Team news

Ryan Gosling

Hearts: Kello; Jonsson, Zaliukas, Berra, Wallace; Mrowiec, Karipidis, Stewart, Mikoliunas; Kingston, Mole. Subs not used: Palazuelos, Nade, Makela, Thomson, Ksanavicius, MacDonald, Rapnik.

Hearts: Kello; Jonsson, Zaliukas, Berra, Wallace; Mrowiec, Karipidis, Stewart, Mikoliunas; Kingston, Mole. Subs not used: Palazuelos, Nade, Makela, Thomson, Ksanavicius, MacDonald, Rapnik.

How do you know the subs won't be used?.

Not too bad a team obviously the Polish lad is an unknown quantity for us but I am sure Shabba knows what he is doing. Hopefully Miko can continue with his good form for Lithuania into this match.

I'd play it

------------Kello-----

Jonsson--Zal--Berra--Wallace

-------Mrowiec--Kari

-Larry-----Stewart-----Miko

-----------Mole

I'd play it

------------Kello-----

-------Mrowiec--Kari

-----------Mole

Doesnt look too bad.

Would still rather play with 2 up front though.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Good stuff. It makes sense, which is good enough for me after the last two seasons. Oh, and let's hope Audrey's demotion continues at pace.

Not sure what kaunas lad has done to get ahead of ruben or glen for that matter. We are now playing with 2 def mids and 1 striker.

That is just it buddy, Palazuelos was (arguably) our best midfielder last season, in fact he was voted player of the year by JKB (by virtue of PJ1's MOM thread) yet he is behind a newcomer and a defender in the queue. I am a firm believer that our main failing is that players have not earned their chances in our team in the past few years, whilst those that seemingly have have been discarded.

Interesting how Laszlo remarked about a 4-4-2 being more suited to us after the early suggestion of this 4-2-3-1 formation yet we have not seen Hearts play with two strikers all season.

Commander Harris
That is just it buddy, Palazuelos was (arguably) our best midfielder last season, in fact he was voted player of the year by JKB (by virtue of PJ1's MOM thread) yet he is behind a newcomer and a defender in the queue. I am a firm believer that our main failing is that players have not earned their chances in our team in the past few years, whilst those that seemingly have have been discarded.

Interesting how Laszlo remarked about a 4-4-2 being more suited to us after the early suggestion of this 4-2-3-1 formation yet we have not seen Hearts play with two strikers all season.

Csaba thinks we have played 442 so maybe it's just a question of his definition.

I think most of our questions on formation were answered in yesterdays press conference, I'd recommend watching it if you've got Hearts World or listening to it on the beeb website.

Csaba thinks we have played 442 so maybe it's just a question of his definition.

I think most of our questions on formation were answered in yesterdays press conference, I'd recommend watching it if you've got Hearts World or listening to it on the beeb website.

To be fair I hadn't heard anything about the press conference. I shall try to source it out. Cheers.

What I would add is that if Laszlo thinks we HAVE played 4-4-2 this season then I am saddened by that.

rudi must stay
Take a draw right now.

well you're the only one. Decent team imo apart from Wallace at left-back, he's been **** for us there recently

Commander Harris
To be fair I hadn't heard anything about the press conference. I shall try to source it out. Cheers.

What I would add is that if Laszlo thinks we HAVE played 4-4-2 this season then I am saddened by that.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/7613330.stm

from 3 min 10 on the BBC link. (just listened to the bbc link and it's edited so it's not as clear)

on hearts world it's on the 5 minute mark.

It is still a more defensive choice of personnel than previous teams. Our kaunas posters say adrian is principally a defender. That's 2 defenders in our midfield. How is that positive?

It is still a more defensive choice of personnel than previous teams. Our kaunas posters say adrian is principally a defender. That's 2 defenders in our midfield. How is that positive?

Can you please moan once the game is over?

FFS

If anyone on here knows more about tactics than Csaba then i apologise but the rest of you are moaning *******s that should have a bit of faith.

I'd play it

------------Kello-----

-------Mrowiec--Kari

-----------Mole

Thats how I see it.

Possibly trying to wear Falkirk down for an hour and then change as necessary. I suspect he's been looking at previous Falkirk v Hearts videos where Latapy, Arfield and Creggan seem to dominate in M/F.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
Can you please moan once the game is over?

Harsh. Things have reached Olympic-standard pernicketiness when anything short of fawning over the line-up is seen as moaning or negative.

Csaba explained last week why Ruben is not playing.

He played 4 times in Germany in the defensive role and didnt come up to scratch. However as an attacking midfielder he is much better however Stewart has the jersey as currently Csaba sees him as no 1 for the position so for the meantime Ruben will have to bide his time until he gets a starting slot.

Csaba feels that Karapidis is the best we have for the defence role as he can tackle and pass the ball well out of midfield and he is also a threat with his height.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic
FFS

If anyone on here knows more about tactics than Csaba then i apologise but the rest of you are moaning *******s that should have a bit of faith.

It's what football fans do! Fans have done it for over a hundred years. Why is that so difficult for people's brains to understand?

....................Kello

Jonsson, Big Zal, Berra, Wallace

.................Karipidis

Kingston, Stewart, Mrowiec, Miko

....................Mole

Kari protecting the back 4 with Stewart and Mrowiec looking to win the midfield.

Its a fact - doesn't mean we won't win but we have 2 defs in midfield and 1 striker. Fact!

We have a centre half sitting in front of the back four, four midfielders and one striker. It is a fact, it happens all the time.

Two of our midfielders are wingers and will be supporting the striker. It is a fact, it happens all the time.

Driver, Cesnauskis and Obua are all injured. It's no surprise with 3 attacking midfielders out, we play a defensive heavy midfield.

Were we to stick a more attacking line-up from the start, it could be extremely risky were a change needed.

Archived