Eggert, stupendous today.

chester copperpot

chester copperpot

I know there will be loads of doom and gloom tonight, but a wee mention to my wee pal Eggert who was sensational today.

Nade did well when he came on, Stewart passed but the rest, no no no.

Well done Eggert, brilliant game today mate.

I know there will be loads of doom and gloom tonight, but a wee mention to my wee pal Eggert who was sensational today.

I thought EJ along with Stewart and Nade dragged the rest through the 2nd half.

If only some of their fellow players had the same will to win today.

Larry needs dropped.

letsalllaughathobos

agree well done young eggert.

i think big shabba has done well with him very steady today.

letsalllaughathobos
I thought EJ along with Stewart and Nade dragged the rest through the 2nd half.

If only some of their fellow players had the same will to win today.

Larry needs dropped.

aye larry needs dropped big time.

chester copperpot
aye larry needs dropped big time.

Am not letting this thread fall into the negative oblivion tonight. Eggert was the man by a mile today.

Cracking performance from Eggy. Incredible that's only his 3rd start at right back and he's already better than Mr Neilson. Tremendous will to win (Wallace have a look son) and the winger never went past him once in the 2nd half. Going to make the position his own.

I think EJ has done remarkably well since being moved to the RB role. Don't want to turn this "positive" thread into a negative one, but its a dam shame we don't have someone as promising to play at LB :(

Am not letting this thread fall into the negative oblivion tonight. Eggert was the man by a mile today.

Apart from Stewart :P

But honestly, Eggert was superb. I've always said that I thought he was our best defensive midfielder but he's possibly even better at right back. He's also played as a centre half and basically he's just a very good footballer. He's got all the attributes to make it in today's game and it's great to see him performing so well, especially when he was overlooked for Karipidis at the start of the season.

I agree that Jonsson had a cracking game today, esp.second half and he is adapting immensely well to the position. However, would it not be a better use of resources by employing him in a central midfield holding role whilst having Karapidis at right back? As I understand it, that is their respective natural positions, so why not play them in them?

Of course, if Jonsson continues to shine at RB, then perhaps Karapidis should be dropped altogether with Ruben brought in as a DCM.

I agree that Jonsson had a cracking game today, esp.second half and he is adapting immensely well to the position. However, would it not be a better use of resources by employing him in a central midfield holding role whilst having Karapidis at right back? As I understand it, that is their respective natural positions, so why not play them in them?

Of course, if Jonsson continues to shine at RB, then perhaps Karapidis should be dropped altogether with Ruben brought in as a DCM.

Excellent second half.

Delighted we seem to have an answer to our right back problem after all these years.

chester copperpot
Apart from Stewart :P

But honestly, Eggert was superb. I've always said that I thought he was our best defensive midfielder but he's possibly even better at right back. He's also played as a centre half and basically he's just a very good footballer. He's got all the attributes to make it in today's game and it's great to see him performing so well, especially when he was overlooked for Karipidis at the start of the season.

I agree mate, him and Stewart were brilliant today.

If Stewart keeps this form up, he will be a Scotland regular.

Hold on actually he wont, as he plays for hearts.

Cappuccino Kid

Did anyone else notice him spewing twice on the pitch before the 2nd half started. Makes his performance in the 2nd half even more impressive.

I agree mate, him and Stewart were brilliant today.

If Stewart keeps this form up, he will be a Scotland regular.

Hold on actually he wont, as he plays for hearts.

But he will eventually as im sure one of the ugly sisters would buy him!

As for Eggert, best performance for him in a hearts jersey!

I thought he was great. I like Karapidis but Palazuelos should be playing in that position - he showed in the few minutes he played that he gets forward to support and sprays better passes around (we shouldn't need a sitting midfielder against Falkirk:(). Stewart - Larry - Palazuelos would be a better midfield fulcrum in my very humble opinion, and would get Larry more into the game.

Stewart was superb, Nade should start, Miko was cheated, I like Kello, Wallace is a nightmare at the mo - wish he'd show his promise, Mole runs around but once we have Tullberg should stick to the bench! Mrowiec looks like a powerful lad and could come good. Ksanavicius was lost surrounded by the giant McClumfers that are the Falkirk defence - is dangerous at times though ;)

Malcolm Tucker

Eggy is the man. FACT END OFF.

Seriously, he was top top quality today, winger very rarely got passed him and he was extremely steady.

Good lad, keep it up.

Eggy is the man. FACT END OFF.

Seriously, he was top top quality today, winger very rarely got passed him and he was extremely steady.

Good lad, keep it up.

Agree with this and all the other positives about the young guy. I've liked the look of him for a long time, but I'm glad he did what he did today. And thanks all you Jambos for the first hand, at the match info. I couldn't make today's game and at least I'm taking "Heart" from some real plus talk. Let's get behind the lads next week; they'll need us to be positive for them too.......;)

I think that Eggert has the ability to make it to a good level in football. He played well today.

But we sorely miss his energy and combativeness in midfield.

