: I've seen you tie yourself up in knots time and time again with your "it's in the blood through generations" stuff - it'd be a pity if you do so yet again.

One last thing. Boycotting STs. Sorry, but the situation wasn't drastic enough to demand a mass boycott yet: until a viable alternative makes themselves known, Vlad is all we have, and he had one last chance to butt out and let us return to being a football club again. If Csaba walked citing interference from the top, or it was obvious he'd failed because of the same old ****, that'd be the last straw for a whole tranche of fans - but we're not there yet. And I'd have thought you, having ultimately renewed yourself, would've appreciated that.

Geoff Kilpatrick

I agree with that Shaun but it appears to be far too rational.

I'm only going on what I heard but it sounded like Falkirk capitalised on two individual errors and snatched an unlikely win as a result. S**t happens.

Nelly Terraces

Our players are lazy. Lazy in starting the game, and switched off at the end.

I've lost count the amount of times we've lost last minute goals to gash team sin the last coupla years, yet, we never seem to do the same back.

I'll be sticking cash on whoever Failkirk are playing next week to do them, as they are f ***** g gash and we handed them 3 points today.

I was at Falkirk yesterday and like the OP I can't understand why so many people seem to be shocked by the result. Until we bring in strikers that can score goals we will struggle. Its not rocket science.

The sad truth is we are a very average team. We can only hope that bringing in Tullberg and Glen (if he gets a game) into the team might improve things.

I was at Falkirk yesterday and like the OP I can't understand why so many people seem to be shocked by the result. Until we bring in strikers that can score goals we will struggle. Its not rocket science.

The sad truth is we are a very average team. We can only hope that bringing in Tullberg and Glen (if he gets a game) into the team might improve things.

Correct mate - we have a guy that went out on loan to first div clubs and did nothing now, but is currently leading our line in the SPL - sorry but THAT IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

When you think of the strikers we have let go in the last year or so, my god most would probably have them back now!

Drama queens out in force yet again.

We're one point behind second place in the league after 5 games.

Like it or not, that's about consistent with the vast majority of Hearts starts to seasons.

And please stop with the goalscoring striker nonsense. Finding a player who can bag 15+ goals a season in a notoriously defensive league like the SPL is hard enough. Finding one for peanuts is more difficult still.

In Nade, Tullberg, Mole and Glen we've got pretty decent options going forwards. Lets give them a chance before writing the lot off.

I'd say our major concern at the moment should be our lack of a structured back four.

Velicka left in January leaving us with a gaping hole.

Out of Nade, Elliot, Mole, Makela and Glen it's pretty sad that the best of the bunch is a young guy who shouldn't have to burden the responsibilty that goes along with the role he would have to fill i.e. main goalscorer.

If the "management" can't see that then we are screwed forever more.

Ach well you'll be one of the "real fans" who probably long for 7-8k crowds again so you can just say I was there...........git yir heid oot the sand:mad:

We're one point behind second place in the league after 5 games.

Like it or not, that's about consistent with the vast majority of Hearts starts to seasons.

And please stop with the goalscoring striker nonsense. Finding a player who can bag 15+ goals a season in a notoriously defensive league like the SPL is hard enough. Finding one for peanuts is more difficult still.

In Nade, Tullberg, Mole and Glen we've got pretty decent options going forwards. Lets give them a chance before writing the lot off.

I'd say our major concern at the moment should be our lack of a structured back four.

I accept that finding strikers who score 15+ goals a season is not easy but at the moment I'm not sure we have a striker who will get more than 8. The lack of a prolific striker is compounded by the fact that we do not have a Hartley/Cameron type of midfielder who can score 10+ a season.

Time and again on Saturday (as in the Airdrie game) decent balls were played into the box but there was no-one in a maroon jersey attacking the ball.

I accept that finding strikers who score 15+ goals a season is not easy but at the moment I'm not sure we have a striker who will get more than 8. The lack of a prolific striker is compounded by the fact that we do not have a Hartley/Cameron type of midfielder who can score 10+ a season.

Time and again on Saturday (as in the Airdrie game) decent balls were played into the box but there was no-one in a maroon jersey attacking the ball.

You speak too much sense mate - Mikey Stewart has made a decent start to the season and finding the net but he has never been a guy that will get you 8-10 goals a season - lets hope Tullberg and Glen get fit soon to give us additional options.

yes and no because Hearts mentality has always been geared towards winning.

I fear we are heading down the nice wee pretty football team route who just can`t quite win matches they should.

We can`t change the mentality of the club, we can`t afford to, but it seems the current regime are.

We may not end up challenging for the league every season but in general Hearts have been known as a strong league club.

We used to start a season with expectation now it starts with apprehension. If you want to lie down and accept second best then don`t go to Tynecastle.

yes and no because Hearts mentality has always been geared towards winning.

I fear we are heading down the nice wee pretty football team route who just can`t quite win matches they should.

We can`t change the mentality of the club, we can`t afford to, but it seems the current regime are.

We may not end up challenging for the league every season but in general Hearts have been known as a strong league club.

We used to start a season with expectation now it starts with apprehension. If you want to lie down and accept second best then don`t go to Tynecastle.

This is it Debut, it seems guys like Shaun have the mentality of most SPL managers these days and I quote " anything we get off the OLD FIRM is a bonus" - absolutely hate that attitude and if any Hearts player has that belief he should be ashamed of himself:mad:

Archived