Skydiving

hughesie27

Alright guys. Just been browsing bebo and noticed one of my mates sisters has pictures of her doing a tandem jump, another jumper obvioulsy bein a photographer. Looks amazing and is something I'd definitely do. Anybody else done it? Did your parachute open okay?:rolleyes: Quagmire this is a thread for you.

Alright guys. Just been browsing bebo and noticed one of my mates sisters has pictures of her doing a tandem jump, another jumper obvioulsy bein a photographer. Looks amazing and is something I'd definitely do. Anybody else done it? Did your parachute open okay?:rolleyes: Quagmire this is a thread for you.

You are only likely to get one answer to that question:p......

Did a tandem a few years ago for the SOH campaign, was amazing mate. Went to St Andrews dive centre. Your body tells you you are going to die for the first couple of seconds but once you control that it is amazing! Do it!

Spooky - don't suppose your mate a lad called Iain, is it? If so, I know the jumper very well.

I definitely want to do a skydive, hoping to do one next summer if I stay healthy and seizure free long enough. There's a great place near Auchterarder (sp), half way between Stirling and Perth.

Spooky - don't suppose your mate a lad called Iain, is it? If so, I know the jumper very well.

I definitely want to do a skydive, hoping to do one next summer if I stay healthy and seizure free long enough. There's a great place near Auchterarder (sp), half way between Stirling and Perth.

Auchterarder is good, a mate of mines jumps there. If you are going to do a tandem jump avoid St Andrews. Or that is the advice I have had from mates who fall out of planes for a hobby.

Did a tandem jump with a member of the Army Golden Lions parachute jump team a few years back - absolutely terrifying, but one of the best things I've ever done! If you get the chance to skydive - go for it! It is one of the most exhilarating things you will ever do, believe me!!

Static Line is way more scary than skydiving IMO.

Jumping from 800ft is a completely different feeling from jumping from 12,000 ft. It feels more like you are jumping off something rather than into something. That's what I felt anyway.

All good fun though.

i done a static line jump from 3,000 ft a couple of years ago. ended up last out the plane and i was bricking it. chose not to do a tandem sky dive because i want to sky dive on my own in the future.

was a great adrenaline rush, and it was very surreal just hanging off the chute once it was open. thought i was a gonner for a few seconds as the wind caught me when i came out the plane and before i could even think about couting to five my chute looked like it had opened horizontally (if that makes sense). all was well though.

don't have the time here to follow it up and the uk parachute centres are only open weekends. hopefully i can do a raps course abroad one day

Archived