CJGJ

Still losing too many goals-- defence not as good as some think

Mole tries but not enough threat

Need more presence up front -- Tullberg ? and Glen -- sorry Csaba but play Glen

Play 4-4-2

Driver is important to the team

Whilst we are more organised we are 'a work in progress'

Midfield mix just not right

i think we learned (once again) that any team needing to get their first points/goals/win must be delighted at the prospect of our charitable nature and playing pish so that they acheive that

That Lee Wallace is not a defender and that there will be plenty of results like this this season.It's not just us though once again apart from the top 2 everyone can beat each other look at todays results for proof.

i think we learned (once again) that any team needing to get their first points/goals/win must be delighted at the prospect of our charitable nature and playing pish so that they acheive that

Thanks Bev but I was looking for something new ;)

Totally agree with you though -- sometimes attitude wins through -- we still have to question some of the team on that score I think.

Play 4-4-2

Would agree with all of that.

Would also add in that Lee Wallace is not the answer at left back.

sometimes attitude wins through -- we still have to question some of the team on that score I think.

couldn't agree more, and frustratingly larry is one of the worst offenders, and it pishes me off more with him than many others because is is one of the most talented players we have

Csaba's Broon Shoes

Playing with one inexperienced striker

Gives huge encouragement to the opposition to commit players forward

Thus putting twice as much pressure on our defence

2 strikers is a must to progress

Why are we affraid to attack the SPL mediocre teams ?

Just left game. We need to play 2 strikers. Simple. Mole was running the channels well but was totally isolated. Nade was playing flick ons to himself ffs.

If we are to play 1 up it should be nade and we should play more attacking midfield.

1st game of season. Expected new world, got old hearts.

Still think Csaba is the man for the job, but i think he has made some poor decisions.

Persisting with Mole as lone striker is pointless as he really is not a goal threat! Give the new slimline Nade up there with him and play with 2 strikers!

Karapidis and the Polish guy in midfield?? Falkirk are not that good, it is clear as day that Ruben should have came in!

Lee Wallace is just not up to the task.

Really disappointing result, but inevitable in my opinion.

I believe we are a better team than last season, simply in application and motivation alone. However, we have not improved in terms of the squad, which is hardly surprising considering we haven't really changed it much. There are 3 clear difficiencies-

1) Our defence is really poor, eight goals in 5 games. I'd be tempted to get rid of the lot of them in the next transfer window and look to Rapnik from the youth and try and get players like Anderson, McNamee, Kennedy, McNaughton etc who may be available

2)We lack proper forwards- 1 goal from Mole is our forwards effort in 5 games, we need to get Tullberg fit, give Nade a final chance and give Glen a run

3)Too much dross clogging up the squad players that need to show something or move on are too numerous to mention

csaba the hut!

do yous think even 2 players this year would have got in our squad in 2006!! skacel;hartley etc?? think we need a major clear out!!:mad:

rudi must stay

Play 4-4-2

that's the main one.

Play 4-4-2

No 15 to 20 goals a season striker.

Wallace not good enough

A mid table team?

Still think Csaba is the man for the job, but i think he has made some poor decisions.

Persisting with Mole as lone striker is pointless as he really is not a goal threat! Give the new slimline Nade up there with him and play with 2 strikers!

Karapidis and the Polish guy in midfield?? Falkirk are not that good, it is clear as day that Ruben should have came in!

Lee Wallace is just not up to the task.

Really disappointing result, but inevitable in my opinion.

If Frail had played Mole on his up front he would have been crucified. Interesting to know if Csaba played with a lone striker at previous clubs?

The sorts of signings we used to make would be sensible going forward.

I liked the look of Barr, Arfield, McBride, O'Brien today and all of them would do a good job for us. The experience of the likes of McNamara, McCann and Bullen was also useful to Falkirk and we need to bring in experienced players at the window.

Last game I thought that McArthur of Hamilton looked a tremendous player too. And Gary Mason did a good job for St Mirren against us.

It is a shame that we seem to have given up on trying to buy the best of the rest. Because some of these sorts of players could do similar things as Mickey Cameron, Hammy, McCann etc did in the late 90s.

The only thing we learned today is that without a goalscorer there will be more results like today.

Grumpy.

johnny the jambo
No 15 to 20 goals a season striker.

Wallace not good enough

A mid table team?

at best

its excactly the same as last season, with a couple of new faces

jamboinglasgow

I learnt that people expect the problems we had two weeks ago to magicly disapear.

On a more serious note, I dont think I learnt anything today that we didn't know, except confirming that wallace is a leak in the defence, if he was more alert we would not of lost that goal.

I still think that we only have 1 fit striker and that is jamie Mole. Csaba knows what he is doing and he knows that if he had two fit players that would work he would play them. I predict in four weeks at the most we will have two forwards up front and have many strikers and not complaining about up front. Csaba wont buy a striker to fill three weeks, he has capable strikers and when they are fit they will play.

But over all we done well

Im an old bugger also except I dont bum bhoys. I went today as it was a treat from my son I really cant remember ever going to fallkick and winning so to me it was no surpize we lost but on the positve side we really played well and did show that Rocky is prepared to change things when its not going to plan Mico off kingston moved , that move inproved the whole set up. That changed the game and we really looked like we could grab the winner, but is was not to be today.

If played right, Mico is the Starr. Kingston a waste off space in centre mid and I never really like to slagg hearts players but you are correct about wallace two mistakes today , two goals as the norn with him, lets get rid of him. I hope I dont get into the KB habit so this just a one of wallace=clunie

Play 4-4-2

What we learned today

Michael Stewart, especially in the second half, made several great runs and had no one running off him and little movement ahead of him. It got a little bit better with Ksanavicious and Nade playing but we've got to find an intelligent off the ball runner for him to link with.

Agreed we've established that Mole, as a lone striker, hasnt got a threat.

Agreed that Driver on form is one of our key outlets.

4-4-2 wont neccesarily fix what is wrong with us , because what is wrong is rooted in the midfield where the balance isnt right, as you said. Fix that and 4-5-1 might work, as might 4-4-2. Dont fix it and no system will work.

Defensively I think we're okay apart from a desperate need for a left back. We're leaking goals through Lee Wallace.

Larry Kingston has a serious problem with application and effort. he's a luxury player we cant afford at the moment

Archived