Time for Nade to start?

The People's Chimp

The People's Chimp

And for hearts to go 4-4-2 again. Heard from a mate at the match that nade played well wehn he came on, and that mole put in a good shift. Surely now we have to see Nade starting and hearts going 4-4-2. The 4-4-1-1 gives us control of the midfield, but no firepower and nobody in the box to take chances. We've got a few results, but equally we've had so many chances go begging.

I've said it a few times, but Nade has the potential to be a very big* player for us, and to score some good goals. (Bizarrely I had a dream last night about him scoring basically the best goal of all time to win at celtic park, while wearing big headphones listening to tunes.)

Tullberg might make a difference when he's fit, as may the introduction of gary glen, but i doubt either of them will do much as a lone striker, simply because it's a sair fecht running about there on your own.

ICT at home really is a game we need to win and also a game in which it should NEVER be justified to play one up front.

* tee'd up for anyone who wants to make any cheeseburger related jokes.

The People's Chimp
And for hearts to go 4-4-2 again. Heard from a mate at the match that nade played well wehn he came on, and that mole put in a good shift. Surely now we have to see Nade starting and hearts going 4-4-2. The 4-4-1-1 gives us control of the midfield, but no firepower and nobody in the box to take chances. We've got a few results, but equally we've had so many chances go begging.

I've said it a few times, but Nade has the potential to be a very big* player for us, and to score some good goals. (Bizarrely I had a dream last night about him scoring basically the best goal of all time to win at celtic park, while wearing big headphones listening to tunes.)

Tullberg might make a difference when he's fit, as may the introduction of gary glen, but i doubt either of them will do much as a lone striker, simply because it's a sair fecht running about there on your own.

ICT at home really is a game we need to win and also a game in which it should NEVER be justified to play one up front.

that was nade wearing the headphones, not me btw.

To answer the OP, Yes Nade was good enough to warrant a start in the next game ahead of Mole. In fact if he'd been wearing long studs instead of blades today he might have scored twice.

Whether he's on his own up front or playing with another striker is another matter.

I dont see us playing 2 up front until we're a bit more effective in midfield. Only Stewart is playing well in there and we'd need 3 out of 4 to do well, not just 1, before we can go with two up front.

Jambof3tornado
To answer the OP, Yes Nade was good enough to warrant a start in the next game ahead of Mole. In fact if he'd been wearing long studs instead of blades today he might have scored twice.

Whether he's on his own up front or playing with another striker is another matter.

I dont see us playing 2 up front until we're a bit more effective in midfield. Only Stewart is playing well in there and we'd need 3 out of 4 to do well, not just 1, before we can go with two up front.

He changed his boots after his half time warm up. Not sure that a 5 minute keepie up and passing session tells you much about the playing surface,and he may well have got a goal had he not slipped twice.

I would say that two up front, with a midfield of Mikoliunas and Cesnauskis wide and Palazuelos and Stewart in the midfield is our best midfield/forward combination. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. I see us going through the season with one man up top; again. :(

Of course its time for Nade to start - he is the best forward we have. But we must play someone up front with him, probably Glen. Nade is the sort of player who can occupy two opposition players at a time and create space for someone like Glen to run into.

We can't however play him up front on his own because when he do we never get enough support up to him. He also gets booed by some of our **** support who expect him to bring the ball down for himself, beat three men himself, cross it in for himself and then score! Oh and also close everyone down himself in a completely futile exercise just so the oppo defence can pass it round him. There were games last season esp at home, where Nade played well up front but suffered from the ridiculous formation Frail was using, (with Palazuelos and Jonsson basically holding each others hands and playing as CBs in the same 10 yards of the pitch) yet Nade was getting absolute pelters when he was 1 v 4 in every single attack!

Play two up front, play 4 in midfield and play on the front foot for a change! Nade has skill, pace and power, he ain't gonna be a 20 a season man but given a run he will make a difference for us.

Id play Nade and Glen, but I did think that Audrey and Nade linked well together yesterday. Seemed to be playing off one another.

Im not Audrey's biggest fan, but I would be tempted to start both against Caley, ahead of Kingston and Mole.

The People's Chimp
Id play Nade and Glen, but I did think that Audrey and Nade linked well together yesterday. Seemed to be playing off one another.

Im not Audrey's biggest fan, but I would be tempted to start both against Caley, ahead of Kingston and Mole.

As has been said, though, there's no point in starting nade and just playing him as a lone striker, it simply wont work. We need to start him and go 4-4-2. srm12 summed it up perfectly.

I think if Nade started a game at this point then he would have to be subbed probably at half time but certainly before an hour was done - he came on after 49 minutes yesterday and was struggling with his energy / fitness towards the end although he did put in a good shift in the time he was on.

Nade is not fit enough to play up front on his own so we should change the way we play to accomodate him in the team?

Yes I think we should. That's what you do IMO, shape your team to suit your better players. Regardless of what you think about Nade he is the best striker we currently have.

He is never going to get fully match fit if he does not start games.

Yes I think we should. That's what you do IMO, shape your team to suit your better players. Regardless of what you think about Nade he is the best striker we currently have.

He is never going to get fully match fit if he does not start games.

I'd prefer it if we wait until he is fit enough to hold his own. We don't need passengers.

I'd prefer it if we wait until he is fit enough to hold his own. We don't need passengers.

Our team is full of passengers, Nade has worked and trained hard. He deserves a start.

I still think it's too soon.

He's at least a stone overweight despite shedding the majority of his belly, and wouldn't last the 90 minutes.

It's nonsense to say you can't get match fit without playing 1st team games.

Match sharpness is another thing but we're talking about basic stamina here, which can be gained on a running machine, or by simply playing in bounce matches.

I would say that two up front, with a midfield of Mikoliunas and Cesnauskis wide and Palazuelos and Stewart in the midfield is our best midfield/forward combination. Unfortunately, I don't see it happening. I see us going through the season with one man up top; again. :(

I would like to see that also. At The Castle against teams like ICT, Falkirk etc I think Miko and Chesney will tear them a new one when playing together. Both are comfortable on either side meaning they would be able to swap and roam meaning they are a lot harder to mark. But I ain't holding my breath.

Back to Nade he should definately start against ICT. I thought he was a real threat when he came on and gave Barr something to think about. Also some of his touches/passes were first class.

It does not work, we have tried it a hundred times and more.

If we are using two wingers then we need some serious dig in midfield or one up front.

It does not work, we have tried it a hundred times and more.

If we are using two wingers then we need some serious dig in midfield or one up front.

Just put a defender in there :rofl:

The People's Chimp
Just put a defender in there :rofl:

It's the only way. We've only looked up since we binned our best defensive midfielder since salvatori and started playing centre backs in there.

It's the only way. We've only looked up since we binned our best defensive midfielder since salvatori and started playing centre backs in there.

:)

Watch out BH will be on your case shortly.

Watch out BH will be along shortly to say we haven't created anything.

Archived