If we are trying to teach him how to play a new position, how about giving him some videos of Makelele, Carrick, Xavi etc and pushing him and coaching him how to play the disciplined holding midfielder role he is so suited to.

I think that Eggert has the ability to make it to a good level in football. He played well today.

But we sorely miss his energy and combativeness in midfield.

If we are trying to teach him how to play a new position, how about giving him some videos of Makelele, Carrick, Xavi etc and pushing him and coaching him how to play the disciplined holding midfielder role he is so suited to.

Because either sitting on the bench or sitting in the stand we don't have another right back worth a sook.

Was saying earlier Csaba is right, we do have potentially the best RB in the SPL there.

Also, it does no harm to have him able to play both roles.

I like the fact he tackles on his feet and more often than not comes out with the ball. He only dives in if he knows he will win it.

A note on Ruben, Donkey was saying on the radio that Csaba does not see him an a DCM, he sees him further forward. Two players for each position, so I reckon he is competeing with Stewart, which right now, is no easy task.

Nelly Terraces

Agree. He was solid today,and could be a very good right back. Espesh 2nd half where he tackled that winger about 6 times when the geezer tried taking him on.

Sorry, can't agree about Nade. He did well for what he does, but like Mole, what he does aint good enough I'm afraid. Workhorses don't score goals.

And Mickey Stewart was immense for us today.

If Nade had a man with him today he would have done well. He was getting nothing from the ref at all, but what he did do was cause them major problems.

For me, we looked better when him and Audrey came on. I'd start them both next week.

But no one's a better option than Eggy at right back.:cool:

I agree, but if Csaba thinks he can turn Eggy into a great RB what could he do as a DM/CM. Maybe he could turn Karipidas in to a decent RB?:)

portobellojambo1
If Nade had a man with him today he would have done well. He was getting nothing from the ref at all, but what he did do was cause them major problems.

For me, we looked better when him and Audrey came on. I'd start them both next week.

I agree that based on today's performance Nade should start next week, but if he is fit I would prefer to see Gary Glen up front with him rather than Ksanavicius. We need to get more people into the box when we attack, and preferably people with a goalscoring instinct.

(What I actually took in pre match today, and enjoyed the look of what I was seeing, was the fact they seemed to be practising moves whereby the full backs took the responsibility of delivery of the ball into the box and the striker(s) and midfielders looked as if they would provide the finishes. Unfortunately it didn't actually pan out that way during the game for some reason)

jamboinglasgow
Was saying earlier Csaba is right, we do have potentially the best RB in the SPL there.

Also, it does no harm to have him able to play both roles.

I like the fact he tackles on his feet and more often than not comes out with the ball. He only dives in if he knows he will win it.

A note on Ruben, Donkey was saying on the radio that Csaba does not see him an a DCM, he sees him further forward. Two players for each position, so I reckon he is competeing with Stewart, which right now, is no easy task.

Its amazing to think that this is only the 3rd game that Jonsson has played at RB. he is assured and a great tackler. He is also able to run up the field. To me he will turn out like Hutton in that style of RB. I think Eggert will make that posistion his own and good on him too. I think people like to take shots at Jonsson being played at RB and Hari-karipidas being played at DM but Csaba has explained it throughly and it does make sense. I think it needs time for them to get used to those posistions. I think Csaba has an eye for what posistion a player can do and sometimes people need to trust him on that role.

Something I may suggest is try giving Johnny Brown a role on the subs bench to try doing Wallaces role as I think he is going to be a much better player than wallace, he will be able to do on the left what Jonsson does on the right.

Stewart when fired up like today is imense and I think Nade was good but we still need a striker to go forward and bang them in.

chester copperpot
Its amazing to think that this is only the 3rd game that Jonsson has played at RB. he is assured and a great tackler. He is also able to run up the field. To me he will turn out like Hutton in that style of RB. I think Eggert will make that posistion his own and good on him too. I think people like to take shots at Jonsson being played at RB and Hari-karipidas being played at DM but Csaba has explained it throughly and it does make sense. I think it needs time for them to get used to those posistions. I think Csaba has an eye for what posistion a player can do and sometimes people need to trust him on that role.

Something I may suggest is try giving Johnny Brown a role on the subs bench to try doing Wallaces role as I think he is going to be a much better player than wallace, he will be able to do on the left what Jonsson does on the right.

Stewart when fired up like today is imense and I think Nade was good but we still need a striker to go forward and bang them in.

I've actually not liked him at RB in his previous games, but he was just sensational today.

Quite happy for him to play there for the next few games and prove his worth. He was superb today.

Eggert on the right and Rapnik on the left it's the way forward.We could have to outstanding fullbacks as long as Csaba gives Rapnik the shot.

Eggert was fantastic in the 2nd half yesterday.

He was hung out to dry by that waster Kingston and he took everything Kriklaf had to fling at him and more.

The performances of our full backs today was a real contrast. Excellent to beyond pish.

Cardiac Rucksack

Whats all this Csaba thinks he is a right back nonsense? Surely Big bad Vald has seen this and decided this. Im confused by when and where he makes his decisions.

Archived