Falkirk Game - Few points

beerandbovril

Karapidis - I like him as a centre half and I have seen him as a right back perform reasonably well. However, his positioning as a defensive holding midfielder is generally all wrong and today it was terrible. The huge open space that Falkirk had just in front of our defence was shocking at times and it resulted in both of their goals IMO. Wallace was also at fault for the first goal - I think he has gone from a reasonable prospect before downgrading to mediocrity, and he has now just plummeted to shee-ite. He is not a defender at all, and only ever looks capable of doing anything when he is going forward.

I was very disappointed with Kingston today with his laziness in particular proving to be very frustrating.

On a more positive note, I thought that Nade actually offered something when he came on and I think we were unlucky to lose in the end as we were by far the better team in the 2nd half. Overall, though, we really should be beating teams like Falkirk and, despite the penalty claim and some odd decisions (e.g. what foul did did Nade commit when he was clean through?), we have no excuses.

Wouldn't disagree with any of this and would add in that Berra was poor in the first half, Mroviecz (sp?) tired after 70 minutes and should have been hooked.

Falkirk were clearly fired up for the game, taking advantage of weak refereeing and we didn't come near to matching their effort until an hour or so.

Finally, why were Rice and Hughes not pulled up for continually leavng the technical area, they were on the pitch countless times in the first half in particular.

Falkirk were fired up, I would agree, but they were still crap and despite Hughs' 'passing mentaility', were by no means arists of fluid football. Did they actually have any shots on goal other than the goals themselves?

Archived