Ma-Kalamity Spoils Top Sportsman's Dinner.

Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

How cheeky is this? :mad:

How dare this sporting pygmy bother a genuine world class athlete while he's trying to have his tea.

Obviously Roger was being polite and endured this pests unwanted attention like the gentleman he is. :sad:

If I'd have been there, I'd have summoned security to man handle this stalker out the building. :mad:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/h/hibernian/7613581.stm

Hibs goalkeeper Yves Ma-Kalambay has revealed that he was given some recent advice from tennis star Roger Federer.

The keeper approached the winner of 13 Grand Slams in the Athletes' Village while on Olympic duty with Belgium.

"Roger was having food and I just took my plate and sat next to him," said the 22-year-old.

"Federer gave me good advice about focusing and focusing on your goal and not worrying about what people say and what people think."

Ma-Kalambay missed the first three league games of the season as Belgium progressed to the semi-finals in Beijing.

The former Chelsea reserve immediately won the gloves back for the 1-0 home defeat to Motherwell a fortnight ago, since his Easter Road rival Andrew McNeil had picked up an injury.

Federer suffered a surprise quarter-final defeat to James Blake at the quarter-final stage in China but went on to win gold in the doubles with Swiss compatriot Stanislas Wawrinka.

And, last weekend, he picked up his fifth consecutive US Open title with a convincing win in the Flushing Meadows final over Andy Murray, who is a Hibs fan.

"We discovered we both spoke French and we started talking," continued Ma-Kalambay.

"It was really easy. I knew who he was but he did not know who I was. I explained to him that I played football in Scotland.

"He is a great man, very elegant and very down to earth and he loves football."

On the subject of Federer's advice, the keeper said: "At the end of the day, even though you play with 11, a goalkeeper is on his own.

"If something happens, people don't talk about the defence or strikers, it's the goalkeeper.

"He gave me some pointers. He told me to be more selfish and to think about myself."

"It was really easy. I knew who he was but he did not know who I was. I explained to him that I played football in Scotland.

firstly - no sh** he never knew who that clown was

secondly since when the **** did that handicapped ape become an internationalist?

N.B I mean ape as in the animal before anyone starts with the racist nonsense

Makalamby eh? Can't wait 'til we play that lot! With him in goal and Bamba in front of him, Jones and St Mirren reject David Van Zanten, they're there for a tankin! FatPat wonders why they've had a bad start to the season?, he should take a look at his defence! M'oan the JT's!!!!

Chad Sexington
Might explain why he tried so hard to thrash Andy Murray though

I hadn't thought of that. :mad:

Obviously this nincompoops unwanted company has made Roger see red at anyone remotely connected with Hibs and Scotland.

Andy Murray was just the wrong man in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Thanks for robbing the UK of it's first male tennis Grand Slam winner since the 3O's, you great lumbering hobo oaf. :mad:

If Federer is a fitba man, he'll know who Kalamity is.

Guaranteed his granny will have got him Lovejoy's 101 Footballing **** Ups dvd for his christmas.

Pretty sure hobo goalkeepers will contribute about 50% of the material for that wee number.

The People's Chimp
firstly - no sh** he never knew who that clown was

secondly since when the **** did that handicapped ape become an internationalist?

N.B I mean ape as in the animal before anyone starts with the racist nonsense

Still should have opted for a better choice of words.

Guest S.U.S.S.

No, he should be free to state his opinion without people thinking the worst.

Why the hell does KB decide when there is any ambiguity that someone automatically meant it to be offensive.

Please note Liquidator this is not a post simply directed at you but KB in general.

Why? are you that sensitive ?

Let's not call Tony Mowbray monkey heid as it may offend someone

The People's Chimp

The point is though that the particular word "ape" is used by people making derogatory remarks towards black people; viz the airdrie or motherwell fans and their monkey chants at black players.

So, while you didn't mean anything by it, it's an unfortunate term to use. The fact you put a disclaimer on, really, means you knew the possible connotations. In these circumstances you could have used another word which would adequately describe the numptitude of makalamby.

The mowbray comparison is pretty disingenuous because mowbray is white - the parallel for offence just isn't there. Nobody makes monkey noises at white players.

For the record, I wasn't having a pop, just saying that when you yourself have indicated that you are aware of a possible reaction, that you should have chosen a different word.

Mind you, then you wouldn't have got that possible reaction...:rolleyes:

The point is though that the particular word "ape" is used by people making derogatory remarks towards black people; viz the airdrie or motherwell fans and their monkey chants at black players.

So, while you didn't mean anything by it, it's an unfortunate term to use. The fact you put a disclaimer on, really, means you knew the possible connotations. In these circumstances you could have used another word which would adequately describe the numptitude of makalamby.

The mowbray comparison is pretty disingenuous because mowbray is white - the parallel for offence just isn't there. Nobody makes monkey noises at white players.

For the record, I wasn't having a pop, just saying that when you yourself have indicated that you are aware of a possible reaction, that you should have chosen a different word.

Mind you, then you wouldn't have got that possible reaction...:rolleyes:

I put the disclaimer as I know people like you would sniff around.

The People's Chimp
Not a dig dude but you are the CEO of the JKB God Squad

The JKB god squad? I hope you're not suggesting I believe in a fictional character?

Guest S.U.S.S.
The JKB god squad? I hope you're not suggesting I believe in a fictional character?

I agree, i recently saw a program on the discovery channel, they have found the original first page of the bible.

?All characters in this book are fictitious and any similarity to

persons living or dead is purely coincidental."

:P

Archived